• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Interrupted Death Crawl

cappatacus

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but it's been an issue for a long time now that I haven't got around to addressing. Whenever the AI goes to trip (which I take as an opening) and I then launch into Death Crawl, 9 times out of 10 the trip will land and interrupt the BB. I haven't noticed this with Eliza or Parasoul (that I can remember), and the worst offenders have been Cerebella, Big Band and Beowulf. I feel like this shouldn't be able to happen (it's happened since before the update where something like a Head Butt can interrupt a BB). Thoughts? Can this be fixed or is it not really an issue?

I think it’s the hit boxes during Death Crawl. So far I’ve interpreted this interaction as a weakness of the move that I need to play around.

Attachments

• 80A99324-294E-4EA6-9D88-FD0EA30D0715.png
    80A99324-294E-4EA6-9D88-FD0EA30D0715.png
    69.8 KB · Views: 13
I think it’s the hit boxes during Death Crawl. So far I’ve interpreted this interaction as a weakness of the move that I need to play around.
That's fair to say. I figured, though, that the BB - not the normal move - would overrule and get the hit. I'm just a little confused about the logic of that, whether it's an issue or not.

That's fair to say. I figured, though, that the BB - not the normal move - would overrule and get the hit. I'm just a little confused about the logic of that, whether it's an issue or not.
Collision between characters is done through "hitboxes", like standard fighting games, so it's not just as simple as "touching another character while in a Blockbuster always hits."

For example. Here's Parasoul's L2 versus Death Crawl:
Whack.PNG

Where the red overlaps the green is a hit. As you can see, Death Crawl has a pretty poor hit region, which is a weakness of the move that should be played around, as Blimey mentioned.

Hope that helps!

Collision between characters is done through "hitboxes", like standard fighting games, so it's not just as simple as "touching another character while in a Blockbuster always hits."

For example. Here's Parasoul's L2 versus Death Crawl:
View attachment 5738

Where the red overlaps the green is a hit. As you can see, Death Crawl has a pretty poor hit region, which is a weakness of the move that should be played around, as Blimey mentioned.

Hope that helps!
That makes sense. Thanks for putting it in terms of Parasoul so I understand :p

Just out of curiosity, what does that blue box on Parasoul represent?
That's her "pushbox" or "collision box". When the blue boxes of two characters overlap, they will push each other away from one another until they are separated.

Since Painwheel has NO pushbox during Death Crawl, this lets her move through the opponent, which you can see while she's performing the attack.

That's her "pushbox" or "collision box". When the blue boxes of two characters overlap, they will push each other away from one another until they are separated.

Since Painwheel has NO pushbox during Death Crawl, this lets her move through the opponent, which you can see while she's performing the attack.

Oh wow, ok, nice