• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Normal Big Band using Blockbusters when you try to grab him

Ryouhi

Reaction score
Not sure if it's intentional, but since the 2.7 update Big Band will often use a blockbuster the second you try to do a grab attack on him. This basically makes it suicide to try and use a grab attack against him in high streaks.

Not sure if it's intentional, but since the 2.7 update Big Band will often use a blockbuster the second you try to do a grab attack on him. This basically makes it suicide to try and use a grab attack against him in high streaks.
Are you grabbing Big Band as he stands up from being knocked down, or is this just during neutral as Big Band is blocking?

Are you grabbing Big Band as he stands up from being knocked down, or is this just during neutral as Big Band is blocking?
The latter. I'll be blocking his attacks looking for an opening for a while and sometimes he'll just stop and block himself for a while as well. Then i may try to do a grab attack to gain a little bit of ground again, but the second my character goes from the blocking animation to the grab animation, Big Band uses for example his Beat Extend.

I also noticed it happen a lot when i played Parasoul and tried using her grab attack, that AI will instantly stop blocking attack me with an L5 and not getting grabbed.

To get back on this, i've started notice this happening with more fighters now, but Big Band keeps being the biggest offender.
Many Blockbusters that can quickly hit you will be abused by the AI in this way.

It'd quite frustrating to lose a fighter because the enemy AI doesn't want to give you any openings, so you try to at least get some ground by using a grab attack, but instead get instantly countered with an enemy BB.

Second that, for me against Big Band usually he does Timpani Drive (btw, if he misses that move he sould be without guard when falling down but a lot of times he's already guarded or able to spam another bb).
The worst thing anyway is when the opponent have Valentine in the team, if she have Forbidden procedure sometimes she just tag in (while you're performing a combo or trying to grab) doing automatically the blockbuster and also dealing more damage that she sould do.
With the last update seems like the opponent moves have a priority over mine or the priority just changes at every battle.

Reactions: B_W
I thought that was just the bots programmed to wait for you to do a grab attack for them to use their bb. It happens a lot to me in higher levels of enemies where they'll react with impossible timings. The enemies would activate their bb when my character is in the middle of their animation, supposedly hitting them or grabbing them.

Reactions: Renn