• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Can i D1 instead of grab?

Jhosvi

Reaction score
I worded it that way so it would be easier to understand the general idea.

Explained on my comment below

Last edited:
I made a video to demonstrate what i mean.
As shown in the video if there is 2 inputs and atleast one slides, (doesn't matter the orientation or which one slides) the game will recognize it as a throw. With that, I had numerous times where instead if using a D1(Dash attack) i threw the enemy, which affects the match negatively. As for fixing that; as the right finger swipes towards the right and theres no input from the left finger it should be recognized as a D1

I signed up on the forums just so I could report this as a bug or add it as a suggestion, then I saw this topic.

This is a big problem, and has caused me to fail so many matches for me lately. I don't know if they changed it in an update or if I somehow changed my playstyle, but I keep finding myself doing a grab when I am trying to dash after a block.

Last prize fight match went down like this:
I killed RE big band and DL filia.
SG valentine had 5% health left with 10 seconds left on the clock, and I was waiting for her to finish a combo so I could stop blocking and attack. She does an uppercut with 3-4 seconds left (so it's safe for me to counter attack), and I try to dash to start a combo but my character grabs instead.
Valentine survives with 1% HP and immediately uses forbidden procedure on big band when she gets up and resurrects him, then I finish her with a dash and lose because now big band is alive and time ran out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pandamoose
I am having this exact same issue. (I also created an account just to post this problem) Not only does it happen when I dash attack after blocking but also when I dash back after blocking. It's at least 50% of the time that I grab instead of dash attack or dash back. (I have it happen 6 times in a row) It's insanely frustrating. I as well have lost countless times because of this.

This has happened numerous times to me as well and thought that i was doing it by mistake. This is a major bug.

Last edited:
@buggy. , @Mornedil . @Pandamoose , @Jhosvi

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I'll pass this along to the rest of the team so we can talk about it. I think that with VERSUS MODE especially, some of our input decisions from years back could use some fresh eyes.

However, any input change comes with a lot of risk, and there are always going to be players who preferred how inputs worked the old way when they are modified. Someone out there is doing all of their throw inputs by holding one finger, and swiping with the other!

Reactions: buggy. and Mornedil
Someone out there is doing all of their throw inputs by holding one finger, and swiping with the other!
I'm actually guilty of this! However, when I throw, I always swipe down.
I don't think it's necessary to be able to throw by swiping in any direction, but I understand different people will have different preferences.

One suggestion would be to have a setting for what happens when swiping in each direction during a block, and whether that particular swipe direction should perform a grab or act as if your other finger isn't being held down. (i know every UI change takes a lot of work tho, but when people have different preferences the best solution seems to be a customizable setting)