• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Spending Theonite on Canopy Coins

fanghoul

Reaction score
Does anyone ever trade in their Theonite for Canopy Coins? In most games trading in your premium currency for lesser currency would be a horrible mistake, but I'm starting to wonder if that's the case in this game. For one thing, I need Canopy Coins to upgrade my existing fighters much more than I need new fighters, with a few exceptions. I would really like a Xenomorph or Rainbow Blight, so I've been thinking about this a lot the last couple days.

But we also have the Cabinet of Curiosities now, which gives us a way of converting Canopy Coins into relics. So is it better to convert Theonite into Canopy Coins, and then buy the relics from the Cabinet? TL DR: It appears that is better to trade the Theonite for Coins when buying relics.

So for 2,000 theonite, I can buy 10 character specific relics, plus get a 11th that has a 0% chance of being a Bronze characters, and double the chance of being Diamond or Gold

On the other hand if I buy the Canopy Coins, it costs me 1,600 Theonite to buy 1,840,000 Canopy Coins. This will give me the ability to buy roughly 18 character relics from the Cabinet, so the ratio of Theonite to Relics is already in our favor this way.

But what about that 11th relic from buying it with Theonite? Getting 7 extra Bronze characters is not worth nearly as much as a single Gold or Diamond.

If we look at the stats provided in game, there's a 4% chance to get a Gold or Diamond character in a regular relic, and a 8% chance in the bonus relic. To not get too far into the weeds, some basic probability then tells us that the chance of getting a Gold or Diamond character is just 100% minus the chance of never getting one for all the pulls.

So for the 18 relics that's (100%-96%^18) = 52%

And for the 11 that's (100%-(96%^10)*92%) = 39%

So buying the Canopy Coins and then the relics from the cabinet saves you 400 Theonite, and gives you a 13% better chance of getting that Diamond or Gold character you're lusting after.

The big downside to that strategy though is that 1) it's going to take a really long time to find 18 of the relics of the one character you want to work on in the Cabinet and 2) I don't know about you, but I am definitely going to spend all those Canopy Coins right away instead of saving them for weeks waiting for the one relic I'm looking for, so the point is slightly moot?

Anyway, was running the math for my own sake, and thought I'd share the results with you all. Hope you find it interesting. Anyone else have thoughts on spending your Theonite on Canopy Coins?

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Yeah, similar numbers were crunched in a thread when the new system was released for +1 bonus relics guaranteed a silver card.
I agree with the math, but it seems that the immediate gratification of 10(+1) relics beats the cost effectiveness of buying single relics from the Cabinet. It all depends on how soon you need a specific character? At least you can still earn Elemental relics in the weekly PF, cuz, once Story mode is exhausted, how else can one earn Premiere/Chara relics? That means you're either spending CC (long term investment) or Theo (the quick fix).

Any thoughts on the current Theo discount on Skill Tree nodes? Still too expensive? 1,600 theo to 1.8million CC can unlock a lot of nodes if you have the SP (which can also be purchased with Rift Coins...)

I just spend 3k on dark element relic today got 3 silver and 3 50xshard, rest bronze and 25xshards. Forget relic odds. My theos are coins from now on. And I will spend my coins lvling move/bbs. Thats 1600theo one lvl15 move. Idc.

Any thoughts on the current Theo discount on Skill Tree nodes? Still too expensive? 1,600 theo to 1.8million CC can unlock a lot of nodes if you have the SP (which can also be purchased with Rift Coins...)

I'd say that even with the discount, the ratio of coins to Theonite is still laughable. I could spend 150,000 coins or 500 Theonite right now on a Heavy Metal move point upgrade for example. 500 Theonite is worth about 575,000 coins at the best exchange rate. Unless you're willing to say 50 Big Band skill points are worth 425,000 Canopy Coins to you, it's just not even close to worth it.

I just spend 3k on dark element relic today got 3 silver and 3 50xshard, rest bronze and 25xshards. Forget relic odds. My theos are coins from now on. And I will spend my coins lvling move/bbs. Thats 1600theo one lvl15 move. Idc.

I think I've ended up in this camp too. There's just too many things to do in this game that are more interesting than likely disappointing relic pulls right now.

Personally I ended up trading my Theonite for coins, and then spending a chunk of it on silly projects, like finally maxing out my silver Nunsense.

Is she incredibly powerful? No. Is she funny as heck to use during things like the dark prize fight? Heck yeah!

Yup, after two blue and a green elemental 10+1 got the bare minimum (all bronze with 25 piece shards), I've given up on wasting theonite on elemental relics.

Did it once, and yeah, spending 1,600 theonite for 1,840,000 Canopy coins felt like such a better use of resources. My collection is mostly medium-strength fighters that could always use a node unlock.

Reactions: fanghoul and Luke
Thats all I do with my theonite. I have a full character collection atm so I'm not buying relics anytime soon, specially with how time consuming leveling silvers to 40 to make sacrificial golds is.

So all of my coins go towards skill trees and upgrading moves. Although I should probably check how efficient that is against just using theo to upgrade the trees themselves.

Reactions: fanghoul
I'm just going to add as an FYI to this thread for anyone that finds it later that shortly after making the initial post for this, the rate of relics showing up in the Cabinet seems to have gone way down, so while it still makes some financial sense to do Theonite -> coins -> relics, it might take months to buy all the relics that way. I've been working on this for two weeks now and I've gotten... two of the specific relics I wanted.

Reactions: Irghen
I've do it 3 or 4 times for sure, usually I level up a gold fighter till 30 or 35 without updgrading a single node and when I have enough money I unlock it all. I'm just doing an exception now for Robo Fortune and saved 4000 theonites but if she takes too long to be released I will do it again for a Buzzkill.

Reactions: fanghoul
With the cabinet of curiosities, it is far more efficient to spend theo on coins. It's more efficient than using theo for skill or move upgrades, and getting fully upgraded characters is far more effective than opening relics for the slim chance of a gold/diamond when you are first starting out.