• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fighting a losing battle with Rifts...

WeabooTrash

Reaction score
Hiya,

I’m a level 66 player that is currently stuck in Bronze 1 in Rift battles, I simply cannot win. Every opponent I face either has a vastly stronger team than me or a full collection of maxed out catalysts and truthfully, I’m kinda outta ideas.

I have very few catalysts and simply cannot get more as I just can’t defeat my opponents and subsequently earn rift coins- I don’t really wanna spend £25 for 10 random catalysts via the relics!

Was looking for anyone else experiencing similar issues or anyone with any advice for getting good as I seem to be winning a losing battle! Even when I can complete all the nodes without a single defeat, I come up short on points. Would also love some tips on getting past the tricky catalysts: Dark nut, futile resistance, light weight and final fight to name a few!

Really don’t want to come across as like I’m having a moan, I love this game, just wanna know how to get back up in the rift ranks!

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Use all your resources in 10 attackers
It Will improve your win ratio

Hiya,

I’m a level 66 player that is currently stuck in Bronze 1 in Rift battles, I simply cannot win. Every opponent I face either has a vastly stronger team than me or a full collection of maxed out catalysts and truthfully, I’m kinda outta ideas.

I have very few catalysts and simply cannot get more as I just can’t defeat my opponents and subsequently earn rift coins- I don’t really wanna spend £25 for 10 random catalysts via the relics!

Was looking for anyone else experiencing similar issues or anyone with any advice for getting good as I seem to be winning a losing battle! Even when I can complete all the nodes without a single defeat, I come up short on points. Would also love some tips on getting past the tricky catalysts: Dark nut, futile resistance, light weight and final fight to name a few!

Really don’t want to come across as like I’m having a moan, I love this game, just wanna know how to get back up in the rift ranks!

Thank you in advance!
Check out all of Brother Bull’s posts on rift. Those are really great guides.

Personally I'd just ignore your Rift Defense when you're starting out. Focus on your attackers and it'll help you clear the bases. Once you're reliably able to take down enemy maps you can start kitting out your defense.

Personally, I've found debuff removal to be the most important thing in rift battles. I reccomend investing in characters like Doublicious, Silent Kill, or Rusty. Runner up choices would be Squigly with Drag N Bite/Silver Chord/Drag N Drop or Parasoul with Canopy bounce. Eliza with Chaos Banish isn't a bad choice either (it combos into Nekhbet) but the only Eliza I could reccomend on offense is Red Velvet.

Might've missed some. Obviously a character with one or two buff removals isn't ideal, but for example, my Poltergust can often get the job done against an armor node with a few Drag N Drop's. Likewise, Sheltered/Primed only needs to get in a few good Canopy Bounce/Silent Scope combos to bypass armor. Bleed can be used but isn't reliable because of immunity/permanent immunity due to SA/MA. All of this makes it easier to focus on the technical things like BB finishes, combo count, etc.

Personally, I've found debuff removal to be the most important thing in rift battles. I reccomend investing in characters like Doublicious, Silent Kill, or Rusty. Runner up choices would be Squigly with Drag N Bite/Silver Chord/Drag N Drop or Parasoul with Canopy bounce. Eliza with Chaos Banish isn't a bad choice either (it combos into Nekhbet) but the only Eliza I could reccomend on offense is Red Velvet.

Might've missed some. Obviously a character with one or two buff removals isn't ideal, but for example, my Poltergust can often get the job done against an armor node with a few Drag N Drop's. Likewise, Sheltered/Primed only needs to get in a few good Canopy Bounce/Silent Scope combos to bypass armor. Bleed can be used but isn't reliable because of immunity/permanent immunity due to SA/MA. All of this makes it easier to focus on the technical things like BB finishes, combo count, etc.

Agree with Doublicious and Silent Kill being very useful rift attackers and buff removal to be important for rift attack.
Disagree that Red Velvet is the only Eliza for offense. Bloodbath has equal availability and specifically counters reactive bleed (like barbed wire node) and has generally higher damage output. The more easily obtainable Diva Intervention is also able to recover health, plus has very good meter control, and has an easy pseudo-infinite in the corner.

Agree with Doublicious and Silent Kill being very useful rift attackers and buff removal to be important for rift attack.
Disagree that Red Velvet is the only Eliza for offense. Bloodbath has equal availability and specifically counters reactive bleed (like barbed wire node) and has generally higher damage output. The more easily obtainable Diva Intervention is also able to recover health, plus has very good meter control, and has an easy pseudo-infinite in the corner.

I'll also affirm Doublicious and Silent Kill are invaluable. It's always tough to figure out where to use those two, and if I can get away with using them only one time.

I recently learned (I think from Jaz?) that Diva's also a weirdly good choice against most Ms. Fortune's with the Scratching Post modifier. Being able to take a pummeling, then easily launch into a pseudo-infinite combo that refills your life is a lot more effective than a lot of things I tried before that.

Personally I'd just ignore your Rift Defense when you're starting out. Focus on your attackers and it'll help you clear the bases. Once you're reliably able to take down enemy maps you can start kitting out your defense.

On defense I'd recommend trying to make your boss node as hard as possible if you have limited resources to spend on defense, since that's where a majority of the screw ups happen. After that in importance is probably the ones above the boss node, followed by something of a tie between the three single character nodes which can be tough just because you don't have backup if you flub your plan A there, and the one below the boss node.

The four nodes out in front are very rarely filled with anything challenging unless you're fighting someone ranked Diamond 2 or above. Sometimes someone puts a Assassin's Greed on the one that causes bleed, which is nasty, but probably not relevant to you.

I did overlook Bloodbath, my bad! Most likely because I don't have her myself. One day...

Now, I'm hesitant to reccomend Diva Intervention. I still use her in Rifts from time to time, but I find her damage output to be lackluster. I never bring her to a difficult node because I don't trust I'll have enough time to complete all fights with her. This could solely be because I have mine equipped with defensive stats rather than offensive. Regardless, I would still rate Eliza's in Rift as Red Velvet->Bloodbath->Diva Intervention, because hex is more universal than bleed, especially when there is an abundance of Valentines in a map.

I did overlook Bloodbath, my bad! Most likely because I don't have her myself. One day...

Now, I'm hesitant to reccomend Diva Intervention. I still use her in Rifts from time to time, but I find her damage output to be lackluster. I never bring her to a difficult node because I don't trust I'll have enough time to complete all fights with her. This could solely be because I have mine equipped with defensive stats rather than offensive. Regardless, I would still rate Eliza's in Rift as Red Velvet->Bloodbath->Diva Intervention, because hex is more universal than bleed, especially when there is an abundance of Valentines in a map.

For me, Diva gets the most use on the 1v1 nodes and sometimes 2v2 nodes, where the time out issue is less.

Edit:
To elaborate, the center and right 1v1 node is a place that you often need someone that works without applying debuffs. The left 1v1 node is less vital, but good if they have't someone who's meter fills up fast, or you just want a near max score win.

Speaking of meter filling up fast, she can also work on the bottom left 2v2, though there's lots of other options for meter control here. Or use her life draining to counter the bleeds or self damage on the bottom or top right 2v2. The bottom 2v2 is weirdly important, because people love to stick Bloodbath and Valentines with ICU on it, since a good chunk on characters that are immune to bleeds also cause them, so a solution that doesn't involve debuffs is good.

Last edited:
Thankyou very much for the input guys! I think as stated, my issue is I’ve focused on trying to build all my characters at once rather than focus on the prime attackers.

As for the Eliza discussion- I’ve got a lovely diamond blood bath who’s my ‘go to’ and am currently slowly building up velvet who I can certainly see being extremely good thanks to hex!

I think it’s just certain catalysts I struggle with, some of the gold ones such as darknut, frost armour, scratching post ETC drive me up the wall haha! Some of the catalyst combinations are bloody insane.

Reactions: fanghoul
Speaking of meter filling up fast, she can also work on the bottom left 2v2, though there's lots of other options for meter control here.
Actually, Diva is my default choice for Transducer node - my Diva charges Sekhmet in one full combo and after that opponent can forget about meter at all. In my countless rifts there were only two times when Diva failed me there - both times she had to face Brain Freeze+Untouchable with Frost Armor.

Another node where I sometimes use her is the Immunity node where I can't control opp's meter with Wither. Yes, Bella does the trick, but Diva does not need MA, and that can be important for players with limited resourses.

Indeed, Bloodbath is more universal, but lately I mostly used her to counter Dreadlocks or Futile Big Band, while Diva has her moment in almost every rift. Can't say anything about Red Velvet, she does not exist in my world...

Actually, Diva is my default choice for Transducer node - my Diva charges Sekhmet in one full combo and after that opponent can forget about meter at all. In my countless rifts there were only two times when Diva failed me there - both times she had to face Brain Freeze+Untouchable with Frost Armor.

Another node where I sometimes use her is the Immunity node where I can't control opp's meter with Wither. Yes, Bella does the trick, but Diva does not need MA, and that can be important for players with limited resourses.

Indeed, Bloodbath is more universal, but lately I mostly used her to counter Dreadlocks or Futile Big Band, while Diva has her moment in almost every rift. Can't say anything about Red Velvet, she does not exist in my world...
Alright you guys, I get it, Diva is good. She is good! I've just had too many close calls with the timer that I don't feel comfortable recommending her. Once again, this could just be my build. I have her set up as defense on my Boss Node (not the best but it's what I've got), so I haven't really prioritzed attack over HP.