• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Double Trouble - Beginner Tricks and Tips for Double

Gamma Ray

Reaction score
I hope everyone has been enjoying the game as of late.

One of the things I have failed to do in quite some time is provide readable content for players to utilize. In this case, I wish to help players by focusing on some beginning notes for my favorite character in the game, Double.

Here we will focus on some basic move loadouts you can start with, some basic match notes, and a simplified tier list so you know which Double to focus on.

To start, we will focus on what makes Double on of the most powerful offensive characters at the moment, her marquee ability Chaos.

Chaos provides a random debuff for 10-20 seconds every time you land a critical hit while at Elemental Advantage. When provided with enough crit rate, Double can become a powerful damage-over-time fighter that allows her to fight well-above her fight score when played properly. If you have any desire to use Double on offense, this is the preferred marquee ability to go.

With that cleared up, we now go to the basic move loadout. Cilia Slide and Bogus Buzzard should be your highest priority moves to start. Both string very well together and are the basis for many of Double's best combos. Bogus also provides on-hit heal block which is helpful in situations where you are not landing heal block with other abilities or moves.

After those two moves, you have a solid variety of options. But to keep things at a basic level, Hornet Bomber is a great special move followup to the prior mentioned moves, and Bandwagon Rushdown can complete the combo depending on which character you are up against.

Her two blockbuster threes are both very powerful. Megalith is great if you feel as though you need the additional meter control, while Nightmare Legion hits harder and also provides 3 buffs if you eliminate an opponent with it.

Hornet provides an increased crit chance when level'ed, which lowers the need to have a high crit rate on Double (ideally you want to be in the 35-50% range). Bandwagon provides a very good chance of hex proc'ing (50% at level 9) which is one of the most powerful debuffs in the game when it comes to dealing with defensive variants.

Moving to some basic match notes, your focus as Double should always be getting to elemental advantage as quickly as possible without providing the opponent too much meter. The best way to do that is to create space with your combos and dash way for at least one free transmutation. Double can also utilize her throw, and while it is the best throw in the game, you need to be mindful of overusing it and allowing the AI to counter it. A throw will provide 2-4 transmutations depending on how badly the AI wishes to charge back at you.

Once you are at elemental advantage, you should be focusing on landing combos as often as possible. With the move loadout I provided, the simple combo to follow is L5 > Slide > Bogus (Note: Bogus will not properly hit Parasoul with this combo) > Bomber. Depending on the character, you can end with Bandwagon or create space to force another dash out of the opponent.

Because Double is very fragile, you need to be confident in your ability to mitigate opportunities for the opponents. Whether that be good throw breaking, or knowing when to intercept to avoid getting hit by a BB3.

As for a basic tier list here is an offensive-only tier list (Assuming the Double has Chaos MA)

Rifts:

SS: Doublicious, Xenomorph
S: Jawbreaker, Temple Tyrant
A: Rainbow Blight
B: Nunsense, Immoral Fiber
C: Sundae School, Myst-Match

Prize Fights (200%+ modifiers and beyond):

SS: Xenomorph. Rainbow Blight, Jawbreaker
S: Doublicious
A: Temple Tyrant
B: Nunsense, Immoral Fiber, Sundae School, Myst-Match

I will be looking to add more information on Double in the near future, but for now this is a decent place to start for many players in my opinion. Feel free to ask in the thread if you have any questions.

Pretty sure Bogus will not hit Filias after slide, but will hit Parasouls.

Thanks for the guide and streams on twitch.

Reactions: Gamma Ray
Ah I see that you are one of culture as well. Double as a fav :D

Once you are at elemental advantage, you should be focusing on landing combos as often as possible. With the move loadout I provided, the simple combo to follow is L5 > Slide > Bogus (Note: Bogus will not properly hit Parasoul with this combo) > Bomber. Depending on the character, you can end with Bandwagon or create space to force another dash out of the opponent.
About that. Filia's the one that doesn't get hit properly by Bogus. Pretty sure the same applied to Painwheel too. Parasoul does get hit by it

A few questions if you don't mind.

1. Would you recommend chaos for all doubles?
2. What is your views on bb1s?
3. I see temple tryant is tanked pretty high. Would you consider taking to diamond or not that great?
4. Is it just me or are double's moves/bb are very opponent dependent? Feels like of all characters, double has to pay the most attention to the opponent.

Hey Gamma, great tips you made!

I have a question for you: once i gain the right element i find myself having trouble to not turtle and lose my element. Do you have any advice on this? Any BB or SM that can help to intercept the dash of the enemy so i wont depend on blocking?

Thanks!

Reactions: Gamma Ray
Regarding the combo I listed: Keep in mind that the combo will whiff on Filia and Painwheel if you follow up the L5 with J3 into Dash

However, on Parasoul, the combo will hit, so the intermediate combo is actually the most consistent option for Umbrella lady.

@Taniyah
1) Yes, it is too good a marquee ability for later streaks and is her best form of control fighting.
2) Neither BB1 is bad, but with so many BB denial scenarios around, I feel it's better to aim for the 3 special move combo when possible.
3) I would only diamond Temple Tyrant if you diamonded the Double's listed above her. While she is good, she is very chaos reliant in comparison to the other top Doubles. Her healing is a great answer to reflect damage if you can cycle through elements properly but otherwise I wouldn't put her as a high priority diamond.
4) See the discussion that occurred. Yes Double has a lot of varying interactions with the cast which is not easily displayed by weight of character. It's also why Double has the most versatile moveset in the game since the majority of the moves you acquire for her are more than likely useful in one fashion or another provided you have Cilia Slide.

@Shambles88
When trying to keep the same element, the best way to do so is to dash back and force them to dash to you and then block before they make contact. I personally do not recommend intercepting with Double unless you have no other choice, due to her lower HP pool.

It takes a bit of getting used to, but the key is being willing to time your blocks rather than holding it as soon as your combo is done.

Hack N Splash and Star-Crossed are good variants to get used to such a mechanic if you need the practice as well.

I did not get Chaos MA for Xeno and Immoral Fiber. With Xeno your game plan is Doom and you are not looking to hit your opponent. The random buff can really help with turtling.

As for Immoral Fiber, she is mainly used to stall time as a defensive variant and again the random buff helps more than Chaos. At least for me anyways.