• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

What does everyone think of rift battle changes?

personally i really enjoy the fact that we can use fighters twice now. i have a very limited roster (only have a few golds that are actually viable in tough fights) and being able to actually get through the tough boss nodes without spending theonite to use fighters again is really nice. i also like the adjustments to the scoring on combos and the first time using fighters.
however i do agree that some of the modifiers were changed to the point where the boss nodes are a bit too easy now. i really appreciate the devs trying to make the boss nodes less difficult than what they were before but these changes have made them a breeze to do. i think we may need some more adjustments to get that happy medium of difficulty that won’t be impossible but also not super easy. i do like most of the changes to the other, non-boss nodes and the reward system changes tho.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zachary Baumstark
Before the rift battles changes, each week I used to (really) struggle to reach a Diamond 4 rank, most of the battles I won was because people searched for getting a downgrade (I want to believe because they had a better map than mine) and people started to get frustration (including myself) and get bored because the score for ranks started to get lower each week, people entered the mode just to accomplish the requirement and then try to climb again (sometimes being overqualified to the rank they got) or I heard about some people that got a rank they felt and proved they weren't ready (so they got a rank where there was players with a better map and resources and that ones that searched the downgrade, woah). I have played some "new" rift battles and I can say that I enjoyed the mode, there are more equal matches and the chances of success has improved (for any side). I didn't like the idea of using twice the characters, but I can tell that it has benefits, for the people that doesn't have a vast roster it opens a great chance to complete and face a tough rival but on the top battles, it would bother me, because on the greatest ranks it becomes a strategy battle or a mode where you had to faint the strongest characters but now they can use twice the characters, no matter they would repeat, they know their defense would handle the "penalty" of using the same character. About the boss node being "super easy", I can tell that I still have some troubles but I enjoy the battle, instead of getting each 6 of 7 battles, time up loses. It's a challenge now and not the mode you have to flip a coin and pray to have a chance.

I know that I won't get the Diamond 4 tier anymore and this doesn't bother me, Gold 1 (or if I fall to Gold 2) now can give you a better amount of shards than the old D4 used to give you, so I'm fine (Diamond keys I know, but it's only one).

I heard about people complaining that the mode isn't a decent mode anymore and it's worse than the old one, well in theory, once this season it's over, they should find more "suitable" opponents (Also after having 10+ diamonds the game would become easier I guess), more variety and equal matches, and I want to believe they will have more chances the avoid of getting a D3 vs S1 Match or D2 vs G1 (True G1, not the apparent G1).

That's my first impression, I have good vibes about what would happen to the mode, but just the time will tell us.

I think it was a good idea to tone down the super-tough boss fights, but I feel like letting you use each fighter twice kind of diminishes the idea behind rift battles.

In the rest of the game, you usually only need three fighters so you can use all your resources on making three fighters powerful. This is mitigated by energy depletion and spotlight missions and fight modifiers and such, but it's the rift battles that really give you a need to spread out your resources and have twenty tough fighters instead of three. You only get to use each fighter once, and this restriction was mirrored on the offensive and defensive sides. Letting the attacker reuse fighters kind of throws off that balance and allows you to get by with fewer tough fighters.

Reactions: Zachary Baumstark
I think it was a good idea to tone down the super-tough boss fights, but I feel like letting you use each fighter twice kind of diminishes the idea behind rift battles.

In the rest of the game, you usually only need three fighters so you can use all your resources on making three fighters powerful. This is mitigated by energy depletion and spotlight missions and fight modifiers and such, but it's the rift battles that really give you a need to spread out your resources and have twenty tough fighters instead of three. You only get to use each fighter once, and this restriction was mirrored on the offensive and defensive sides. Letting the attacker reuse fighters kind of throws off that balance and allows you to get by with fewer tough fighters.
I agree comeplety. It feels wrong to use my best fighters on two differnt nodes but I know it's the best way to win. At least there isn't paid refreshed anymore