• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Collection Move Level-Reset Item?

ZeoW

Reaction score
Finding a move with the right combination of stats are already difficult to begin with. Most of the cases, I use moves with two great stats and one sub-par stat, in the hopes that the sub-par stat is ignored as I upgrade it. Sometimes it works but other times it doesn't which leads to cases where the sub-par stat got most of the upgrades - a truly disappointing outcome. Canopy Coins are used up only for the move to be re-sold or kept for a while until a better one comes along.

I was wondering if an item that could reset the level of moves would be a great addition into the game for another chance to roll. It would save us players time and possibly coins and may be another source of in-game purchases.

Thoughts? Opinions?

I voiced about this a while back. If they do this kind of thing it should be restricted to once a month or something so it doesn’t turn into complete p2w.

@Mornedil also suggested a system of combining maxed out bronze and silver moves to retain their stats so not to make those completely useless. I really favor that idea as right now we might as well not have bronze and silver moves in the game.

I voiced about this a while back. If they do this kind of thing it should be restricted to once a month or something so it doesn’t turn into complete p2w.

@Mornedil also suggested a system of combining maxed out bronze and silver moves to retain their stats so not to make those completely useless. I really favor that idea as right now we might as well not have bronze and silver moves in the game.

Didn't realize someone brought this up before, glad to see that someone had the same idea. I believe the best way to prevent p2w abuse is to add an element of grinding. Grinding is a huge part of the game and part of the reason why f2p players aren't at a huge disadvantage against p2w players. Perhaps we could apply a similar mechanic to moves by requiring players to do X amount of battles with that move before the reset option unlocks. We can make the availability of the item grindable for f2p players such as through Gold Gifts and PF rewards (the weekly Show Me Your Move PF would fit here) to 'even out' the playing field.

Also, I've seen Mornedil's suggestion and I really like the idea as well! It's a great way to make use of something that is completely irrelevant to most players while allowing players to build their fighters in the way they want.

Reactions: Disasterrr19
I was wondering if an item that could reset the level of moves would be a great addition into the game for another chance to roll. It would save us players time and possibly coins and may be another source of in-game purchases.

I think that it could be a better idea to have an item that would allow to reroll one chosen substat into another RANDOM substat (keeping the investments). That would give more determination in getting perfect move sooner or later, but would still retain RNG and grinding (you can roll +150 HP or Crit Resist ten times in a row). Such reroll tokens could be given as rewards in PFs ("Show Me Your Moves" is an obvious candidate for this) or Dailies, put into the Gifts (similar to Energy Replenish vials) or obtained by sacrificing 5-10 gold moves.

It is indeed a bit frustrating that after some time all Bronze, all Silver and about 90% of Gold moves are immediately sold. Mornedil's suggestion is interesting, but I am afraid that it will put too much grinding pressure. There is a conundrum: Bronze/Silver moves are useless now, but if they are changed to useful, then competitive players will feel forced to complete ALL dailies (from Basic to Master) to get the maximum profit. Unfortunately, I don't see an easy solution for this problem...

I remember very similar situation in Diablo 3: due to constant power creep Rare items immediately turned useless the moment you hit lvl 70 and start getting Legendary ones. It was solved by breaking Rare items into materials required for rerolling Legendaries. The major difference is the fact that we got Rare items in Diablo 3 while playing normally - it did not require a separate game mode or separate difficulty level.

If anyone is intrested in reading about my suggestion that was mentioned about evolving moves, it can be found here

As has been pointed out above, it's a dangerous line to walk making options to reroll stats like this, as they can descend into Pay to Win very quickly. That's something we're always very conscious of before adding any new features.
However, it has been something that's been brought up a few times - and we've seen @Mornedil 's thread too, don't worry!

I'd personally be more in favor of an option to reroll one particular stat somehow, but I dunno how such a feature would actually pan out.

Reactions: Disasterrr19