• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Diamond relics

We desperately need a QoL update soon to address the hot mess with resources in general and finding the right balance between RNG and customers satisfaction. Favorites is a good start but zero option to recover from RNGesus messing with you is just going to drive people away.

(maybe rename this thread "The Diamond Excess Problem" or "Unwanted Natural Diamond Duplicates")
An easy fix: make diamond characters worth x amount of gold characters. 1 diamond = 5 gold would be grand, but for the evolve economy, 1 diamond = 3 gold would be fair.

Taking months to build the diamond relic percentage only to get a duplicate natural diamond is my biggest fear. They take a ton of resources to strengthen (diamond keys, expensive nodes). I don't want to invest in multiples. In my collection all duplicates are fodder for evolution (I have soooo much silver!).

I think the bottom line for me is the feeling of wasted resources. Duped diamonds are just taking up space and a visual reminder of how Much RNG doesn’t like you.

Best case solution is to have a system where you can slowly build up to exchange for something with 100% certainty.

Acceptable solution would be a system to exchange for another random chance.

Not preferred solution would be to sell it for Canopy Coins or exchange for another type or resource.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
I've been lucky enough not to get a duplicate Diamond from 4 Diamond Relics I've opened. However, for every unique natural Diamond I get, the chances for getting a repeat out of Diamond Relic goes up. Getting a repeat natty Diamond is triply frustrating because in addition to being extremely costly to upgrade and taking a really long time to get, they also serve no other purpose. At least with Golds, you can use extras as evolution food at some point, and the rate of obtaining golds is fast enough that it doesn't feel like the end of the world (or maybe we're just conditioned to getting the same Gold over and over out of Prize Fights). With Diamonds, if you don't want to invest in upgrading, the only other option is to sacrifice it for XP, which is a huge waste and in no way worth it. Now maybe, if sacrificing a natty Diamond instantly leveled up another character to max, it would be worth sacrificing duplicates, but even then, it probably still wouldn't be worth it.

I get that the risk of duplicates are generally an aspect of gacha systems, but it would be a huge QOL increase if we didn't have to worry about duplicates from our natural Diamond Relics. If I get a duplicate natural Diamond out of a Premiere Relic, it wouldn't be that bad. Easily gotten over. But I hate the idea of getting endless duplicates when I'm trying to collect the last 1 or 2 natural Diamond fighters.

I've been lucky enough not to get a duplicate Diamond from 4 Diamond Relics I've opened. However, for every unique natural Diamond I get, the chances for getting a repeat out of Diamond Relic goes up. Getting a repeat natty Diamond is triply frustrating because in addition to being extremely costly to upgrade and taking a really long time to get, they also serve no other purpose. At least with Golds, you can use extras as evolution food at some point, and the rate of obtaining golds is fast enough that it doesn't feel like the end of the world (or maybe we're just conditioned to getting the same Gold over and over out of Prize Fights). With Diamonds, if you don't want to invest in upgrading, the only other option is to sacrifice it for XP, which is a huge waste and in no way worth it. Now maybe, if sacrificing a natty Diamond instantly leveled up another character to max, it would be worth sacrificing duplicates, but even then, it probably still wouldn't be worth it.

I get that the risk of duplicates are generally an aspect of gacha systems, but it would be a huge QOL increase if we didn't have to worry about duplicates from our natural Diamond Relics. If I get a duplicate natural Diamond out of a Premiere Relic, it wouldn't be that bad. Easily gotten over. But I hate the idea of getting endless duplicates when I'm trying to collect the last 1 or 2 natural Diamond fighters.

What about the heavy “investors” of this game who’s got every single natural diamonds of this game? Like I said, it’s really down to designing multiple ways to manage resources all across the game.

If I could sacrifice a dupe Natural diamond to vastly level up one of my existing characters (I think to max is too much), say like 5 or 10 flat levels.. I’d do it in a heartbeat. Currently in my opinion only half of the 13 are worth keeping anyway. I have no interest in investing the other ones.

What about the heavy “investors” of this game who’s got every single natural diamonds of this game? Like I said, it’s really down to designing multiple ways to manage resources all across the game.

If I could sacrifice a dupe Natural diamond to vastly level up one of my existing characters (I think to max is too much), say like 5 or 10 flat levels.. I’d do it in a heartbeat. Currently in my opinion only half of the 13 are worth keeping anyway. I have no interest in investing the other ones.
I was just provided an example of possibly the most minimal QOL change that would make getting duplicate natty Diamonds not so bad. In a perfect world, the chance for a duplicate natural Diamond would be completely removed from Diamond Relics, but as much as I'd like to see that, I doubt they'd implement that change.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Please do something about this, I just think this is not ok. I'm hard playing for 4-5 months from my start to get my Diamond Relic and well after that huge time, just check a duplicate diamond is just one of the saddest/angriest moments on my mobile game experience.

Please guys at least for Diamonds, avoid duplicate, lets us ( the people who have duplicates ) re roll to a new one and for the people who already have them all, let them to sell the diamonds for another resource like spoken in this thread (canopy, exp, etc...)

pray

Thanks and please !

Last edited:
A few months later, I'm curious if Hidden Variable has devised a solution. As a Silver 1 Rift rank, my diamond shards consist of gold PF 10% clear rewards, so it takes 13 weeks to gather a diamond relic.

Today that 3 month crawl ended with a duplicate diamond bursting from the box. I'm elated to earn it, but stung to know it will never be used since it takes tons of resources to invest in a natural diamond.

How's your luck going? There are 16 natural diamonds in the relic now, right?
  1. Dark Might Beowulf
  2. Heavy Metal Big Band
  3. Dream Band Big Band
  4. Heavy Handed Cerebella
  5. Star-Spangled Cerebella
  6. Jawbreaker Double
  7. Heart of Darkness Double (not available yet)
  8. Stand Out Eliza
  9. Class Cutter Filia
  10. Djinn Fizz Filia
  11. Furry Fury Ms. Fortune
  12. Fly Trap Painwheel
  13. Summer Salt Parasoul
  14. Freeze Frame Peacock
  15. Overclocked Robo-Fortune
  16. Love Crafted Squigly
  17. Assassin's Greed Valentine
For more duplicate discussions, see also:
Dublicats (non-English spelling of "Duplicates" or typo?)
Duplicate natural diamonds

Reactions: TonyPartridge30
A few months later, I'm curious if Hidden Variable has devised a solution. As a Silver 1 Rift rank, my diamond shards consist of gold PF 10% clear rewards, so it takes 13 weeks to gather a diamond relic.

Today that 3 month crawl ended with a duplicate diamond bursting from the box. I'm elated to earn it, but stung to know it will never be used since it takes tons of resources to invest in a natural diamond.

How's your luck going? There are 16 natural diamonds in the relic now, right?
  1. Dark Might Beowulf
  2. Heavy Metal Big Band
  3. Dream Band Big Band
  4. Heavy Handed Cerebella
  5. Star-Spangled Cerebella
  6. Jawbreaker Double
  7. Heart of Darkness Double (not available yet)
  8. Stand Out Eliza
  9. Class Cutter Filia
  10. Djinn Fizz Filia
  11. Furry Fury Ms. Fortune
  12. Fly Trap Painwheel
  13. Summer Salt Parasoul
  14. Freeze Frame Peacock
  15. Overclocked Robo-Fortune
  16. Love Crafted Squigly
  17. Assassin's Greed Valentine
For more duplicate discussions, see also:
Dublicats (non-English spelling of "Duplicates" or typo?)
Duplicate natural diamonds
I'm actually not opening my recently collected Diamond Relic until we hear an update on this. I've gotten 6 natural diamonds thus far (luckily all have been unique), but with each new unique Diamond fighter, the chance for the next to be a dupe increases.