• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

"ROUGH COPY" - Strategy and Discussion

BallotBoxer

Reaction score
RC.jpg
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

ROUGH COPY FUKUA
Element:
Air
Variant: Bronze
Palette: default
First Appearance: 4.2 (Mar. 2020)
Demo: https://twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1237565351463809024

Signature Ability
LIKE-MINDED

• Any teammate below 50% HEALTH gains permanent HASTE when facing an opponent with the same ELEMENT.
  • Any teammate below 50% HEALTH inflicts permanent SLOW when facing an opponent of the same CHARACTER TYPE.
The blockbuster, Goodnight Kiss, appears to have two debuff properties. It inflicts one stack of WITHER and FATIGUE.
Wither = remove 5% blockbuster meter per second
Fatigue = countdown to STUN (kind of like DOOM is a countdown to death)

What do you think is her SA? What do you think the new debuff, Fatigue, does?

Last edited:
Just asked about this on the speculation thread - since it wouldn't make sense to have two stuns, Fatigue may just slow down movements?

Just asked about this on the speculation thread - since it wouldn't make sense to have two stuns, Fatigue may just slow down movements?

and if fatigue ... prevents the opponent from blocking hits ... in the video it was not very clear what he does ...

Possible Fatigue (zZz) effects (in ascending order or unlikeliness):
  • Disables dashing
  • Disables blocking (too overpowered!)
  • Slows character framerate like they are moving in slow-motion
  • Dampens Resistance and other secondary stats
  • Weakens buff effectiveness and shortens duration
  • Your tapping fingers IRL become numb and sluggish
  • Your device battery drains by 30%

Note that there was also a Perma-Slow applied to Star-Crossed the same moment Ivy League got Perma-Haste. It was not appplied when Fukua got her Haste though, and was removed after Ivy's defeat... These interactions seem kinda complex.

I am pretty sure that Fatigue effect was part of the projectile BB, and "Goodnight Kiss" is the name of that BB (I don't know the exact move names in SG 2nd Encore, so might be wrong). Then SA should be "Like-Minded". IMO, the most logical thing for Fatigue would be to disable dashes.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
To note a few things:

1. Fukua gains permanent Haste when health dropped below 50% - "LIKE-MINDED" appears (very likely name for Rough Copy's SA)

2. Ivy League threw a Tear which caused Slow (from Ivy League's own SA)

3. Ivy League gained permanent Haste when health dropped below 50%, but also inflicts permanent Slow to the opponent - "LIKE-MINDED" appears on BOTH Ivy League's side and Star-Crossed's side

upload_2020-3-11_21-40-59.png

4. Fukua uses a BB and then inflicted Wither and Fatigue - "GOODNIGHT KISS" appears on Star-Crossed's side

Like @Disasterrr19 , I think Goodnight Kiss is simply the name of the BB and it inflicts both Wither and Fatigue. There's a move in the SG wiki where one of the BB is called "Blown Kiss". Description is:

"Shamone spits out a big ball of energy at the opponent that hits multiple times. The trajectory of the projectile when used in the air depends on which two punch buttons are pressed."

I think this is the Mobile's version of that move?

Also, my guess on Rough Copy's SA is as follows:

LIKE-MINDED
Gain permanent Haste when any of your fighter's HP drop below 50%
Also inflict permanent copy of all debuffs the opponent is suffering. Permanent debuffs are removed when a fighter is defeated.

There's a reason why Ivy threw that Tear. And "LIKE-MINDED" appeared on the opponent's side this time, which it didn't when it was Fukua.

Another possibility: it simply inflicts permanent SLOW when the opponent is suffering a debuff.

This would turn Rough Copy specificialy into a control support whereas my original guess would make her into a general debuff support.

It's also worth pointing out that Fukua's remaining scratch damage doesn't disappear when she tags back in! So, you can't force a tag out then a tag in to nullify her Character Ability.

Also, I think Fatigue could potentially affect special move charge times, but we can't tell since the Star Crossed doesn't have any equipped.

Base on the new Fukua variant video (internal twin) maybe fatigue inflict stun when it timer end, if so any Fukua that can inflict Fatigue will be S tier in Rift, and also Chaos MA Double. The only counter to that is Immunity taunt, or Silent Kill.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Base on the new Fukua variant video (internal twin) maybe fatigue inflict stun when it timer end, if so any Fukua that can inflict Fatigue will be S tier in Rift, and also Chaos MA Double. The only counter to that is Immunity taunt, or Silent Kill.
Or Doublicious

I watched back through the new silver video to figure out how her clone ability is triggered, and since there's no sort of button on screen and no BB/SM is used that means it's activated via touch. It's a cool ability but will it be an issue like Flight Risk where the time it takes to activate (plus, in this case, sacrificing health) isn't worth it? It seems the difference from the video is that Fukua's clone could be used within a combo, so hey, maybe there won't be an issue. Guess we'll see.

I already had another impression ... from what I noticed the clone is activated by the SM ... but the SM only restarts when the opponent is hit by it ... while this is draining your life ... I think that is why the characteristic skill of fukua is that all damage is received as a scratch.

Edit:your SM works just like Vial Hazard from Valentine ... click once to load another one to use ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Disasterrr19
I already had another impression ... from what I noticed the clone is activated by the SM ... but the SM only restarts when the opponent is hit by it ... while this is draining your life ... I think that is why the characteristic skill of fukua is that all damage is received as a scratch.

Edit:your SM works just like Vial Hazard from Valentine ... click once to load another one to use ...
You're right, I missed that. Then I suppose it'll resemble Sekhmet more than the other character abilities. Puts me at ease because the theoretical mechanics otherwise sounded like a nightmare.

Updated first post with official SA data:
Signature Ability
LIKE-MINDED

• Any teammate below 50% HEALTH gains permanent HASTE when facing an opponent with the same ELEMENT.
  • Any teammate below 50% HEALTH inflicts permanent SLOW when facing an opponent of the same CHARACTER TYPE.
Rough Copy Fukua appears to be so Support class, you'd think she was a Valentine or Peacock. Any ideas how to get the most out of these meter manipulating powers?

BTW, this info comes from qlimax_'s Fukua video, check it out!

Reactions: stale cheeto
Not one of my favorites. I think every fighter should have one SA that works every time and the other SA be more situational or tricky to pull off. As far as I see it she sucks.

A somewhat unpopular opinion of mine (I think), I feel that every fighter no matter the rank should have a good/decent SA. We always hear about cold stones, beatbox, and the bleeders, why can’t other bronzes shape up? I’m really itching for the next fighter rework.

I suppose the idea is unique but I think it could be rethought. Maybe change the buffs and debuffs to somthing more meaningful, or add a second debuff.

A support Fukua for very niche situations. She might not need a rework if her SA helped her and not just her teammates. Until then, she will be on the bench with the other four unanimously voted as lowest tier in offense and defense in every mode.

Low-tier crew:
Rough Copy Fukua
Decrypted Eliza
Nearly Departed Squigly
Scrub Valentine