• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

No 2020 Preview?

Manowar

Reaction score
Last year the preview was posted the first week of January. Here we are about to be in February and we haven't got a glimpse of what is being planned this year. Is it still happening?

Reactions: Yomady and Lililira
I've been wondering about this all month lol, and I'm at the point where I'm coming up with off-the-wall theories as to why it hasn't been posted yet.
tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

Theory 1: It's going to be combined with the next update announcement.
v 1.1: Surprise update! With the roadmap and update notes posted during the downtime.
v 1.2: I know that updates have to be checked over by Apple before they can be released, maybe something needed a second look before it'd be approved?
v 1.3: Debugging never goes the way you plan it. Maybe something is taking longer than expected to get to a point where it's ready for release, but they still want to include it with the next update.

Theory 2: Staff is still trying to figure out some back-end logistics for something they're not sure if they should include just in case it doesn't pan out.

Idk, but I'd like to hear if anyone else has any thoughts. I love speculating about these sorts of things!

Reactions: Joaquin and Aluna
As of now, I don't think there will be anything significant for the road map 2020, aside from the release of Fukua, and with her, the roster is complete (except if they want to add unplayable character like Maria and I don't think they will), the rest would be the Guild think, which is not really big of a change, then some balancing, adding some new variants and that's it.
Don't get me wrong I still like a road map for 2020 but I think it will be less exciting than 2019 roadmap.

Incomplete 2019 goals that may carry over to 2020:
  • New characters: Fukua, and maybe someone completely new!
  • Origin stories: Eliza and Beowulf (and not mentioned specifically, but still available: Robo-Fortune, Double, and Ms. Fortune)
  • Puzzle box challenges
  • Guilds and guild-related activities
  • Miscellaneous goodies like Marie battle, alternate voice-over packs, etc.
(source)

May 2020 will be the game's 3 year anniversary. Happy Trinity everyone! *puts on upside-down cross necklace*

If/when Fukua appears, she will need 11 variants to match everyone else: 2 bronze, 3 silver, 4 gold, and 2 diamond.

Speaking of keeping things even, Eliza is unique with 5 golds (Inner Pieces!), so I predict 2020 will have everyone else getting a new fifth gold variant, and probably at least one more diamond to pour all of our resources into. Is there a demand for a third bronze?

If/when Fukua appears, she will need 11 variants to match everyone else: 2 bronze, 3 silver, 4 gold, and 2 diamond.

IMG_3562.jpg
IMG_3563.jpg

( Taken Jan 19, 2020. I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to post chat screenshots with dev quotes like this? Please let me know if I'm not and I'll remove the screenshots. )

Fukua is definitely coming this year! It's important to note though, just because she's currently being worked on doesn't necessarily mean she'll be released anytime soon, since fighters take a very long time to make (several months at the very least, perhaps closer to a year based on the gaps between release dates of previous fighters), and there are other things that are currently being worked on at the same time that may take priority.

Also, call me weird maybe, but I'd love to see a 3rd bronze for each character. It'd spice up the most common pulls a bit for older players, plus give newbies a few more great options to work with when starting out.

Last edited:
MY EYES.
I should cancel the 2020 roadmap right now for your Discord light theme crimes.

In seriousness, we're finalizing our various announcements for the start of this year as we speak. We'll go into more detail than usual on a few topics, can't wait to share em with you all.

Everyone is so hyped about new characters and I'm just wondering how the h am I going to fit another one in my inventory.