• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Reshiram’s Competitive PvP Tier List

Reshiram18

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Since the release of the Character First Impressions thread no other PvP based thread has come out despite the fact that PvP has been released into the live version of SGM.
Today I will rectify that with this tier list for Competitive mode. Explanations for every character placement will be below the image.
5271819D-C8EE-48E3-A693-F82E5A748603.png

Ms Fortune is in S tier because headless Fortune is simply nuts. Headless Fortune can guard break, she can exploit people for letting go of block, and she has high damage output in her combos.

Squigly is in S tier because she has easy ToD combos, easy guard break setups, and because the Silver Chord is the best SM in the game.

Eliza is in S tier because she has good damage output using Sehkmet extensions, a fullscreen command grab in Weight of Anubis (AKA sewer grab), and the best okizeme in the game with the unblockable Sehkmet CA.

Peacock is in S tier because she can guard break with projectiles that do insane chip damage on block. Full combos with her can do great damage too.

Big Band is in A tier because his one hit of super armor while dashing lets him put on a lot of guard pressure. He also has the best BB3 in the game. His rather low damage output without BB3 in the combo is what holds him back from being at S tier.

Valentine is at A tier because she has insane damage output with triple CVs and Forbidden. The revives with Forbidden are nice to have as a backup measure as well. Val also has a top tier command grab in Mortuary Drop, which is one of her best tools in neutral. She is held back from S tier by the fact that to bring out ToD potential from her you have to get a regular hit instead of say a raw Mortuary hit.

Cerebella is at A tier because she has good damage output with DAF and command grabs. Stagger on throw break is also great and is a guaranteed win against anyone who spams normal throw (if you can get the throw break on a garbage connection). She is held back from S tier because the command grabs are tricky to use in neutral because of their rather specified range compared to say sewer grab or Mortuary.

Parasoul is at A tier because she has several different guard break setups that work against almost the entire cast. She is held back from S tier by the fact that her guard break setups are resource intensive.

Robo is at A tier because she has a ToD against every character except for Band. The beams are neat tools for her as well. She is held back from S tier because she needs a regular hit to ToD.

Double is in B tier because while she has good damage output and a universal guard break setup, she relies on Catheads to do that guard break setup and has to rely on normal throws to get combos going when she does not have the meter for Catheads.

Painwheel is in B tier because while she has good damage output, she has a hard time getting a regular hit into a full combo. Fly is an interesting ability and fly grab is harder to tech than a normal throw, but it is punishable.

Filia is in B tier because while she can put on good guard pressure with her speed, her damage output isn't particularly impressive.

Finally to round out the list Beowulf is in C tier because he is split between either using command grabs for easy hits with no follow ups or struggling to get a regular hit to do a full combo.

I agree with this list, if only from my experience in getting constantly beat by fortunes and squigglys and having my painwheel fail to do much most of the time, BUT, i have one question (goku voice): what does ToD means?

Agree. Band is nuts for pressuring but his lack of damage makes it up for it. Also I've yet to PvP someone who uses Fortune's headless mode. Must be scary af

Reactions: Reshiram18
whAt Do YOu mEAN PaRAsoUl IsN't S TiEr???????

(Just kidding, I probably would've ranked her the same).

I'm curious though, why do you say Big Band has the best BB3? Does it combo well? I haven't played him much to know.

Reactions: Erick Draves
I'm curious though, why do you say Big Band has the best BB3? Does it combo well? I haven't played him much to know.
I probably should have been a bit more specific there. Tuba Tuba is the best BB3 in the game of Competitive PvP in my opinion because it is the BB3 that has the most followups.

I don't know if I can disagree with much of this list.

Squigly is definitely top of the pile in my experience, and why I frequently equip bursts, even if I can only use them once. I feel like she also deserves points for a devastating tag in if you can pull it off.

I haven't seen a headless Ms. Fortune myself, but I can only imagine it's a nightmare. She's not been the most destructive in my own hands, but she's okay. I might put her as A or B for most people using her.

Eliza's tough for me, because she's not my most successful character, but that's partly because players are not as predictable as the AI, and there's a number of habits I need to break as a result. That sewer throw is a small miracle though. Most people still don't know how to respond to it, so it's an easy way to deal with blocking.

I haven't used or fought Painwheel enough to really make a call here, but I'm wondering if she doesn't deserve a nudge up for having the rare throw that lets you follow up with a blockbuster. In a mode where being blocked is all too easy, it seems like it'd be helpful.

Beowulf, sadly is at the very bottom. The throw changes they implemented to make him not overpowered have made him really hard to use.

I would've expected Filia being higher on the list. I'm not pvp pro by any means (though i've not lost any matches so far lol), but her evade seems to be pretty powerful for baiting enemies imo

I would've expected Filia being higher on the list. I'm not pvp pro by any means (though i've not lost any matches so far lol), but her evade seems to be pretty powerful for baiting enemies imo
As someone else not well aquainted with PvP, take this with a grain of salt: her evade is probably mostly useless as far as baiting an opening goes, since you'd have to be completely backed into your own corner to follow up with anything. I suppose you could bait a threatening projectile BB3 (namely DaF) so that you can dash towards a Cerebella without fear, but that requires delicate timing that is difficult to achieve with the inevitable lag.

Reactions: Erick Draves
As a Headless Fortune player... I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE. I'd argue that if the headless player knows what they're doing she can potentially be S+ - but I don't, so normally I'd say A+ at worst and S+ at best. It's debatable on if she's top 1 this new update, but her and squigly are top 2 easy.

Sure, you're a glass cannon when you're headless - when your opponent can beat the crap out of your head you're gonna die. But, you're only a glass cannon in the sense that Akuma from SF2 was a glass cannon - aka NOT FRICKING AT ALL WHEN YOU CAN DO ALL THIS BOGIE!!

You get free break setups out of Charge into H1 (head1, the poke), and even if that doesn't crack their shield apart you're safe to mash (and either get a ToD or shieldbreak from there) for free! And with stuff like Hit Paws and Catscratch Fever, even if you only get one charge hit and can't get a raw TOD you're still taking half life if you have even one blockbuster available. And since blockbuster = decent oki... you're back to square one - charge setup into shieldbreak for the rest of their HP. Just be sure not to get hit by any pesky DPs like Draugen / Destruction Pillar or panic blockbusters.

And what head does for neutral? You can punish any movement nearly fullscreen (Head2 - zOOm) and get a knockdown setup, and if they're near your head h1-da (dash attack) gives a ToD.

And what exactly can you do ABOUT head? Maybe get distracted and punch it instead, leading to the body rushing in to potentially punish whiff?... yeah... hope you got a BB3 to get rid of my dumbass running at you like a crack addicted speed demon with a bouncy ball

At least charged Squiggly has to refill her charge for some of her nuts stuff...