• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Rift Survey

How often do you visit the Rift?

• More than 15. I use red tickets! I'm in the Rift so much, I'm Isaac's roommate!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 14 times. I use 2 green tickets every day.

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • A bit over the required seven for the season.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • 7 times. Just the minimum for me!

Votes: 21 36.8%
  • Less than 7. I uh, forget to get the quota sometimes.

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Zero. I hate the Rift! I'll stay in my own dimension, thanks!

Votes: 15 26.3%

• Total voters
Perhaps I should make a new survey. The change from 7 to 5 required battles appears to have some interesting consequences. While being less of a "chore" to do so many battles in a week, several months later, restricting to a diet of 5 has thinned my Rift rank. I have sunk to Bronze 3. I wonder if others are experiencing something similar, or if they have maintained their position by exceeding the 5 quota regularly.

Incidentally, being at Bronze 3 is funny. I'm one loss away from sinking to Bronze 4 and one win from rising to Bronze 2. These tiers are so claustrophobic!

I'd agree with Dusty00 that maintaining doesn't seem too hard as a Diamond. I've recently sunk down to Gold 2 purely through inactivity though, because I just haven't been able to scrape together time for Rifts, and Prize Fights, and also doing Daily Events for Gifts. Daily Events at least I can auto-battle through while doing work or chores and give me a ton of gold and moves to upgrade my fighters, and Prize Fights I largely enjoy.

Rifts I just remain a bit iffy on. I just don't sit down and go "Yep, I definitely want to play this one mode of this one game for a good chunk of the next 2 hours." very often. The rewards are also just not as much there. Rift Coins are nice, but we have an alternative way to access those now. Diamond Keys are nice, but I don't even have direct access to those anymore, and they aren't... I don't know, I'm at that point where I'm not entirely certain why I'd want them anyway? It's not like I don't have diamonds I could work on, but I have an awesome roster, and the only reason to beef it up even further would be to do better in Rifts, which I don't really enjoy that much, nor do I have that much time for.

Investing my time heavily in I mode I don't enjoy to do better in said mode I don't enjoy much would be... kinda weird?

Started at gold 2, steadily climbed till Hero rank. Peak coincided with the few weeks after catalysts was released. Stayed there 2 to 3 weeks, then dropped to diamond 1 once everyone caught up with catalysts. Have been slowly sliding to diamond 3 or 4 over months. I have certainly noticed a lot of people having extremely strong rosters, so I think it's just a lot of people growing very fast while my roster, move strength has not been growing that fast.

Reactions: Robokit
I was a gold 2 up until last week. I play around 7-10 times per week, as I see it as a good way to get those valuable rift coins (one dia key per week was a nice standard as gold). I really like the mod, as I found it to be the more engaging one. But it's true that some kind of shake would be nice to bump it a little (specially for players who haven't start with it, yet).

Reactions: Lililira
Started out from the bottom, climbed up to Silver 1 decently quickly around lvl 45 or so, but I've been stuck at Silver 1 since October, just yo-yoing between 1300 and 1370 depending on who I get paired with. There are folks at all levels of game progress and skill for me to get paired with here, from folks with a single fighter over 10kfs to folks with 20+ marqueed 18kfs diamond fighters, and over my time here I've seen them all as my own collection has steadily grown in strength. I crave those early days where I would get paired up against a Gold 4 whose strongest fighter was a partially upgraded nat dia and their base completely lacked catalysts. Everything was much simpler back then, and I have to admit I'm more than a little salty that someone whose collection is that lacking can race to the top and camp there because their collection is too weak for them to get paired against someone who could show them what being Gold ranked really means.

Might fall back down to Silver 2 this week though, unfortunately. Last week I lost 4 of 5 matches, and this week both my matches have been against the same person, who has a really well built rift defense (Scratching Post MnF with support Vals, boss node is AG / LC / Bio all with marquees, Blockbusted catalyst spam, y'all know the type of rift I'm talking about), yet is somehow lower ranked than I am. Even though I didn't even manage to finish their rift the first time, the matchmaking system decided to pair us up again anyways so screw me I guess. Looks like I'm headed back down to the lower ranks unless the matchmaking decides to pitch me some softballs for the rest of the week.

Speaking of getting paired with the same person multiple times in quick succession, that really grinds my gears. All the matches of those pairings tend to have the same results, which is always really frustrating for the loser, especially if there's a big power gap involved. My one win last week was against someone who lost two matches to me the previous week, which has to be incredibly aggravating. Like, after a second loss in quick succession or a loss by a large gap the system shouldn't pair those two people up again for at least two weeks or so, to give time for leveling chars or a base rework.

I only tend to do the minimum 5 matches per week because of how sketchy the matchmaking is, and how if you lose a match it was totally not worth it to participate unless you're trying to meet that quota. If you try and do extra matches and you lose and go down in points, not only was it not worth it to participate, you've actively damaged your rift rating by trying. The minuscule rewards per battle at Rookie/Bronze/Silver are not worth that risk since the cutoffs are so close together, especially now that gifts give more rift coins on a daily basis than a single rift battle. (This isn't a problem with gifts btw, it's a problem with the way rift rewards are balanced.)

TLDR: Rift matchmaking makes me mad. Extra battles aren't worth the effort/time/risk. I'm salty. Nothing new here.

Don't get me wrong though; At it's best, when you've got a truly fair matchup with an interesting and well built base and your win/loss ratio is decent and you're a safe distance from the closest rank cutoff, Rift can be fun! Even if you lose! I was having a wonderful time with it for a while, up until last week when everything started falling apart and I got a long string of bad matchups that pushed me down into the danger zone. Things need to change in order for it to really be fun without that long string of qualifying statements though, and I love hearing folks talk about potential changes that could make it better. Stuff like Attacker/Catalyst Diversity to undermine the strategies that boil down to 'spam the most OP combo available on every node', and reward rebalances to genuinely reward effort/engagement so that even a lost match was worth the effort it took to attempt it.

Last edited:
I started out placing diamond 4 and have stayed in Diamond 4 for the majority of my time, held diamond 3 for a few weeks, fell to gold 2 for a week. And im still in diamond 4.

I guess overall I can say my experience is just, how powerful can my characters go? At the diamond level everyone has full diamond bases of course, so it comes down to who has the most coins to spend on moves to gain better attack% to win quicker, and more efficiently and with the piercing stat, it really can be difficult to make a strong base. I am now stuck using jawbreaker, harelequin, SG, for every boss node because it's the strat that gets it done quickly.

When it comes to bases, it can get stale pretty fast. Almost everyone I face has a Blue screen node and either a triple painwheel buer or triple squigly node with return to sender or specifically a double eliza pharamones on the bleed node. But I guess that's just character viability.

I think what the most frustrating things to me is getting matched with opponents 150+ rift rating difference. Yeah sure there's a pretty big incentive to participate but more often that not it really is gonna be a one sided win because the difference in power is too great. And I'm sure not many people like fighting an opponent that's impossible to beat. But when I match with opponents near my rating, it's fun! Because it is a how do I manage my fighters efficiently? What can I change?

I will look forward to see how this changes in future updates!

Pffsh, I just visit the rift and let myself lose each time to get the weekly rewards! I won't be dealing with any suffering! It's a win-win! x3

I stopped playing rift many months ago when I fell out of Diamond. Since then I’ve just been letting my rank decay from inactivity. I’ve only just now hit Silver 1.