• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

AI Power Creep

MrNoggin

Reaction score
Anyone else notice that when there’s a larger gap between your team strength and the AI’s the AI becomes ridiculously hyperaggressive?

Like, say my team is weaker by half(ish). But that’s because I’ve got a strong lead I know can take on the whole opponent’s team and win, so I’ve got nobodies in the other two slots for XP share (quick-level ho-ho!). The AI decides to play pound town with me. (As expected, say it has 30k strength, I expect an aggressive AI)

But then when I try to do the same fight again with a more balanced team, say I’ve got two fighters who are more on-par with the enemy team, suddenly the AI is more docile and defensive and overall far easier to beat.

This happens to me so often; just happened in Accursed Experiments when I tried to punish Double for a dash attack, my Fillia missed her punish (for some reason despite being on top of double; tried both dash and normal strike, both missed) and the counterattack was the most hyperaggressive thing that it Full->0’d Fillia. My follow-up valentine didn’t even have time to think before she was combo-locked then also killed.

Is this something other people have noticed?

Reactions: Diony
Anyone else notice that when there’s a larger gap between your team strength and the AI’s the AI becomes ridiculously hyperaggressive?

Like, say my team is weaker by half(ish). But that’s because I’ve got a strong lead I know can take on the whole opponent’s team and win, so I’ve got nobodies in the other two slots for XP share (quick-level ho-ho!). The AI decides to play pound town with me. (As expected, say it has 30k strength, I expect an aggressive AI)

But then when I try to do the same fight again with a more balanced team, say I’ve got two fighters who are more on-par with the enemy team, suddenly the AI is more docile and defensive and overall far easier to beat.

This happens to me so often; just happened in Accursed Experiments when I tried to punish Double for a dash attack, my Fillia missed her punish (for some reason despite being on top of double; tried both dash and normal strike, both missed) and the counterattack was the most hyperaggressive thing that it Full->0’d Fillia. My follow-up valentine didn’t even have time to think before she was combo-locked then also killed.

Is this something other people have noticed?
AI operates on multiple difficulty "levels".
For example in the basic story mode they'd be the easiest setting. In Accursed Experiments, they're the most difficult setting.
In PFs it scales with your streak.
It feels like it scales with FS but that's just because harder content generally has stronger fighters AND higher difficulty.

TL;DR: AI difficulty doesn't consider your strength difference.

Oh I’m aware, but the point remains that I’ve found the AI more aggressive in fights where the team strength balance was heavily in the AI’s favor regardless of mode or difficulty.