• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Prize Fight- No Pain No Gain

ThanatosDK

Reaction score
What do you guys think of this PF so far?

It's a lot harder than previous ones and I'm surprised my 3.7k RE BB can take 6 BB3s before dying.

Being able to kill opponents in 1 tap is an absolute must.
Otherwise you'll have to drop your combo before they build bb3 and hope the next touch will kill before they fill bb3.

Edit:
So many Untouchable Peacocks ;0
Edit2: hope you love bb3 spam by ai

Last edited:
I'm having a really tough time. My win streaks are much lower now because I hit a point much sooner where the opponents score is so much higher than mine that their BB3s just one shot all my characters.

There seems to be no strategy to it either. My BB3s don't one shot as my score is too low, so turtling to use the Supercharged modifier to build up my BB3 is pointless.

Similarly all skill goes out the window as it doesn't matter how well I react, block, launch or counter, the AI BB3 can't be avoided and is an inevitable and quick death.

The more I write about it the more I realise it sucks. This Prize Event takes all the fun, skill and strategy out of the matches.

Last edited:
So far I've found it pretty okay. It's given me an incentive to get No Egrets Parasoul and Bad Ms Frosty Filia to gold since they'll probably be the most useful in this prize fight.

Reactions: ThanatosDK
I'm not having fun with this Prize Fight so far. I'm determined to get the Gold Painwheel on offer but that's as far as I'm going to go with this one. So many BB3s happen that I'm lucky to get a win with some teams at all, let alone a win streak.

It also doesn't help that when it comes to training my cards, it mostly ends up with me losing a fight, regardless if it was a slaughter or not, so it fails as a good place to train my weaker cards.

Sometimes, I can pull out four or five wins in a row, but beating my previous record of nine straight wins is not gonna happen. I believe this Prize Fight has become way too hard compared to the Peacock event.

This PF is making the ai bb3 issue more apparent. I expect a lower score threshold to rank.
This PF should've been something like "20% chance to gain enrage when hit". That would've made the opponent more dangerous as you damage them but also avoid the issue of having no options apart from 1 tap.

I don't use Painwheel very much so I'm probably going to skip this, the modifier is annoying.

I found it to be disorienting at first since up until now pretty much every fight modifier favoured us players. Lost a few times but once I got the hang of it, this feels no different than any other PF in terms of difficulty.

I expect the scores for this gold PF to be on average lower than all the others, since not everyone has the resources to maintain a decent streak.

It's an awful feeling going into a match and having to decide "Who will I have to sacrifice to the BB3 this enemy has?", and then in a higher streak realizing that you still won't be able to defeat a higher score fighter before they get another BB3 off, and so you already know you're doomed to lose.

It accentuates the worst problem of the game, and if the devs stitll haven't seen the large thread in Feedback about unblockables, maybe this will finally catch their attention and elicit a response.

The modifier does a very good job at discouraging any sort of cautious play. If you can't take them out in one go they probably will kill you.

I'm glad I already have a Gold Painwheel, I can more or less skip the event this time around.

So in the first 24 hours I was able to get 25 million. The thing about this prize fight is that you kind of have to adjust your playstyle a bit. Once you get used to it, it's not that bad. I guess I'll throw in some tips:

1. RANGED Unblockable charge attacks are going to be your best friend
Ranged unblockable charge attacks provide lot of damage while only hitting once, which causes BB3s to fill up minimally. By "ranged," I mean charge attacks that allow you to hit from a distance such as Filia's, Cerebella's, Painwheel's, and Big Band's. If you can corner an enemy right off the bat and have the spacing between you and the AI such that the AI is just at the edge of your charge attack's range, you can relatively safely just spam unblockable charge attacks and the AI will usually be KO'd before their BB3 charges. Be cautious of enemy tag outs and BB1/BB2s.

2. If your character has the ability to almost 1-combo-KO a character, first drop combos before doing a full combo
If your character has the ability to take away 75% with a full combo, start off the fight by only doing part of the combo (ie. do the first part of a combo but don't jump attack after a launcher). This is because when you only do a partial combo you are doing enough damage to get the opponent into KO range for your full combo while also not hitting enough for the AI's BB3s to charge up. To put things into perspective, say you start off the fight by doing the first part of a combo before dropping and it only takes away 30% of their health, their BB3 would only be about 50%-75% charged, so when you punish their next attack with a full combo that would take away 75% of their health, you would have successfully KO'd a fighter before they could activate a BB3. As opposed to doing a full combo off the bat and charging their BB3 to full due to the extra hits from a full combo, leaving you vulnerable to a wake up BB3.

3.No Egrets Parasoul, Bad Ms Frosty FIlia, Big Top Cerebella and Last Hope Valentine are the most useful fighters for this prize fight
No Egrets Parasoul and Bad Ms Frosty Filia have a chance to disable Blockbusters on hit for a few seconds, making you less likely to get hit with a BB3. Big Top Cerebella and Last Hope Valentine have the ability to resurrect themselves after they have been KO'd, this makes them invaluable BB3 fodder in case the AI is able to charged a BB3. If you plan to use no Egrets Parasoul, Bad Ms Frosty Filia, or Big Top Cerebella, I recommend you evolve them to gold, as they may struggle to survive in high level gold fights otherwise.

4. Only choose to fight AI generated teams
As tempting as it might be to fight player teams, if you want to keep your streak alive, choose to fight AI generated teams (ie. Aeon and Venus). AI generated teams don't always have BB3s equipped to each character, so that removes the headache entirely. Also, if the AI generated team does have a BB3, there's a 2/3 chance that the BB3 will only be silver or bronze, so your chances of surviving said BB3 improve drastically.

5. Try equipping 1-hit specials
1-hit specials, such as George's Day Out and Brass Knuckles, do absurd amounts of damage while also charging the opponent's BB3s minimally.

IMG_2282.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: moisterrific
So in the first 24 hours I was able to get 25 million. The thing about this prize fight is that you kind of have to adjust your playstyle a bit. Once you get used to it, it's not that bad. I guess I'll throw in some tips:

4. Only choose to fight AI generated teams
As tempting as it might be to fight player teams, if you want to keep your streak alive, choose to fight AI generated teams (ie. Aeon and Venus). AI generated teams don't always have BB3s equipped to each character, so that removes the headache entirely. Also, if the AI generated team does have a BB3, there's a 2/3 chance that the BB3 will only be silver or bronze, so your chances of surviving said BB3 improve drastically.

View attachment 101

How do you know if an opponent is AI generated?

How do you know if an opponent is AI generated?

Their name will appear as Aeon or Venus. I've only faced them once I've gotten my multiplier high enough to match make against groups that are 20K+.

Aeon and Venus are the best to select in the PFG because they roll with random skills. I've had them roll with 3 taunts and 2 bursts before. It's disheartening that the climb to x5 multiplier can be very difficult and once you get there the Aeon and Venus teams are even easier than the teams you faced to get there.

Don't bother taking Big Band, Pain Wheel or Filia unless you can kill opponents up to 2k FP above you in 1 combo. Their multihit attacks and supers will assure opponents will wakeup bb3 every time.

Avoid Untouchable Peacock, Big Top Cerebella and armed forces cerebella as they can all get super armor. Possibly avoid all Cerebellas because her damage per hit is high and she has unblockable throws.

I've been playing about 5 hours and have 2 Mill with my best characters being a 4K H cerebella and 3.7k RE BIg Band. This PFG is a bit frustrating to get going because of how much of a disadvantage units still leveling will be at.

Min-max strat would be using Multiple Cerebellas with max Attack Tree only with multiple merry-go-rillas and possibly a Diamonds are forever to secure a kill.

This will keep FP low making your match ups closer. Since one bb3 will kill you anyways defense doesn't really matter. Damage per hit matters a lot here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Itinerant
You're not going to run into Aeon/Venus bot teams until you've got a good streak going, and I reckon most of the players that are struggling with the modifier cannot get a streak high enough to get a choice between fighting bots and real player teams. I got around 500k in the first day mostly relying on Harlequin Cerebella, because her throw specials and supers deal a big chunk of damage with only one hit so it doesn't build their meter. Haven't felt much motivation to keep grinding at it though.

Reactions: Itinerant
Their name will appear as Aeon or Venus. I've only faced them once I've gotten my multiplier high enough to match make against groups that are 20K+....

Don't bother taking Big Band, Pain Wheel or Filia unless you can kill opponents up to 2k FP above you in 1 combo. Their multihit attacks and supers will assure opponents will wakeup bb3 every time.

Avoid Untouchable Peacock, Big Top Cerebella and armed forces cerebella as they can all get super armor. Possibly avoid all Cerebellas because her damage per hit is high and she has unblockable throws.

I've been playing about 5 hours and have 2 Mill with my best characters being a 4K H cerebella and 3.7k RE BIg Band. This PFG is a bit frustrating to get going because of how much of a disadvantage units still leveling will be at.

Min-max strat would be using Multiple Cerebellas with max Attack Tree only with multiple merry-go-rillas and possibly a Diamonds are forever to secure a kill.

Well, I can normally get to around 12K before i get flattened! So I guess that's why I haven't noticed any AI teams yet.

My current strat has been to pick AI teams with one noticeable very weak link. I then turtle up vs the weak enemy to get my BB3s active, then combo with BB3s at the end to kill. It's still very frustrating though, as I'll hit a threshold where I die to poke or don't do enough damage.

i just don't understand who sat down and thought, "you know what our fighting game should have? invincible fullscreen unblockables. this is a good idea."

seriously what was the thought process behind this mechanic

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't do so much damage. If BB3s had low damage, they might actually be somewhat balanced. But mobile games aren't about balance. They're about P2W.

i just don't understand who sat down and thought, "you know what our fighting game should have? invincible fullscreen unblockables. this is a good idea."

I imagine that was Finance's decision.

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't do so much damage. If BB3s had low damage, they might actually be somewhat balanced. But mobile games aren't about balance. They're about P2W.
Honestly, I think the best change would be to simply make them not unblockable. Lower damage would just mean you can face a bit higher opponents before their BB3 destroys you just the same.

Invincible? Fine. Fullscreen? Sure, sets them apart from the normal and grab blockbusters. High damage? That's fine too, takes a lot of gear points and takes longer to charge.

Not being unblockable would save players so much grief, and puts them in line with all other blockbusters, having to depend on the player's timing.

I haven't seen any advice to pick Parasite weave Fillia. She's just as broken here as in any other fight. If the ai can never act, they can never use any BB3s either. Just pay attention to the debuff and time combos properly.

-sigh- I have gathered about 460k points in the Gold tier of this event and I'm honestly not feeling up to go through any further fights in this PF. I think I've earned enough for the Gold Painwheel and that's all I care about right now. Time to tackle the Bronze tier to get some Bronze Keys that I need.