• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights I love Rift Matchmaking Balance

Reaction score
I love the balance of Rift Match pairing now. Win or Lose, but to fight with opponent who have near or close collection makes me try hard and do my best in performing the Rift. Satisfaction bonus if I win at the end. The only issue I have is if you have higher rating and you're paired with someone way below, the Win reward and the Lose deduction are so disappointing. I was paired with a Gold3 and I am Gold1 rank. Opponent's base was really a difficult challenge for me cause his/her fighters and catalysts are so hard to counter considering my collection and the WIN points was only 6 while the LOSE points was 24. Imagine the pressure to defeat a very difficult base and only be rewarded so low. Though I get the point why, but I can't hide my frustration. I know it may not change for the purpose of climbing the rank but.. anyway, thank you so much. More power.

Last edited:
I also agree. I'm a Diamond 4 player, and I recently matched with a Gold 3. Easy win right? Nope, and I think it's mainly because of rift decay and how the matchmaking system works.

Their base was much stronger than mine (more diamonds, better catalysts, etc.), but similar to RGMShaid, I would only gain 6 points if I win, and lose 24 if I don't. Thankfully these kinds of pairings have been a rare occurrence for me, but with how matchmaking works, I could theoretically be matched with the same person multiple times in a row, while they gain an insane amount of rating from winning against me, and I also drop an insane amount of rating, even IF we end up getting a close battle score.

I don't know all the factors used to pair opponents in rifts, however I believe that the rating earned/lost should also factor in collection, especially since matchmaking also uses the player's collection. I understand that players who are unfairly in a lower rank should be "pushed out" as quickly as possible into the rank that suits them best, but it is insanely frustrating to play matchups like this, which is an uphill battle with almost no positive payout from it.

Other than that, I think Rifts are headed in the right direction, and catalysts are a great addition imo (though some combinations are a bit too tough for me, but I like the challenge). I've just been getting a bit too much of these "unfair" rift matches which make it much harder than it should be to maintain a rank that fairly represents my collection.