• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Rift battle general discussion

Well, they did it, they made boss node idiotproof, now all rift battles going to be a 100% map clear.
Nobody competent is going to lose against this debuffs

Reactions: Daelon
The debuff lock and 50% extra atk/hp are gone, thats it; the house advantage modifier will still require some elemental counter play or risk getting bb3’d to death, and final curse + jinx + 150% atk will make it so one slip up and you’re gone. Not as super easy as people are making it out to be imo.

(It would be easy either way for smart competent non-casual mega high level big badass hardcore players anyway)

If they dont make at least +100% at every other nodes the players that are going to win are those with the cheap tactics of silver fighters so you cannot get the extra 150 points of bb finish and combo. Lets be realistic i dont remember the last time i lost vs a node that wasnt the boss. I think it was vs a dreaklocks and for being stupid for using dm instead of bloodbath. High level players can just destroy +500% with ONLY 1 variant (their best variant), i dont see how +150% is going to be a challenge for a "boss"node.

I'm still baffled why people think the "silvers on the beginning nodes" strategy makes sense. You just fight them with your own silver characters if you care about the bonus points!

Reactions: Pepperlunatic
I'm still baffled why people think the "silvers on the beginning nodes" strategy makes sense. You just fight them with your own silver characters if you care about the bonus points!
Sure as diamond 1 i must have for some reason fully upgrade silver characters in my roster instead of using them to make more gold / diamond variants, or maybe waste coins, time, skills points to make 8 silvers fighters. Thats looks pretty viable.

Sure as diamond 1 i must have for some reason fully upgrade silver characters in my roster instead of using them to make more gold / diamond variants, or maybe waste coins, time, skills points to make 8 silvers fighters. Thats looks pretty viable.

O...kay. I just made some silver and bronze characters when I was leveling up, then I guess neglected to destroy them because the silver and bronze prize fights are a source of coins, theonite, and silver and gold shards.

O...kay. I just made some silver and bronze characters when I was leveling up, then I guess neglected to destroy them because the silver and bronze prize fights are a source of coins, theonite, and silver and gold shards.
Thats a good point of view, eitherway the stupid silve strategy is not the problem here, the problem is that they are making 1 of the 2 good defensives nodes incredible easy for some reason, there is a lot of cool and aceptable modifers in accursed experiments and even in the elemental prizefight but they put one of the easier one.

The debuff lock and 50% extra atk/hp are gone, thats it; the house advantage modifier will still require some elemental counter play or risk getting bb3’d to death, and final curse + jinx + 150% atk will make it so one slip up and you’re gone. Not as super easy as people are making it out to be imo.

(It would be easy either way for smart competent non-casual mega high level big badass hardcore players anyway)
Sure, we should make the endgame mode so easy that practically no one can lose at any node just because the we are not hardcore player that cant have specific variants to fight the boss node, thats look ok. I cant wait to see what the same players gotta say when they lose 30455 to 30470.

AHHAHAAHA just lost to a 70k boss node twice. maybe I’m losing my touch. maybe the update is a good thing?
I don’t even know what to feel anymore :/

Reactions: fanghoul
Is this something to be weary of? Dropping stats is kind of troublesome.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190215-205058_Skullgirls.jpg
    Screenshot_20190215-205058_Skullgirls.jpg
    645.7 KB · Views: 23
Is this something to be weary of? Dropping stats is kind of troublesome.
Perhaps that person is tired of trying to be competitive. If they are trolling lower ratings then their rating will increase more than they drop. And soon they won’t be on the same rank any more. What are you worried about?

Perhaps that person is tired of trying to be competitive. If they are trolling lower ratings then their rating will increase more than they drop. And soon they won’t be on the same rank any more. What are you worried about?
Because they will then drop again and stomp lower ranked players over and over untill they rise, and start deranking again

Because they will then drop again and stomp lower ranked players over and over untill they rise, and start deranking again
When players drop their rating they are bond to be throwing fights, fights like those the player with lower rating can get a good amount of points. Some people get lucky and gets matched with someone who’s de-ranking, some gets unlucky and get stumped. Look pretty balanced to me.

When players drop their rating they are bond to be throwing fights, fights like those the player with lower rating can get a good amount of points. Some people get lucky and gets matched with someone who’s de-ranking, some gets unlucky and get stumped. Look pretty balanced to me.
Yes, it is so much fun to either win by non participation or get defeated by a player way stronger than you

Reactions: fanghoul
AHHAHAAHA just lost to a 70k boss node twice. maybe I’m losing my touch. maybe the update is a good thing?
I don’t even know what to feel anymore :/

Something has to change. I've been playing to get the rewards, but procrastinate more and more when I start the battles, and I've been giving up on the ones I do have much more readily. Pretty frequently I've been starting on Thursday so I can at least get them all done with free tickets, but I at least have 3 days of not having to have a rift battle.

I'm right on the border these days of Diamond 2 it seems, and the rewards of getting there would be great, but the rewards of floating around where I am putting in very little effort are okay, and putting in a ton more effort wouldn't guarantee anything since so much of the results is already seem determined just by who I'm matched against. It all feels a little pointless.

New boss node modifiers sound too easy, honestly. I feel like people are just gonna stock up on Gold/Diamond Bad Hair Days with First Cut to get around the 2-use-per-character restriction. Losing Sacrosanct and lowering the HP/ATK buffs? Doing one or the other would have been a good place to start. And House Advantage seems very easy to counter; just never go in with a fighter that gives the opponent Elemental Advantage.

I dunno. I'll reserve full judgement to when I can actually play with the new modifiers.

Reactions: Zachary Baumstark
Yes, it is so much fun to either win by non participation or get defeated by a player way stronger than you

Yeah. I'm fighting one of these right now. Lower rift score than me, but has high level diamonds for every single slot.

The game should probably reward the player more for, like, actually playing rift mode in the intended way that developers thought would be fun, rather than for playing in a way that just makes the mode seem more like it's completely RaNdOm whether you even have a shot a winning. As is, it's just going to push more people into the sink and rise pattern.

One easy way to handle this would be to match people up based on their player level, rather than rift rank. That way you'd still be having to fight people that were the same average difficulty as you, with no reward for monkeying around with your rift rating.

I guess this idea isn't without it's downsides though: It would make it a little harder to win back rank if you had an bad week. And it wouldn't help people like me, since I'm level 69, and level 70 is a vast range of people slightly better than me to people with like 50 high level diamonds. I guess it might also make it even harder to find a match, because rift scores are at least somewhat evenly distributed, unlike player levels.

Still, it might be worth it if it helped move the game more towards making this mode fun or rewarding to play as intended, rather than something it make more sense to play in a meta way, where you trying to make the most of the reward mechanics, winning or losing any individual match be damned.

Reactions: xcapibara
Today i got matched against a player one rank and about a hundred rift rating higher than me. His base: all maxed diamonds, lower nodes in the 45k fs range, heck, my own base sub-bosses nodes are not 45k! As soon as i saw that i thought ‘pointless to even try’ and moved on to pf. About an hour later i check and the other player had not attacked at all so i thought well maybe a draw i haven’t seen one yet. Couple hours later, victory, he played just one node and purposefully lost it to give me the 500 defense points and lose the match... so, his rating went down and mine went up and i felt like i had lost by going up. Ha! How ridiculous this rift battle mode is becoming!

Matching by level wouldn’t work as fanghoul explained above.

One way to make it work would be to have the matchmaking calculate the total fs of your base, taking into account the +% modifiers and find a match within certain similar range.

Last edited:
supposing it goes with high rank but I thought it would atleast be semi fair, not just rip through lower levelled players on same tier, just seemed a miss but higher levels with 65k boss node, scary but I did ok this time around.

Not sure why I didn’t think of this earlier, but what if they apply a similar algorithm in rift like they do at higher streak PFs? In PFs, you’d fight some 17k FS gold characters at streak 40 or so because they are buffed way up. What if in rift the % buff in nodes aren’t fixed to 100%, 150%, but it scales proportionally to match the total FS of the player?

For example, if a person with boss node of 3 gold chars at 30k FS is matched to a 3 diamond 60k FS boss node, then the golds get whatever % buff it takes to bump those golds to 60k.

This way, even players without as many diamonds can generate a boss node that is somewhat challenging to the player with full diamonds.

Another advantage to this is that we can utilize golds that we haven’t been able to upgrade to diamonds yet, providing a more diverse way to plan and strategize defense. Heck, even throwing in a bronze Sketchy will not truly cripple the whole node but actually make it more interesting.

The challenge to this idea is what to do with mixing different tier fighters. How would you scale a team composition of 1 silver, 1 gold, and 1 diamond? The 1 diamond would be too OP and if say there’s a 320% buff across all 3 characters in that node. Perhaps the solution is to cap the total FS of individual character to never exceed a certain %. So for the said silver/gold/diamond team comp said above, the silver would get a whopping 1200% boost to scale its stats to be sonewhat comparable to a diamond tier, the gold character gets a 250% boost to stats, and the diamond remains untouched or receives a 50% boost due to it being the boss node. Anyway, this would require a more complex scaling algorithm.

Edit: To go a step further with this concept. What about those sand bagging in gold ranks with their army of diamonds? Well, they can apply a debuff to stats so the poor gold 2 player with limited diamond characters can have a shot at a boss node that’s not 70k FS because it is somewhat scaled back to say 50k. This would encourage players to attempt a node that they would never even think of! Or, perhaps like PF, you get a choice of 3 options when fighting: 1. Fight the team with buff and get more points, 2. Fight team without buff and get standard points, or 3. Fight the team with a debuff and get less points but you could at least clear the node.

Obviously more tuning and testing would be required for something like this to work, but I’d like to challenge the Devs to at least give this a thought.

Last edited: