• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bronze and Silver character restrictions in Story Mode?Dear Devs,it seems you are not getting it.

KeenFox

Reaction score
Why do you enforce bronze or silver roles in master difficulty in story mode? Most of us have evolved our fighters to gold,even the bronze ones so what is the actual logic in enforcing us to play bronze or silver again?

Isn't this game about leveling up and upgrading your fighters afterall? It is a waste of time and resources that makes no sense.

This is not a challenge but tedious work.

So now we are gonna have to have maxed out bronze or silver characters just in case of silly challenges like these and if we evolve that character then we are literally screwed!

Why is it master difficulty not like Accursed Experiments or something simillar at least?

These restrictions have existed on Story Mode in the past but isn't it time for you to understand and change that?

I was excited to play Story Mode today but this was a huge letdown and a fact that you don't understand what actual fun is.

Because this ain't fun at all.

Reactions: xcapibara
Why do you enforce bronze or silver roles in master difficulty in story mode? Most of us have evolved our fighters to gold,even the bronze ones so what is the actual logic in enforcing us to play bronze or silver again?

Isn't this game about leveling up and upgrading your fighters afterall? It is a waste of time and resources that makes no sense.

This is not a challenge but tedious work.

So now we are gonna have to have maxed out bronze or silver characters just in case of silly challenges like these and if we evolve that character then we are literally screwed!

Why is it master difficulty not like Accursed Experiments or something simillar at least?

These restrictions have existed on Story Mode in the past but isn't it time for you to understand and change that?

I was excited to play Story Mode today but this was a huge letdown and a fact that you don't understand what actual fun is.

Because this ain't fun at all.
This actually provides more of a challenge in the fight itself. I don't remember what the example was in the previous notes, but I saw the modifier and thought, "Whatever, I'll just use Bio". But then, I realized it was Bronze only. I couldn't just magic away a modifier with an incredible SA. It pushed me out of my comfort zone. It's a refreshing take on what "Extreme mode" should be IMO. Not to mention, having bronze fighters is good to breeze through Bronze PFs for Theonite!

Like they said, it will hopefully take you more than an afternoon to complete the mode. It's no fun if you can just use your fav fighter and breeze through, getting the prizes. The master mode is really challenging and thus fun. Even with max bronze/silver you'll need a lot of skill to get through.

Reactions: Diony
This actually provides more of a challenge in the fight itself. I don't remember what the example was in the previous notes, but I saw the modifier and thought, "Whatever, I'll just use Bio". But then, I realized it was Bronze only. I couldn't just magic away a modifier with an incredible SA. It pushed me out of my comfort zone. It's a refreshing take on what "Extreme mode" should be IMO. Not to mention, having bronze fighters is good to breeze through Bronze PFs for Theonite!

“Challenge”, “magic away”, “incredible”, “comfort zone”, “refreshing”, “extreme mode”, “breeze through”, “!”...

All those buzzwords in a single paragraph, are you perchance a salesman, video game reviewer or the like?

No, having to re-invest and care about bronzes again is ridiculous for a mode made for late-game players no matter how you spin it. Besides, who has the time, or the will, to be grinding bronze pf for theonite with so much other stuff going on at the same time in the game?

Reactions: skullgirlssuck
late-game players
You aren’t late game enough if you use this word with that response. BUT I agree with op to a point thou. Its fight modifiers are “out of their darn minds” and the fighter restriction is ... i can’t even ... did you get to that node where it require a fire robo fortune yet? Yeah man, not only requiring robo but a specific element robo.

Back to my point I have 10 maxed bronze and 13 maxed silver just sitting there, for pf. That’s not counting dup natural bronze and silver I took to gold just for kicks. So aside from that OUTRAGEOUS fire robo requirement(I hate that one) the master story is not that hard for late game players.

Reactions: fanghoul
Based on talking to one other person on this forum, there do apparently exist people who completely decimated their bronze and silver fighters to advance. It does seem like a suboptimal strategy. Theonite and everything else you get from bronze and silver prize fights is good, and you can pretty easily get through a good chunk of them even with the extremely limited auto battle.

I think I usually let the auto battle handle the first 8 fights while I do something else, then do the next 8 fights later, and that's about all I need to reach progression and shiny new bronze and silver fighters, and all the silver and gold shards to go with them.

Late-game f2p? I suppose there are those that can keep that up at that point. Its like those calculations some people made about how much theo and coins you can get just from playing in a month; it doesn’t say you need to spend five hours or more a day for that.

You aren’t late game enough if you use this word with that response.

What do you mean?

the master story is not that hard for late game players.

Who said anything about hard? Not the OP (“tedious work”) and not me (“ridiculous”).

I don’t mind using only bronze/silvers. I don’t mind using specific characters. But this... is annoying. I haven’t invested specifically on silver double or squigly (only silver painwheels and cerebellas for silver pf). What’s the point?
The cheapest way to clear it would be to evolve and grind a bronze dub/squig, just to never use it again.
I really do like the challenges that this game offers for end-gamers, but this one is just annoying for me...
8A1A6411-BD24-4446-8E93-67B8D6EA77B3.png

I'm a late game free to player. I've tossed $20 at them a couple times to support the devs continued work. It's not 5 hours a day to get there, though I'm pretty sure I play too much anyway.

In my opinion, the thing you really need in this game to get to the top is XP, which comes from playing. It doesn't matter if you have the right characters and their trees are all unlocked if they aren't leveled up. I mean, you can also throw money at getting XP, but the returns there seem like they'd be abysmal. It's 100,000xp if you sacrifice a unleveled gold? I can sometimes get 33,000xp each for 3 characters in a single prize fight battle.

I mean, I can't say I don't believe that there are people out there paying hundreds of dollars to move their various progress bars less far than I do in an hour of play, but I guess I'd be surprised to learn there's only people doing that in the diamond tier.