• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Collection [Feature Suggestion] Evolving bronze & silver moves

Mornedil

Reaction score
Right now, bronze & silver moves are only good for one thing - selling them for coins.
There's also been a lot of talk lately about move stats and how annoying it is to rely on RNG to get a good gold move...

So how about petting two cats with one hand.. err i mean solving both these problems with 1 new feature:
Move Evolution

Requirements:

2 moves of the same type and rarity level, at level 10 or above
For example, 2 bronze Cat Scratch moves, both of them raised to level 10.

How would it work?
The two moves will transform into the next rarity level and go back to level 1.
For example, the two bronze Cat Scratch will turn into one level 1 silver Cat Scratch.

What happens to the stats?
The evolved move will gain the same type of stats that were on the moves used in the evolution, but lose any progress made to the stats through upgrades.
For example, combining a bronze Cat Scratch with 12% attack with another Cat Scratch with 12% HP, will create a silver Cat Scratch with 4% attack and 4% hp

If both moves have the same stat, the 2nd stat will be chosen at random.

What about stats on silver moves? 4 stats will have to merge into 3.
okay, let's say you have 2 silver Cat Scratch with the following stats:
- Cat Scratch 1: 16% Attack, 12% HP
- Cat Scratch 2: 10% Defense, 10% Crit rate
When you evolve them, it will pick 3 of the 4 stats at random, meaning you'll lose one of them.

However, if the combined move have only 3 different stats, for example:
- Cat Scratch 1: 16% Attack, 12% HP
- Cat Scratch 2: 12% Attack, 10% Crit rate
Then in this case, the gold Cat Scratch would get Attack, HP and Crit rate.

And if there are only 2 unique stats (for example, both moves have attack+HP),
then the new gold move will get attack , HP, and a third randomized stat.

• This system would put bronze and silver moves to good use, make them worth upgrading, and also give players new ways to build their move collection.
  • It would still require us to spend time finding the right moves with the right stats, but it would let us do it 1 step at a time instead of praying for a perfect gold move.
  • The cost of this, is that it actually makes you spend additional coins on upgrading the moves along the way, which is a fair trade off for a more steady way to gain perfect moves.

Last edited:
Amazing idea, i really like it, but would sell most of my bronze and silver moves until i find some ATK and METER GAIN :)

On the othe hand, um.. i know it was find of an example, but maybe getting the moves to lvl 10 is too high? I don't really know how expensive that'd be, but i guess since buying a gold move from the cabinet costs 80k coins, the total cost of leveling both silver moves for evolution to a certain level shouldn't be (much) higher than that.

Reactions: Mornedil
This seems like a good idea but the specific numbers might need to be adjusted. I like how this also encourages players to do all difficulties of the daily events and players don’t feel bad for investing in moves early.

On the othe hand, um.. i know it was find of an example, but maybe getting the moves to lvl 10 is too high? I don't really know how expensive that'd be, but i guess since buying a gold move from the cabinet costs 80k coins, the total cost of leveling both silver moves for evolution to a certain level shouldn't be (much) higher than that.
This seems like a good idea but the specific numbers might need to be adjusted.

Tbh, I'm not sure either how much it would cost to raise bronze and silver moves to level 10, so it will surely have to be adjusted.
I looked at the wiki but it only shows how much gold moves cost.

I was just thinking... since you would have more control over which stats your evolved gold move gets, and the ability to guarantee getting the stats you want, the price should reflect that, and should be more expensive than getting lucky with finding a perfect natural gold move.
  • Working your way from bronze moves to a gold move would be the most expensive, but it will be the easiest to combine the stats you want.
  • Starting with silver moves will save you one step, making it cheaper, but also harder to get the correct stats since they naturally have 2 random stats.
  • Finding a perfect gold move will be cheapest, but as we all know this happens very rarely.
At least that's my idea of why we should have to raise the moves a bit before evolving them :>

Last edited:
The best part about this idea is the paradigm shift from asking players to gamble with luck into a clear path for progression. It empowers players and motivates them to play because of a clear goal they can work towards.

I agree with the higher cost rationale you provided. From experience, lv10 bronze isn’t too expensive but lv10 Silver is at least a few hundred K. That sounds about right to me.

CoC and a chance of finding a perfect move from clearing master daily should still be there to continue with the element of luck and pleasant surprise. A well designed game needs both to work well in my opinion.