• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Collection Dublicats

Which one do you think is the best solution?

• Total voters

Kogop

Reaction score
I've been playing this game for awile, and few days ago I opened my first diamond relic... And got a dublicat. That was not so pleasant. I thought maybe there is some usefull way to spend it? Not just suck all points out of it and just left it forever in my limited slots. I thought of some ways you maybe will be interested:
1) there is no more doubles(for diamonds only of course) this is the best option(i think).
2) let players use diamonds as sacrifice(to level up other characters)
3) give a option to delete the character, that player do not needed.
I think this will make game better. Can I hear your opinion about that?
With best wishes,
Kogop.

The most useful use for a Diamond would be to max it out. Be it duplicates or not, Diamonds are extremely valuable. Aside from getting additional skill points, a good Diamond can always prove to be an excellent ally.
About your options:
1. That may sound nice, and I'm cool with having it implemented. But sometimes having a duplicate isn't half bad. It's incredibly useful in many situations. Besides, if you have already obtained all diamonds in the game, then what would be a good compensation?
2. I mean, this is not bad nor good. The idea of sacrificing hasn't always been popular among Skullgirls veterans. But sometimes, you just have too many fighters of the same variant, so sacrificing one or two probably won't hurt. But when it comes to Diamond... I'll give it a hard pass.
3. This is just straight up useless, no offense. Outright deleting a character is just... why would you do that? It doesn't even give you XP or anything at all.
On a side note, you can use Theonites to expand your collection.

Last edited:
1. That may sounds nice, and I'm cool with having it implemented. But sometimes having a duplicate isn't half bad. It's incredibly useful in many situations. Besides, if you have already obtained all diamonds in the game, then what would be a good compensation?
I'm actually not a fan of duplicates. It may provide increased utility, but I actually prefer the variety that self-imposed restriction on duplicates imposes. I'm not a fan of metas and using only the highest tier of fighters. Besides, even if duplicates can be useful, in a game like this, new unique additions to one's collection are among the most satisfying aspects of the game. And, given how long it takes to gain a Diamond Relic (esp for people who aren't consistently getting Diamond shards from Rifts), I can see how a duplicate is disappointing, not matter how useful the duplicate is. Not to mention, a duplicate diamond will likely be harder to upgrade since you'll likely be deficient in skill points for that character since you already have been investing in the first one you got.

I'd love to be able to break them down into essences

Reactions: moomouse
can we please get a way to get rid of diamond duplicates.

i have. 21. twenty-one. EXTRA DIAMOND CHARACTERS. and i STILL don’t have all the variants yet. like i guess my luck is bad?? or something but still. i am not mad BECAUSE I GOT A DUPLICATE.

i’m upset because i can’t do anything about it! gold duplicates—save for diamond feed.
silver same
bronze same
WAYY too many duplicates that you don’t even need? use them to level up other characters!

but diamonds have nothing???
i’m not asking for like an exchange or anything. i just have 21 spots taken up by characters i never plan on leveling up further than what are (easy skill points). so, what do i do now? do i just keep 21 spots filled with
non-reusable characters that are just collecting dust?

make them sellable for 500 shards, y’know what no, like even 250 shards at this point i don’t care. the space they take up is the biggest issue.

Reactions: Luke
I'd suggest a solution like, if you have a duplicate of a diamond, you can reroll it once. That alongside your idea of selling them for 500 shards would be satisfactorily for me. (Although there would be people putting them at high level for skillpoints then scrapping it, if thats not desired by the devs i think making only diamonds below level 11 being able to reroll/scrap for 500)

I agree with the ideas of that you should be able to turn fighters into shards of the same tier. Experience doesn't really help much (or maybe I just play too much). I'm thinking maybe 200 or 250 shards.

I personally don't like any of the ideas in the original post. #1 is bad since duplicates can be useful, #2 is at least consistent with other tiers but the rewards are very lacking. #3 is just a worst version of #2.

Hey guys, we're currently discussing duplicate Diamond mechanics internally. We hear you loud and clear, and we'll report back once we have more information about what we'll be doing.

I didn't vote, as I don't like any of those options. Great to hear Hidden Variables staff are discussing a fix.

Pulling a diamond is among the rarest events that can happen to any player. It should be satisfying no matter the outcome. In my view, 500 elemental shards is far from enough.

However, no dupe would make it too easy to complete your collection. It's frustrating when a variant eludes you, but it means you have something to look forward to, and when you get there it feels awesome.

As the game grows, 5 stars characters (a tier past diamond) might become a thing. Please ensure the players won't regret the way they handled their dupes if it ever happens.

I can think of a lot of possible directions to fix this issue, some of them won't be helpful to players who already have dupes. Please keep them in mind.