• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Variants To Be Buffed

Which variants should be buffed?

• Total voters

Rudølf

Reaction score
Hello, wuff pack! Am here to do a little poll if it's okay! x3

Some of Beowuff's variants need buffs. Is it just me who thinks that? Please don't say it's just me ;w;

I don't really main Beo, but I've got some thoughts nevertheless.

Wrestler X: Probably not. His SA1's regen is a good counter to Biofeedback, I use him a ton in rifts. And, his SA2 is what makes him the best answer to That One Node™ in Ascent Master. All in all, pretty great, no complaints, probably doesn't need a buff.

Cold Stones: Definitely not. He's got some lackluster base stats due to being a nat bronze, but his SAs more than make up for it. More than once I've gotten stun locked and pummeled into the ground by a Cold Stones half my FS. A very strong variant, probably in the top 5 bronzes.

Underdog: Probably not. You don't see a lot of them, but when you do, watch out. This is one of those variants that can tank hits like a champ, then come at you with a BB3 out of nowhere that he built up while you were trying in vain to chip down his health. He might not be 'popular' but he's pretty good, even though he's overshadowed by Cold Stones.

Number One: Definitely. Short buffs that only happen under rare conditions? Bad. Needs a buff, either in the form of making the buffs last a lot longer, or by expanding the possible conditions that trigger the buffs.

Hype Man: Maybe. Controlling the opponent's BBs is very important, and he's one of the few variants that has this built in. On the other hand, that's basically all he does. Other BB control fighters don't have such limiting requirements for when their SAs are active. Seems like he could be a good 'comeback support' though, making it easier for teammates to tag out, get a BB in reserve, then tag back in.

Dark Might: Maybe. A lot of folks dunk on him, but that's because they see a lot of other folks dunking on him. Since he's a dia, not many folks have actual hands-on experience with him, so they all just assume that the common public opinion is correct and the cycle continues. The folks who *have* built him up seem to swear by him, and why wouldn't they? 100% bonus damage if he's the last one standing? A decent chance to insta-kill after a certain health drop? Seems pretty good to me, but with dias being so expensive to upgrade it takes a lot of work to get there, and there are other dias that are great after only unlocking one tier of their SA1, so he rarely gets priority over others. Maybe could use a buff to defense once he drops below his insta-kill threshold, to make it safer to get there without dying on attack, and a better option for defense.

Last edited:
How much is Number One at max diamond on stats? He is very weak in gold and ok at silver.

Seen the vote and instantly cast him.

Cold Stones: Definitely not. He's got some lackluster base stats due to being a nat bronze, but his SAs more than make up for it. More than once I've gotten stun locked and pummeled into the ground by a Cold Stones half my FS. A very strong variant, probably in the top 5 bronzes.
To clarify: "lackluster base stats" is post-evolution, compared to the likes of nat-golds and diamonds. Stones is the second-highest FS Bronze, and in a 4-way tie for highest Bronze attack score (before his SA/MA kick in). As a silver, he has the 17th-highest FS (out of 65) and is tied for 9th-highest attack. Sure, evolution past that makes him drop off, but that's true of all nat-bronzes -- and even at Diamond, he's only about 2.2k FS behind Toad Warrior (the highest nat-silver). It's totally fine that he has his niche of being one of the best carries for Bronze & Silver PFs.

How much is Number One at max diamond on stats? He is very weak in gold and ok at silver.
According to the mobile fighter gallery, Number One tops out at 19.6k FS, with 8.2k attack and 57.5k health. So, yeah, he's clearly worse than Cold Stones, who has 19.7k FS, 10.5k attack, 44.3k health, and a useful SA.

To clarify: "lackluster base stats" is post-evolution, compared to the likes of nat-golds and diamonds. Stones is the second-highest FS Bronze, and in a 4-way tie for highest Bronze attack score (before his SA/MA kick in). As a silver, he has the 17th-highest FS (out of 65) and is tied for 9th-highest attack. Sure, evolution past that makes him drop off, but that's true of all nat-bronzes -- and even at Diamond, he's only about 2.2k FS behind Toad Warrior (the highest nat-silver). It's totally fine that he has his niche of being one of the best carries for Bronze & Silver PFs.

According to the mobile fighter gallery, Number One tops out at 19.6k FS, with 8.2k attack and 57.5k health. So, yeah, he's clearly worse than Cold Stones, who has 19.7k FS, 10.5k attack, 44.3k health, and a useful SA.
I cannot believe Number One needs a towel while in a fight.

Number one's conditions are not as rare as what's written down. You just gotta equip a good stat Aroo Ready? Taunt, and you'll get haste and just keep attacking the enemy for enrage. Not to mention you'll gain meter quickly. He does need help from a good atk% move though to do well.
But, I'm fine with the way he is. Not every variant will do well.

Reactions: Rudølf and Yomady
I didn't really use Beos much until after That One Node™ as Lilira puts it, so my input is a bit limited. But here's my thoughts for that one Beo that everyone loves to hate: Dark Might!

I got him pretty early in the game, but I didn't invest much in him because of all the bad reviews. But playing him now, I see that a lot of that was indeed, second-hand bashing from when his SA2 wasn't even reworked yet. I mean his stats are so high that he's a feasible character even without SAs; but when those SAs do activate, he turns into a real Hul- mmm Superm-- mmm Bane? A real Bane in the butt.

So does he need a buff? No, not really, he's fine as is, especially since his SA2 can activate even if you don't lose any team mates, and it's easy enough to pair him with a Valentine or something so he doesn't die too easily.

Would I like to see one? Yes, just to get him from ok to great, without unbalancing him. Perhaps a stack of regeneration to activate along with his SA2? This way, he isn't too close to death, and his SA2 will take a little more effort to activate for a second or third time.

Last edited:
So does he need a buff? No, not really, he's fine as is, especially since his SA2 can activate even if you don't lose any team mates, and it's easy enough to pair him with a Valentine or something so he doesn't die too easily.

If only I had a DM to know that even... ;w;

Reactions: Qasr
The problem with Dark Might is that, altough he's not bad, he's under achiever compared to other diamonds. As the defensive variant he is, he's lacking any kind of medium to avoid death. And Beo's AI isn't exactly great on defense to cover for that. Also, due to the way he's SA work, not even Val's SA/CA really work, as they need to be alive for most of them to work, diminishing his efficiency.

Given that, the most likely scenario is that by the moment you can start investing in him, you've gotten another Diamond fighter that just works better (and I'm talking from my experience here, so that could change). And training diamond fighters isn't exactly an easy thing, so people tend to look for the more efficient fighter to invest into.

I think Hype Man is fine for his tier. I don't see a reason why everyone has to be great as a diamond after all.

I use him a lot for the Show Me Your Moves prize fight, where he's an absolute monster. Being able to activate hype mode, use Lupine Pummel, have it fill up again, use it a second time, plus all your other grab-y blockbusters are full? It's pretty great.

I admire his ability to control the fight once he gets going, but without the +100% blockbuster damage his damage is noticeably lacking. He might also be a passable gold, though I'm not a huge Beowulf fan, so I can't comment too much there.

Reactions: Qasr and Rudølf
He’s not on your poll but FF needs a buff. He’s an attempt at a purely defensive beo variant and he’s a gold but he’s not really good. I had him at diamond and on a frost armor node in rifts but he’s just not good. I swapped him out in favor of a staple water variant.

Reactions: Qasr and Rudølf
He’s not on your poll but FF needs a buff. He’s an attempt at a purely defensive beo variant and he’s a gold but he’s not really good. I had him at diamond and on a frost armor node in rifts but he’s just not good. I swapped him out in favor of a staple water variant.
Some diamonds just suck more than others, equality was never a thing. But hey, at least she's not Mummy Dearest, right? x3

Hey friend, thanks for replying. Meant to continue the discussion earlier but life interrupts. Anyway:

The problem with Dark Might is that, altough he's not bad, he's under achiever compared to other diamonds.
I agree wholeheartedly.

Given that, the most likely scenario is that by the moment you can start investing in him, you've gotten another Diamond fighter that just works better (and I'm talking from my experience here, so that could change). And training diamond fighters isn't exactly an easy thing, so people tend to look for the more efficient fighter to invest into.

Here's the thing though: his stats are good enough that you can do a lot with him even with a small investment. Currently, I have in him 1 diamond key and just enough cash to unlock SA1 and the first stage of SA2, and an extra move slot. With just that and a valentine, I've been able to clear streak 20-29 easily enough for the last pfs. To get the same performance from my other diamonds with better SAs but worse stats, I've definitely had to invest more than that. The bottom-line is that if I had known to use him more when I first got him at level 20ish - and not have been discouraged by all the negative reviews - I'd have struggled less then, and be further along now.

As the defensive variant he is, he's lacking any kind of medium to avoid death. And Beo's AI isn't exactly great on defense to cover for that.
I might suddenly find myself in the minority here, but I've never thought of him as a defensive variant, precisely because, as you say, he's bad at it.

Also, due to the way he's SA work, not even Val's SA/CA really work, as they need to be alive for most of them to work, diminishing his efficiency
Not sure what you mean, but as of update 3.4.2 (right?), his SA2 can activate at <50% health; no need for teammates to die. I've managed to trigger it while my whole team was still alive (and unharmed even). I find that regen or, even better, final stand from a valentine or whoever is usually enough to keep him on his feet.
For his SA1, you're right, its still inefficient. But I find that its not something you trigger on purpose anyway. It's more like an emergency measure, like a parachute or something: unnecessary when things are going well, but really great to have when things are going poorly.

For the last PFs, I've been putting him as the first fighter, and a valentine, usually a Killjoy as third. If things go well, this is usually enough to defeat opponent 1 and 2, and greet opponent 3 with a BB3 for a chance at insta-kill. If I mess up and get the whole team killed, Killjoy resurrects him at 100% damage, which is a LOT, certainly enough for a chance at a comeback.

Reactions: Rudølf
Hey friend, thanks for replying. Meant to continue the discussion earlier but life interrupts. Anyway:

I agree wholeheartedly.

Here's the thing though: his stats are good enough that you can do a lot with him even with a small investment. Currently, I have in him 1 diamond key and just enough cash to unlock SA1 and the first stage of SA2, and an extra move slot. With just that and a valentine, I've been able to clear streak 20-29 easily enough for the last pfs. To get the same performance from my other diamonds with better SAs but worse stats, I've definitely had to invest more than that. The bottom-line is that if I had known to use him more when I first got him at level 20ish - and not have been discouraged by all the negative reviews - I'd have struggled less then, and be further along now.

I might suddenly find myself in the minority here, but I've never thought of him as a defensive variant, precisely because, as you say, he's bad at it.

Not sure what you mean, but as of update 3.4.2 (right?), his SA2 can activate at <50% health; no need for teammates to die. I've managed to trigger it while my whole team was still alive (and unharmed even). I find that regen or, even better, final stand from a valentine or whoever is usually enough to keep him on his feet.
For his SA1, you're right, its still inefficient. But I find that its not something you trigger on purpose anyway. It's more like an emergency measure, like a parachute or something: unnecessary when things are going well, but really great to have when things are going poorly.

For the last PFs, I've been putting him as the first fighter, and a valentine, usually a Killjoy as third. If things go well, this is usually enough to defeat opponent 1 and 2, and greet opponent 3 with a BB3 for a chance at insta-kill. If I mess up and get the whole team killed, Killjoy resurrects him at 100% damage, which is a LOT, certainly enough for a chance at a comeback.

Good to hear you enjoy using him. As I mentioned, I don't see him as a BAD variant. Just underachiever. He was, in fact, my second diamond around level 55. My first one was Fly Trap, for some context on the comparisions.
As you, I also upgraded him a little (just what didn't required keys) and tried him up. The thing is, like that, to me he was just a bunch of FS with no gimmick beyond low combo count. We could say that Harle is basically the same, and I super enjoy her. But something about him just didn't ring with me. And after some time, I started thinking more in rift than I did in PFs. In rift, I see him as a mediocre attacker and an Ok defender. And a really expensive Ok defender.

By level 70, I started to really invest in the diamonds and when I thought of who could I begin after FT, Plot twisted appeared. And PT is just a lot more fun for me.

But then, again. This is just my experience. Maybe at some point in the future I'll look into him, but right now I'm playing Dragon Brawler and having fun with him. So that could take a while.

Reactions: Qasr
Good to hear you enjoy using him. As I mentioned, I don't see him as a BAD variant. Just underachiever. He was, in fact, my second diamond around level 55. My first one was Fly Trap, for some context on the comparisions.
As you, I also upgraded him a little (just what didn't required keys) and tried him up. The thing is, like that, to me he was just a bunch of FS with no gimmick beyond low combo count. We could say that Harle is basically the same, and I super enjoy her. But something about him just didn't ring with me. And after some time, I started thinking more in rift than I did in PFs. In rift, I see him as a mediocre attacker and an Ok defender. And a really expensive Ok defender.

By level 70, I started to really invest in the diamonds and when I thought of who could I begin after FT, Plot twisted appeared. And PT is just a lot more fun for me.

But then, again. This is just my experience. Maybe at some point in the future I'll look into him, but right now I'm playing Dragon Brawler and having fun with him. So that could take a while.

Hey again, I think you captured the Dark Might experience well. I think i get your point now about him being limited at higher level play. You're right, in your position, I'd do the same.
He peaks at mid-level i think, and therein lies the regret. I got him early, which when he would have been fun and very useful, but I'm only playing him now, when he's mostly just fun.
And indeed, while he's not necessarily dependable, he is fun, but in a more high stakes, win-big lose-big manner. Certainly not for everyone.

Anyway, thanks for this discussion, much obliged to hear your thoughts