• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 3.2.1 Update Notes (LIVE!)

How to tell the difference between a Gold standard character-locked catalyst and a unique character catalyst?

How to tell the difference between a Gold standard character-locked catalyst and a unique character catalyst?
It’ll have an icon on the top left of the catalyst. When you tap on it it will say the name of the character.

It’ll have an icon on the top left of the catalyst. When you tap on it it will say the name of the character.
No, I get that. But the update notes describe two types of catalysts: standard catalysts that have a character-locked variant, and then rarer, unique character catalysts.
Standard Bronze, Silver, and Gold Catalysts come in two types...
  • STANDARD CATALYSTS - A version of a standard Catalyst that affects ALL defenders on a node.
  • STANDARD FIGHTER LOCKED CATALYSTS - A version that ONLY triggers when defenders of a specific Fighter type (Double, Filia, Squigly, etc) on a node are active, with increased potency.
A handful of Gold only rare Catalysts exist...
  • Unique Elemental Catalysts - Only triggers when a Defender of a specific element is active with a powerful Modifier.
  • Unique Character Catalysts - Every Character type has their own unique Catalyst that can ONLY be triggered by an active Defender of that Character type.
I want to know how you tell the difference between a gold "standard fighter-locked catalyst" and a "unique character catalyst".

Reactions: Luke
No, I get that. But the update notes describe two types of catalysts: standard catalysts that have a character-locked variant, and then rarer, unique character catalysts.

I want to know how you tell the difference between a gold "standard fighter-locked catalyst" and a "unique character catalyst".
I managed to grab one this morning from CC shop. Looks like it will say who it’s for. Hope this helps.

Upgrade cost is same as gold moves. Lv10 to 11 was 225k.

Attachments

• 651098CE-1E98-4C5A-914A-76DDD61C4BBD.jpeg
    651098CE-1E98-4C5A-914A-76DDD61C4BBD.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 23
I managed to grab one this morning from CC shop. Looks like it will say who it’s for. Hope this helps.

Wow! That's quite powerful!

So it looks like the Unique Character Catalysts are denoted by the skullgirls icon, and also don't say [Character Defenders] before the effect description.

So it looks like the Unique Character Catalysts are denoted by the skullgirls icon, and also don't say [Character Defenders] before the effect description.
Don’t think the skullgirls icon is right for character uniques. I also have a gold one called Dark Nut and it also has the same icon. Also a very powerful catalyst.

Attachments

• 975726DA-B9BB-498A-9AC7-D4E63F7D5E19.jpeg
    975726DA-B9BB-498A-9AC7-D4E63F7D5E19.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 22
Don’t think the skullgirls icon is right for character uniques. I also have a gold one called Dark Nut and it also has the same icon. Also a very powerful catalyst.
Update notes say there are two types of rare catalysts: Unique Character and Unique Elemental. Skullgirls icon therefore seems to be the marker for the Unique types of catalysts.

Has anyone got the rare drop of Diamond Keys in Accursed Experiments yet? RNG gave me 3 bronze today.

DAYS OF FUTURE CATS
Maybe this should be it's own thread, but Robo-Fortune's daily is finally here and it is marvelous. My Terror Byte Robo-Fortune was strong enough to 100% clear Expert, but is no match for Master (yet!). The challenge was steep at first (my Jawbreaker Double is still having nightmares about all the stolen buffs) but fun once you get the hang of it. You don't have to be as careful and restricted as the dreaded Doom looming over Squigly's daily (which most fights requiring an over-leveled chaperone, a waste of XP), and get by on either strength or strategy.

I actually saved AE last week and was able to get a diamond key for my patience. Robo’s daily is... frightening but I managed to 100% clear Master difficulty after many, many attempts.

Here is a video I recorded of my run through the master difficulty of Days of Future Cats. I managed to beat both treasure nodes with an invested silver Purrminator without the MA.

Wanted to take a moment to say Thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU for the option to turn off screen flash. It was generally not too big a bother too me most days but when it is, it's really bad, and my playing experience is noticeably less bothersome to me now.

It takes a little getting used to, because there's less of an obvious signal that you've finished taking down a fighter in the enemy team, but it's something I've adapted to now.

I cannot win any Rift Battles anymore.

Opponent is always stronger and at least 3-4 levels higher than me (Level 62 here).

I cannot do anything.

Like how much of a grind should I do?
I don't want to be at my screen 24 hours per day.

I would rather give this account to someone else.

I cannot win any Rift Battles anymore.

Opponent is always stronger and at least 3-4 levels higher than me (Level 62 here).

I cannot do anything.

Like how much of a grind should I do?
I don't want to be at my screen 24 hours per day.

I would rather give this account to someone else.
Dude you seriously need to chill. You're not the ONLY person whose experiencing this problem. I used to be amongst Gold 1 but now, I have been pushed back to Rookie. That honestly sucks, but I really don't care anymore, because that isn't what Skullgirls is about. There are a lot of other things to do in the game besides rift battles, like playing through the story/origins, playing daily events, competing in prize fights, etc etc. Skullgirls is such an AMAZING and fun game to play and let me tell you, I don't give a sh** if I'm at the bottom of rift battles, I'm still going to play and enjoy this ASTONISHING game anyway.

Reactions: educavalcantee
Dude you seriously need to chill. You're not the ONLY person whose experiencing this problem. I used to be amongst Gold 1 but now, I have been pushed back to Rookie. That honestly sucks, but I really don't care anymore, because that isn't what Skullgirls is about. There are a lot of other things to do in the game besides rift battles, like playing through the story/origins, playing daily events, competing in prize fights, etc etc. Skullgirls is such an AMAZING and fun game to play and let me tell you, I don't give a sh** if I'm at the bottom of rift battles, I'm still going to play and enjoy this ASTONISHING game anyway.
Wouldn't you enjoy the game even more if you could win more diamond shards for example and have a decent and fair rank?
If this is a grindfest for some let it at least be easier to unlock diamond fighters.
No I am not happy with just the other modes.
I have been doing the same thing for 2 years now.
There should be a way to adapt to the new features they include each time.

I am not going to chill and I will keep hammering if a game has issues like these.
Our voices should be heard.
That is how changes are made.

Rank Rookie? For real? What’s up. bronze 1 here.

Reactions: educavalcantee