• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Collection Change gift cap from 50 to 50 of each

2nd

Reaction score
0nhwf3j.png

With the current system, players who play enough to reach the cap can find themselves in a situation where they cannot reciprocate a gold gift due to having 50 pink gifts and not being able to find any more.

I propose that the two have caps separate from each other, so it doesn't feel like you're totally missing out after reaching the cap and you can always reciprocate gold gifts.

I believe this would feel more satisfying for the players, and wouldn't be imbalanced (since the gold gifts you grind are going to other people).

Please let me know what you think!

Last edited:
Yes please! The fact that there is a cap is understandable. Without it, some folks would spend hours upon hours grinding for endless golds making the reds useless.

However, the 50 cap combined with always giving golds first means that folks with smaller friends lists build up excess reds over time that are just kinda... stuck there. Taking up space in the cap, making less room for golds that you might have otherwise acquired, meaning that on some days you won't have any gold gifts to give to your pals because on the day prior you gave out gifts to your 10 friends, then got unlucky and got 10 red drops in a row.

On the other hand, folks with a full 50 friends list face a different problem: having to grind out a full 50 gifts every day to give every friend a gift, rather than being able to save up enough for 2-3 days in advance if they know they're going to be too busy to grind for a few days.

Last edited:
I’d prefer the game picks at random which gift you send when you have both. I hate having to favor some people more than others because of this system.

Reactions: Kurokazeee
Definitely agree with the points in the first two posts. Feels like the caps should be changed/removed for gifts stocked. Also, be nice to choose what gifts to send.

Alternatively, if we could convert normal to golds (maybe 10 to 1) that would also fix the issue for me.

I guess one other alternative that would help although it doesn't feel good is allowing us to throw away normal gifts that way we can try to farm more golds. But this doesn't seem ideal since you have to take a step backwards to progress

Last edited:
Reactions: Pit Frango
Agreed please do something that affects the gold gift cap. Perhaps still allow players to discover gold gifts that replace existing pink ones? I want to reciprocate gold gifts as much as possible.

Reactions: Taniyah
I like the idea of trading reds for golds! Definitely helps balance out bad luck, the same way that relic shards do.

However, I now realize that if there's any way for folks to get infinite golds through a workaround, they'll definitely try it, even if it's ridiculously slow and tedious. Like, if the gold cap is separate then folks will just give away golds but not any reds to continue grinding for only golds indefinitely. If they can trade reds for golds without a limit, then they'll do that as well.

Maybe there's a sort of 'tracker' that tracks the amount of gold drops per day, and if you get less than a certain amount, say 5 or so, you can trade reds for golds up to that once your red cap is full. That way, you could always get at least 5 golds per day, even if you're really unlucky and get nothing but red drops; and of course after that you've got more room under the cap to get more gifts so you can grind it out and maybe get a few extra golds along the way. Also, if you get lucky and manage to get more than 5 gold drops before doing any trading, you're not missing out on anything, and don't have to spend more time grinding to get back up to full capacity.

I still feel like 50 is too small for a cap though, since it's only one day worth of gifts for someone with a full friends list. Maybe something closer to 100 - 150 might be better?

A few thoughts:
1) That's some good logic on the Pink Gifts / Few Freinds problem! I'll pass it on to our engineers so they can have a think on it.

2) Increasing the gift cap wouldn't prevent the problem, it's just make it take longer to reach the same problem.

3) Making 50 Golds and 50 Pinks would just result in people grinding until they reached maximum on pink gifts, then they'd only be able to receive infinite gold gifts. A whole other problem!

4) Converting pinks into golds would just create a new grinding gifts meta, no matter how many limits placed on it. Not ideal.

5) Gifting logic is complicated and we'll definitely be updating and tweaking it as time goes on. You'll see improvements to them like every other feature added to SGM!

I think you should have a separate cap for each gift type. Just that when someone reaches 50 normal gifts, instead of getting gold gifts as they would normal gifts. They keep the same chance to get a gold gift and not receiving any gift where they would normally receive a normal gift.
If this makes sense...

What if the logic is:

If you have both types, then game picks either gold or pink when gifting.

if you only have pink, well, you only send the pink.

It’s unlikely that you’d have gold and no pink just because of the drop rate.

By increasing the Gold Gift cap to 50 on its own and making it separate, the optimal thing to do is grind until you have 50 Gold Gifts, every day. That is an insane amount of grinding even for those who enjoy grinding. If the optimal thing is extremely unfun, that's not good.

That's just one of the many reasons why the cap is cumulative and not separate - it wasn't a choice that was made lightly, a lot of factors went into this decision. I appreciate the feedback regardless!

what if we had separate caps for each however the gold cap would be like 10 (or whatever is appropriate)?
That way you can always gift a decent amount of gold gifts but you'd still have to gift mostly pink ones. The way it stands it really depends on your luck so if I'm lucky I can gift 10 golds one day but the next day I can only gift 5.
That way the grind wouldn't be too ridiculous since you can get those 10 already by playing normally if you're lucky.

Reactions: 2nd
what if we had separate caps for each however the gold cap would be like 10 (or whatever is appropriate)?
That way you can always gift a decent amount of gold gifts but you'd still have to gift mostly pink ones. The way it stands it really depends on your luck so if I'm lucky I can gift 10 golds one day but the next day I can only gift 5.
That way the grind wouldn't be too ridiculous since you can get those 10 already by playing normally if you're lucky.

Sounds fair.

Reactions: 2nd