• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Rift score reset ruined diamond and gold 1 rank

Beldr447

Reaction score
So since they implemented the rift score reset to 2000 high rank has turned into a shitshow where gold 1 players keep getting matched against diamond 1.
I do understand the reason for the reset, avoiding huge point gaps between top players, but the reset have only made fights compleatly unfair and unfun where every last one of them is a one sided stomp

Very much agree. Before the reset i was at the cusp of reaching D2 with a rating of 2200. My winratio was maybe slightly above 50%, but generally it felt rather even.

Now i either get matched vs a G1 player, which results in them being stomped by me, as i have access to more diamond fighters than them.
Or i get matched with a D1 and above and i get stomped, as their whole base is made up of Diamonds.

It's a terrible mess and makes a mode i am already not the biggest fan (dislike for pvp) of even worse.

Reactions: Inked
What if they do something like Prize Fight where there are separate entries? For Gold ranks you cannot use diamonds (or maybe up to 5 diamonds max?). Diamond and above compete in their own pool and can never get matched against golds? Of course the rewards will have to be completely restructured.

Still doesn’t solve the issue of not having enough player base to compete in the mode as long as the system requires both players to be online and looking to match.

Hmm it does seem like the rift score reset can really pull people down if they don't actively pursue matches and get lucky with who they match with up there. I've managed to stay in D4 for a while. D3 sometimes if I get lucky. I feel like they should have different reset positions for diamond tiers. Say D4-D3 tiers get reset to 2000 and D2 and above get reset to 2100? Would that be a more better idea? That way there isn't too much of a power gap.

Hmm it does seem like the rift score reset can really pull people down if they don't actively pursue matches and get lucky with who they match with up there. I've managed to stay in D4 for a while. D3 sometimes if I get lucky. I feel like they should have different reset positions for diamond tiers. Say D4-D3 tiers get reset to 2000 and D2 and above get reset to 2100? Would that be a more better idea? That way there isn't too much of a power gap.
I don't agree with the idea of different reset thresholds, but I will leave a link to a thread I made on this topic about what I think should changed:
https://forum.skullgirlsmobile.co m/threads/change-the-rift-rating-reset-threshold.5630

Last edited: