• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy
Reaction score
First of all I want to emphasize that these are just suggestions. So no hate please, be easy on me. LOL

Also, we (or just me) must admit that these catalysts are near-useless. Then we have the METAs like FrostArmor, ScratchingPost, DPTB, Futile, etc. So I thought, why not do a rework and see more variants in Rift Defense instead of the same fighters every time?

Yeah, Parasoul and Peacock catalysts also need some rework, so feel free to suggest here, but I have Double and Bella here.

Catalysts' Rework Suggestion:

Double's Corrosive Element
From: Opponents facing Double lose 6% HEALTH per second while at an ELEMENTAL DISADVANTAGE.

To: Opponents with above 25% HEALTH facing Double, lose 6% HEALTH per second when NOT on ELEMENTAL ADVANTAGE. Same catalyst will not multiply the effect.

Cerebella's Strong Armed
From: Cerebella has a 50% chance to gain UNFLINCHING for 15 seconds when BLOCKING any attack.

To: Cerebella has a 25% chance to gain UNFLINCHING for 6 seconds when her attack is BLOCKED. Also grants UNBREAKABLE THROW.

StrongestAntiMETA

Last edited:
To: Opponents with above 25% HEALTH facing Double, lose 6% HEALTH per second when NOT on ELEMENTAL ADVANTAGE. Same catalyst will not multiply the effect.
This seems reeeeeeally strong. Even with the 25% limit, it would be almost impossible to avoid losing a large chunk of your HP in this fight, no matter how well you played.

To: Cerebella has a 25% chance to gain UNFLINCHING for 6 seconds when her attack is BLOCKED. Also grants UNBREAKABLE THROW.
UNBREAKABLE THROW is a neat idea for a modifier! I actually quite like this one.

Reactions: Kurokazeee
Double's Corrosive Element
From: Opponents facing Double lose 6% HEALTH per second while at an ELEMENTAL DISADVANTAGE.

I like the idea, but as Cellsai noted, the only way to avoid losing any HP is to prevent Double from transmuting (changing element) at all. Normally you can also tag in another fighter of another element to avoid the hp loss, but this may not work for the "NOT on ELEMENTAL ADVANTAGE". Also, "not at elemental advantage" means that neutral characters like Overclocked cannot be used at all.

To: Opponents facing Double lose 6% HEALTH per second while Double is at an ELEMENTAL ADVANTAGE. Double inflicts disable tag-in for 10s when transmuting to an ELEMENTAL ADVANTAGE.

This will slightly buff the catalyst by countering the easy counter of just-tag-out your fighter if double goes to elemental advantage.

Cerebella's Strong Armed
From: Cerebella has a 75% chance to gain UNFLINCHING for 3 seconds when BLOCKING any attack.

I like this idea, but it seems to make the Cerebella catalyst like Scratching post where you have to intercept every dash and not block. I would prefer a buff to the original catalyst by increasing unflinching duration rather than proc chance.

To: Cerebella has a 25% chance to gain UNFLINCHING for 3/13 seconds when BLOCKING any attack.

3s currently is way to short and I can stop attacking after 2 first hits, safely block, and wait out the 3s. 3s is just too easy to wait out without impacting the battle too much since hitting-Cerebella-when-she-is-blocking is typically a relatively rare mistake. By increasing the unflinching duration significantly, it will really punish any hitting-Cerebella-on-block mistake so that players cannot ignore this mistake.

The elemental advantage requirement against Double is very difficult when Rainbow Blight exists.

This seems reeeeeeally strong. Even with the 25% limit, it would be almost impossible to avoid losing a large chunk of your HP in this fight, no matter how well you played.
-yeah it should be, to deal huge damage and lower the HP score bonus. That is the main point of this cata change, with this, more players will consider having a Double node adding new foes in Rift.

UNBREAKABLE THROW is a neat idea for a modifier! I actually quite like this one.
-Bella deserve this one, Bella Daily have it, why not Rift?

The elemental advantage requirement against Double is very difficult when Rainbow Blight exists.
-yes it is, and Double deserve it, so that several players may consider having Double node, it is still beatable but the main point is to lower the HP score bonus.