• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Dailies is not funny | Please, remake this mode

SkrimmHammer

Reaction score
Hello to all. I apologize for such a sharp offer, but hell, SAME I HATE DAILY GAMES. Every day, this mode makes you spend 2-3 hours on your passage, just to get money. Like, really?
This is not at all fun and boring. I try to play as much as possible in order to pump characters faster and yes, I can go through all the daily games, but i don't play them because I just fall asleep while playing them. I beg, reduce the number of games in daily, rethink this concept, I beg, do at least something. I have fun playing prize fights, rifts, history.
BUT daily is hell for me. The same fights, day by day, taking 2-3 hours a day, dull and boring. Lord, is so boring.
After all, there are so many possible ideas for interesting daily. For example, reduce the number of levels in each difficulty, making each level interesting. For example, the levels in which you win if you type the desired combo in 10-20 seconds. This is literally the first thing that occurred to me, but it is already more dynamic and interesting than the current system. The current system makes you a slave to the game for 2 hours, forcing you to turn off the brain and lazy look at the wall. Please remake it.

Reactions: clex55
I second the need for a more interesting and dynamic game mode. These maps for daily events were designed as puzzle boxes, which have almost no replay value after the initial couple of playthroughs.

a couple of ideas to increase replay value:

1. shuffle nodes and modifiers around randomly so there’s a different puzzle to solve daily due to infinite combinations.
2. Make the opponents match your level so you can’t just steamroll though everything with maxed characters.
3. Disable the ability for players to do all difficulties. There should just be one difficulty you can choose, and you get rewards for completing that one for the day. No more quadruple dipping rewards.

And NO, better fight assist AI is NOT a solution. It has proven to save no time because the bulk of time wasted is on the constant loading and going in/out of nodes. Most matches end in less than 5 seconds currently and loading takes at least 20 seconds depending on your phone.

This game mode does not need fixing, because it Is fundamentally flawed in that you are applying a puzzle box design in the wrong place. Imagine playing the same sudoku map day after day - there is no more challenge after you’ve solved it. We already have story mode for that, and the reason story mode doesn’t get replay is because there is no rewards tied to it like daily mission. Overall, the whole integration of puzzle box element in this game needs a rethink, as titled by this thread, and be made into something else. Perhaps the “tower” idea would hat Psychotron shared a while back is a good starting point. Or, an endurance challenge mode where you go as far as you can without healing and are rewarded for how many enemies you can defeat.

Devs I love you guys but sometimes in order to move forward you need to abandon past work that no longer works and bring joy to your players. Many games will “rework” or go through “rebirth” phases with major overhauls of their system. The daily mission seems like a strong candidate to be retired into hall of fame. We know it’s not an easy task given the small staff but perhaps this could be a long term 2020 goal that gets mentioned soon and slowly rolled out.

Good luck and looking forward to a more enjoyable game mode in the near future.

Last edited:
Reactions: clex55
I somewhat get the issue with Dailies, but here's my take on it: Dailies are "dailies", but it doesn't mean they're a mandatory part of playing everyday. You certainly, for one, don't have to spend time playing through each of the levels. I've never seen playing through each level as the goal of having multiple levels; rather, the goal was to provide a challenge for all players.
(I will admit that the master level is only difficult for a max level if you decide to try to beat it with your low levels or something. It somewhat misses the mark there but ultimately you're getting rewards so it's fine.)

I think the amount of modes in this game allows for management of time spent in each mode, and that time was not supposed to be spent completing everything each day. For example, you don't have to finish the milestones in every PF, you don't need to finish 2 Rift Battles each day, and you certainly don't need to complete every level in dailies each day. I personally get on fine just every now and then finishing a Master level daily for extra coins. It's always been more of an optional grind aspect of the game in my eyes.
I second the need for a more interesting and dynamic game mode. These maps for daily events were designed as puzzle boxes, which have almost no replay value after the initial couple of playthroughs.
What do you mean by puzzle boxes? Is that referring to how the map is laid out, so that each node unlocks another node?

Reactions: Disasterrr19
I somewhat get the issue with Dailies, but here's my take on it: Dailies are "dailies", but it doesn't mean they're a mandatory part of playing everyday. You certainly, for one, don't have to spend time playing through each of the levels. I've never seen playing through each level as the goal of having multiple levels; rather, the goal was to provide a challenge for all players.
(I will admit that the master level is only difficult for a max level if you decide to try to beat it with your low levels or something. It somewhat misses the mark there but ultimately you're getting rewards so it's fine.)

I think the amount of modes in this game allows for management of time spent in each mode, and that time was not supposed to be spent completing everything each day. For example, you don't have to finish the milestones in every PF, you don't need to finish 2 Rift Battles each day, and you certainly don't need to complete every level in dailies each day. I personally get on fine just every now and then finishing a Master level daily for extra coins. It's always been more of an optional grind aspect of the game in my eyes.

What do you mean by puzzle boxes? Is that referring to how the map is laid out, so that each node unlocks another node?
Puzzle boxes are games that require you to solve the puzzle, like those old time physical games where you have steel balls in a glass cube and you move around until they all fit in some holes or something. it became a term used in game design (don’t quote me) to label games where the objective is to solve a puzzle. In the context of SGM, each node is a puzzle - there are one to three fighters with their and some specific node modifiers. In order to beat some nodes, you will need to bring the right counters. Big Band and Robo Fortune Master maps are examples of difficult puzzle boxes because you need very specific counters.

I am not disagreeing with your opinion that all game modes are optional and players have a choice to not play them. However, the game only progresses as much as you put in time to gather resources through these game modes. For competitive players (top 200) you will lose your edge if you don’t do most of these game modes religiously. For all we know some rich, competitive players will even go as far as hiring cheap labor to grind for them. It’s a sad and ugly reality in the competitive gaming world.

Puzzle boxes are games that require you to solve the puzzle, like those old time physical games where you have steel balls in a glass cube and you move around until they all fit in some holes or something. it became a term used in game design (don’t quote me) to label games where the objective is to solve a puzzle. In the context of SGM, each node is a puzzle - there are one to three fighters with their and some specific node modifiers. In order to beat some nodes, you will need to bring the right counters. Big Band and Robo Fortune Master maps are examples of difficult puzzle boxes because you need very specific counters.

I am not disagreeing with your opinion that all game modes are optional and players have a choice to not play them. However, the game only progresses as much as you put in time to gather resources through these game modes. For competitive players (top 200) you will lose your edge if you don’t do most of these game modes religiously. For all we know some rich, competitive players will even go as far as hiring cheap labor to grind for them. It’s a sad and ugly reality in the competitive gaming world.

I need to think on this whole thing more, but I can say you can be top 200 without doing all of these every day (or at least Expert and Master), because I don't do them every day and I still am top 200 in Rifts. I'm also an old hand at the game though, so I do have a bit of a leg up. Also, also, I confess I do make use of the AI autoplay, and spend much of the time when I do dailies reading a book or doing chores and just coming back to to the game every once in a while to start the next battle.

Admittedly, that really doesn't sound like ideal gameplay in a game though.

Reactions: Disasterrr19
Also, also, I confess I do make use of the AI autoplay, and spend much of the time when I do dailies reading a book or doing chores and just coming back to to the game every once in a while to start the next battle.
True this. I only do Master and sometimes Expert dailies (if I have spare time for them) using autopilot while doing my work stuff and still have time for getting to top 10% in PFs and running 5-8 Rifts in a week. I balance between D4 and G2 all the time, but I guess it's not because I do not spend enough time in game, but because my skill is not that good and I prefer building and testing new Fighter variants instead of tedious work on my Diamonds.

Also, sorry to repeat myself so many times in different threads, while looking at the game features from the point of view of experienced players, we should not forget that we account for rather small part of whole player base. And the devs have to design the game in a way that should attract more newbies and provide rather smooth progression experience from their first Bronzes to their Diamond evolutions. It is inevitable that some parts of this progression become obsolete after you're strong enough... I believe that not a single top player likes to go through first 10-15 battles of Gold PF to get to those 40+ K teams - but does that mean that we should remove them completely and leave those who just start enjoying their brand new Golds being unable to participate in the fun?

Even though I also would like to see something designed to give top players more challenge, I feel that it should be either something completely new (like PvP or Rifts were) or built as an addition to existing game modes (Master Story and Origins), not replacing things that worked perfectly in the past (remember your first Master Daily completion!).

Reactions: cappatacus