• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Versus: Disabling Quit Option In-game

Rudølf

Reaction score
We all know how hard it is to get a match in versus mode. Usually we gets countless rejects before getting matched— the relief when you finally get one..! A salty bunch of players would quit during the fight when they're sensing defeat, and it's not fair.°³°

I think disabling the quit option would fix this. We wouldn't be changing our minds anyway with a fight that took us minutes to get, unless we're the salty bunch.

Does anyone have similar experiences with disconnecting players?

Reactions: BallotBoxer
We all know how hard it is to get a match in versus mode. Usually we gets countless rejects before getting matched— the relief when you finally get one..! A salty bunch of players would quit during the fight when they're sensing defeat, and it's not fair.°³°

I think disabling the quit option would fix this. We wouldn't be changing our minds anyway with a fight that took us minutes to get, unless we're the salty bunch.

Does anyone have similar experiences with disconnecting players?

This happens frequently. There was one time I got matched with a quitter 5x in a row because he kept on quitting and rematching.

Aside from disabling the quit option, putting a timed penalty could also work for quitters that would exit the game instead. Anytime someone disconnects, they can't match for an hour or two.

Some people also deliberately play a match even though their connections are poor, which is frustrating to fight against as they can suddenly pull off a combo out of the blue.

Reactions: Rudølf
I just answered this in another thread, so here's a similar answer:
Players quitting in PvP is a known issue that we're workshopping solutions for. I've been on the receiving end of it myself. It's unfortunately a problem that affects virtually all fighting games. It's actually quite a difficult problem to solve. We're working on it, but it's actually a very big task!