• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Looking for insight on opponent's strategy!

Dusty00

Reaction score
So I’ve lost to the player Megatron twice now since 3.2. Attached to this post are screenshots of his profile page, him clearing my entire defense map at high speed, and his end score.

I don’t want to call anyone in Diamond a cheater, but I just can’t figure out how he did it. Can someone please tell me what strategies he used and that he is just probably the most skilled rift player who’s sandbagging in D3? @Yujipooji pinging you as we had a chat about this the other day.

Those of you who have matched against me in the past 2-3 weeks would know that my boss node is no joke to take down. So far, no other D1 player I’ve matched was able to beat it, including Daisuke who made it to legend rank 2 weeks ago (matched him twice that week!) I’m revealing it to see if there is a simple workaround that Megatron knows and I just don’t.

Too bad there is no replay function (yet?) so we can see how he did it. I’m wondering if there’s any way one of the mods (@Cellsai?) or devs can check from the backend?

Anyway, thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions. I’m looking to potentially learn about a glaring hole in my boss node setup and improving it.

Attachments

• F060737D-3CFF-4CB4-9001-BDD138C462A2.jpeg
    F060737D-3CFF-4CB4-9001-BDD138C462A2.jpeg
    427.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 61949063-9F28-4EFB-B18C-240A68257076.jpeg
    61949063-9F28-4EFB-B18C-240A68257076.jpeg
    483.7 KB · Views: 25
  • F8685B83-B67D-45C3-B6A3-1931A2BC1B6C.jpeg
    F8685B83-B67D-45C3-B6A3-1931A2BC1B6C.jpeg
    481 KB · Views: 22
  • 18A689CF-194D-422A-ACF1-D6C8A2CFC2F4.jpeg
    18A689CF-194D-422A-ACF1-D6C8A2CFC2F4.jpeg
    311 KB · Views: 21
  • 4EFEEF22-9DA9-4B16-9CC1-8BDFA670B04B.jpeg
    4EFEEF22-9DA9-4B16-9CC1-8BDFA670B04B.jpeg
    385.9 KB · Views: 21
Reworking this thread title to not start a witch hunt.

I’m wondering if there’s any way one of the mods (@Cellsai?) or devs can check from the backend?
We wouldn't want to give away another user's strategy just because someone is suspicious =P

Reworking this thread title to not start a witch hunt.

We wouldn't want to give away another user's strategy just because someone is suspicious =P
Thank you! That is a much much better title for the post. Much appreciated :)

My guess would be summer salt with immunity taunt and/or canopy bounce.

Possibly. Depending on summer salt’s meter gain, attack stat, and megatron’s ability to intercept dashes, there might not be an opportunity for bio to throw out BB3.

Possibly. Depending on summer salt’s meter gain, attack stat, and megatron’s ability to intercept dashes, there might not be an opportunity for bio to throw out BB3.
I just find that incredibly difficult to pull off considering Bio is likely going to have a charge to resurrect. To be able to clear that node twice with ease and speed without fail.. he must have godlike playing skills.

I should point out he has a Maxed lv60 Star-Crossed Parasoul - so maybe he uses her against Bio and Summersalts against the other 2?

So why is he in D3? Maybe he doesn’t rift much anymore and doesn’t care to get up to D1? I remember fighting him much earlier in the year when he was in D2 and there was no difficulty beating him then. He doesn’t have that many Diamonds in his Defense map... is it just that his entire roster is a hard counter for my defense map?

That’s my best guess too but wouldn’t Bio spam BB3 on her due to house advantage?
Personally I think Squigly is one of the easier characters to intercept with L1 when playing as Parasoul. She has to get really close before she starts her awkward dash attack.

Beowulf / Cerebella / Painwheel / Band, etc, those ones are much harder to keep out once they have BB3 charged.

Reactions: MatDestruction
Personally I think Squigly is one of the easier characters to intercept with L1 when playing as Parasoul. She has to get really close before she starts her awkward dash attack.

Beowulf / Cerebella / Painwheel / Band, etc, those ones are much harder to keep out once they have BB3 charged.
I realized from this discussion that I seriously need to practice intercepts! Can we have an update on training mode sooner rather than later, please? :D

I realized from this discussion that I seriously need to practice intercepts! Can we have an update on training mode sooner rather than later, please? :D
It's on our radar but we have a lot of other things to focus on right now. :(

I'd recommend duels if you need to practice against the highest AI level for no energy cost!

Reactions: MatDestruction