• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: Sync PvP at Combo Breaker 2019 and Beyond!

Liam

!Robot
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

As mentioned earlier on social media we (Liam and Charley [AKA MightyZug]) will be at Combo Breaker (a fighting game tournament in Illinois, USA) once again this year running the Skullgirls booth! You can learn more about Combo Breaker here:

https://combobreaker.org/

We'll have MUCH more space than last year, so make sure you stop by and visit us in the St. Charles ballroom!

PLAYABLE SYNC PVP AT COMBO BREAKER

Yes, you read that right - we plan on having a work in progress build of Sync PvP in Skullgirls Mobile available for players to try at the booth! Still much to be done, but we're hyped to show you guys how far it's come.

Here's some very early gameplay footage of cross platform, online Sync PvP in action:

Skullgirls Mobile PvP currently uses GGPO netcode, which is the top of the line networking solution for fast paced fighting games. However, getting Sync PvP working on mobile devices comes with its own set of challenges. In order for us to release this into the wild, we need to make sure that two players can reliably fight against each other smoothly over the air (3G, 4G, LTE, WiFi, etc).

Cellular networks, varying device hardware and software, different operating systems, etc, are merely some of the obstacles we've been working to overcome. We're doing our best to clear each hurdle as it comes, but we can't yet say for certain when everything will be ready for prime time. That said, we have high hopes so far, and we appreciate your patience while we explore this oft requested feature!

At the moment, we're tentatively planning on holding a short PvP beta test in a future version of Skullgirls Mobile. We'll have more information about this beta test at a future date.

OTHER COMBO BREAKER PLANS

In addition to letting players try Sync PvP at the Skullgirls booth, players will also be able to participate in activities, win prizes, and earn swag all weekend!

PLAYABLE SKULLGIRLS SWITCH

For those of you looking forward to Skullgirls on the Nintendo Switch who didn't get a chance to play it at PAX East this year, you're in luck! We'll have multiple setups for players to try Skullgirls Switch at our booth.

RAZER PRIZES & PVP TOURNAMENTS

We'll be giving away a Razer Panthera Fight Stick, and other Razer peripherals (Headset, Mouse) to the winners of periodic "Sync PvP tournaments" that we plan on holding at the booth.

Winners of each Sync PvP tournament will also get a free copy of Skullgirls Switch when it releases, courtesy of Skybound!

However, the viability of this depends on the stability of the internet connection at the venue. Fingers crossed!

EXCLUSIVE SKULLGIRLS SWAG

We've also prepared some exclusive collector cards of all available fighters in Skullgirls Mobile. You'll be able to pick your favorite card after trying Sync PvP! We'll have collector card sleeves available to take these home in so that they don't get damaged or scratched. #RARE

FnFESem.jpg

You'll also be able to win a BRAND NEW high res Skullgirls print courtesy of Hidden Variable on fancy card stock (none of that flimsy poster nonsense)! These can be earned by placing well in our PvP tournaments - participate in as many as you can to maximize your odds!

Here's an image of everything together!

T2hUJO6.jpg

2ND ENCORE POT BONUS

If you're a competitor entering Skullgirls 2nd Encore on PS4, Skybound Games has generously added a $4,000 pot bonus to the prize pool! Best of luck to everyone competing this year!

SQUIGLY - NECROBREAKER

Last but not least, you'll be able to get the exclusive Squigly Necrobreaker fighter in Skullgirls Mobile if you stop by our booth and participate in Skullgirls Mobile activities. Share your account information with us, and we'll send her to your in-game mail once the event is over!

ZLPdy84.png

The full press release from Skybound released earlier today can be viewed HERE!

HW0vRE6.jpg

We're SUPER excited to see everyone at the booth this year and show you guys what we've been working on. If you have any other questions about the event, let me know!

We'll be sharing our plans for our next live event (AnimeExpo in Los Angeles on 7/4/19) sometime in June.

See you soon!

Last edited:
To bad for me I'm stuck here for work, so I won't get the chance to go to this awesome event :(. Even if I took a week off, I'm here in the Western region of Africa, so trying to get a ticket won't be cheap. Seriously how frustrating :mad:.

Anyway, I wish you all the best of luck and have tons of fun ;).

Dang, I hate to miss out. I would pay to have one of those cards. It'd be cool if we could have a in-game PF where first place gets necro.

So if the console/PC Skullgirls is getting ported to Switch, that means the team is still alive. I wonder if anything big is in the books for Skullgirls as a whole. The only real trace up to now has been mobile, and the team is different.

Anyway, enjoy the event if your going. Post about it if you can!

Damn, it looks so cool. Unlucky I live in spain and between the gaming events are not way to big (taking out the big cities) and that many game companys are from America, we don't get too much over here

How i hate being broke!
I'm gonna save up to go to the next event then, hope you're still have cards left by then!

Hey everyone,

As mentioned earlier on social media we (Liam and Charley [AKA MightyZug]) will be at Combo Breaker (a fighting game tournament in Illinois, USA) once again this year running the Skullgirls booth! You can learn more about Combo Breaker here:

https://combobreaker.org/

We'll have MUCH more space than last year, so make sure you stop by and visit us in the St. Charles ballroom!

PLAYABLE SYNC PVP AT COMBO BREAKER

Yes, you read that right - we plan on having a work in progress build of Sync PvP in Skullgirls Mobile available for players to try at the booth! Still much to be done, but we're hyped to show you guys how far it's come.

Here's some very early gameplay footage of cross platform, online Sync PvP in action:

Skullgirls Mobile PvP currently uses GGPO netcode, which is the top of the line networking solution for fast paced fighting games. However, getting Sync PvP working on mobile devices comes with its own set of challenges. In order for us to release this into the wild, we need to make sure that two players can reliably fight against each other smoothly over the air (3G, 4G, LTE, WiFi, etc).

Cellular networks, varying device hardware and software, different operating systems, etc, are merely some of the obstacles we've been working to overcome. We're doing our best to clear each hurdle as it comes, but we can't yet say for certain when everything will be ready for prime time. That said, we have high hopes so far, and we appreciate your patience while we explore this oft requested feature!

At the moment, we're tentatively planning on holding a short PvP beta test in a future version of Skullgirls Mobile. We'll have more information about this beta test at a future date.

OTHER COMBO BREAKER PLANS

In addition to letting players try Sync PvP at the Skullgirls booth, players will also be able to participate in activities, win prizes, and earn swag all weekend!

PLAYABLE SKULLGIRLS SWITCH

For those of you looking forward to Skullgirls on the Nintendo Switch who didn't get a chance to play it at PAX East this year, you're in luck! We'll have multiple setups for players to try Skullgirls Switch at our booth.

RAZER PRIZES & PVP TOURNAMENTS

We'll be giving away a Razer Panthera Fight Stick, and other Razer peripherals (Headset, Mouse) to the winners of periodic "Sync PvP tournaments" that we plan on holding at the booth.

Winners of each Sync PvP tournament will also get a free copy of Skullgirls Switch when it releases, courtesy of Skybound!

However, the viability of this depends on the stability of the internet connection at the venue. Fingers crossed!

EXCLUSIVE SKULLGIRLS SWAG

We've also prepared some exclusive collector cards of all available fighters in Skullgirls Mobile. You'll be able to pick your favorite card after trying Sync PvP! We'll have collector card sleeves available to take these home in so that they don't get damaged or scratched. #RARE

FnFESem.jpg

You'll also be able to win a BRAND NEW high res Skullgirls print courtesy of Hidden Variable on fancy card stock (none of that flimsy poster nonsense)! These can be earned by placing well in our PvP tournaments - participate in as many as you can to maximize your odds!

Here's an image of everything together!

T2hUJO6.jpg

2ND ENCORE POT BONUS

If you're a competitor entering Skullgirls 2nd Encore on PS4, Skybound Games has generously added a $4,000 pot bonus to the prize pool! Best of luck to everyone competing this year!

SQUIGLY - NECROBREAKER

Last but not least, you'll be able to get the exclusive Squigly Necrobreaker fighter in Skullgirls Mobile if you stop by our booth and participate in Skullgirls Mobile activities. Share your account information with us, and we'll send her to your in-game mail once the event is over!

ZLPdy84.png

The full press release from Skybound released earlier today can be viewed HERE!

HW0vRE6.jpg

We're SUPER excited to see everyone at the booth this year and show you guys what we've been working on. If you have any other questions about the event, let me know!

We'll be sharing our plans for our next live event (AnimeExpo in Los Angeles on 7/4/19) sometime in June.

See you soon!
So who is married with the ring, and who’s the one with hairy fingers? Either one of them you @Liam :p

oof this is going to be fun and challenging im going to be the true beowulf player awoooooooooooooooo lol and dont forget my partner in crime ani (peacock) soo who is going to face me in the ring lol cant wait for pvp to come to mobile

@bestsuperblox65 @Kassem Shour
Nothing! I just had to place well in the PVP tourney. I have extras of my other favorite water variants too like Idol Threat and Regal. PVP was great, some desyncs here and there but it's amazing for a supposed "early build." Eliza makes PVP ez clap, no bias here.

For those lucky enough to attend, did you happen to get a good look at a tablet on the table? Specifically, the upcoming second wave of natural diamonds as seen here: https://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/new-natural-diamond-speculation.5964/

Star-Spangled Cerebella and #$@& ¢%♫® Filia (can't read it)

As for Sync PvP, is that something that can only be done with devices in close proximity? I imagine a local pairing would be more stable than say, someone in the Nevada desert fighting someone on a bullet train in Tokyo.