• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Discussion for how HVS chose to handle dupe natural diamonds

Except, when one buys a move, they know what they are getting, that's what gives it such high price compared to how much you'd get for selling it; comparing to how much it costs to get a random move, it's relatively free. Then, the analogy doesn't really work.

lmao i knew someone would argue in this direction. Getting things relatively free is what it is, which is relative. I get my natural diamonds from dia relics once a month via shards from prize fights and rifts. From where I am, they are also relatively free. And 5k to 80k is like a 1/16 ratio. A full essence, 500 skill points, and the diamond shard equivalent of a full natural gold is definitely worth a bigger portion of a nat dia. My point is, people can’t expect more than just a fraction of a nat dia’s value. If anyone feels like they’re getting less out of it than they should, that’s actually how it should be.

A more realistic way to complain about this is the allocation of the resources given. Again, I for one would have liked it more if we just got purely diamond shards out of them.

I'll clarify regarding my opinion. The overall amount of stuff you get for converting a diamond is fine. I think the biggest value is actually the essence given the amount of time it takes to obtain 1000 elemental shards.
What I don't like is that converting a natural diamond doesn't get you meaningfully closer to obtaining the natural diamond that you're still missing. I'm thinking about this in the context of opening diamond relics:
Shards were introduced as a sort of consolation prize or pity timer. Even if you have bad luck and low roll the relic openings, you'll still advance (slowly) toward a guaranteed fighter of a higher rarity. I think that diamond relics are the primary way for players to build a collection of natural diamonds. I think there are currently 17 natural diamonds. The statistically expected number of diamond relics needed a player to obtain all of them is about 59. 40 diamond shards seems like a much too low of rate to contribute meaningfully to obtaining a new diamond.
I guess potentially a player could sacrifice an evolved diamond to convert 2 essences and 6 gold cards into 40 diamond shards? That seems like a terrible rate as well.

If a player opens the expected 59 diamond relics, that's a total of 59000 diamond shards. Converting all duplicates opened this way means converting 42 diamonds obtaining 1680 shards. This decreases the number of shards you need to obtain by about 2.8%.

In real life terms: If a player gets top 10% in all gold prize fights and elemental prize fights, that's 200 diamond shards every 2 weeks. Legend rift rewards give 300 diamond shards and 850 gold shards per week. So a very advanced rate of obtaining a diamond relic is 1 every 2 weeks, probably more realistic for top players is about 1 per month, and maybe 1 per two months for 10% of players. At the fast rate, it's about 2 years and 3 months to get 59 diamond relics. I think this could be cut in half to a year and still be reasonable in terms of longevity for the game.

Or I guess I can buy Legendary relics 2 for $100 every 2 weeks.

I'll clarify regarding my opinion. The overall amount of stuff you get for converting a diamond is fine. I think the biggest value is actually the essence given the amount of time it takes to obtain 1000 elemental shards.
What I don't like is that converting a natural diamond doesn't get you meaningfully closer to obtaining the natural diamond that you're still missing. I'm thinking about this in the context of opening diamond relics:
Shards were introduced as a sort of consolation prize or pity timer. Even if you have bad luck and low roll the relic openings, you'll still advance (slowly) toward a guaranteed fighter of a higher rarity. I think that diamond relics are the primary way for players to build a collection of natural diamonds. I think there are currently 17 natural diamonds. The statistically expected number of diamond relics needed a player to obtain all of them is about 59. 40 diamond shards seems like a much too low of rate to contribute meaningfully to obtaining a new diamond.
I guess potentially a player could sacrifice an evolved diamond to convert 2 essences and 6 gold cards into 40 diamond shards? That seems like a terrible rate as well.

If a player opens the expected 59 diamond relics, that's a total of 59000 diamond shards. Converting all duplicates opened this way means converting 42 diamonds obtaining 1680 shards. This decreases the number of shards you need to obtain by about 2.8%.

In real life terms: If a player gets top 10% in all gold prize fights and elemental prize fights, that's 200 diamond shards every 2 weeks. Legend rift rewards give 300 diamond shards and 850 gold shards per week. So a very advanced rate of obtaining a diamond relic is 1 every 2 weeks, probably more realistic for top players is about 1 per month, and maybe 1 per two months for 10% of players. At the fast rate, it's about 2 years and 3 months to get 59 diamond relics. I think this could be cut in half to a year and still be reasonable in terms of longevity for the game.

Or I guess I can buy Legendary relics 2 for $100 every 2 weeks.

I agree with this, which is why I was hoping for more shards than anything else.