• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

"SHADOW PUPPET" - Strategy and Discussion

cappatacus

Reaction score
Screenshot_2020-03-23-21-48-09-1.png
SHADOW PUPPET

Rarity: Diamond

Signature Ability (speculative):
CHAOS CONTROL

SA1: Upon death, revive and stop time until Fukua hits the opponent.
SA2: Also gain 5 stacks of MIASMA.

My Thoughts:

Holy hell. This is...terrifying. And so creative. Imagine this on defense! A guaranteed hit from the opponent, plus an ability equating to Bio Exorcist on steroids. Goodness. I am so excited for this release. Just...damn. This is so good. Hex or precision, maybe curse, will be a MUST fighting against her. Now to see what sort of nightmarish Marquee Abilities will sweeten the pot.

Side note -- this totally should have been Stand Out's SA. Just change the title to ZA WARUDO! There, Stand Out fixed.

Last edited:
This is insane. Oh god.

1. Kinda stunned to see a Shadow the Hedgehog pick when I've been waiting for a Decapre. Without Decapre, Fukua wouldn't exist. In my mind, Decapre is a Fukua requirement.
2. You're right, this should be Stand Out's SA. Much more Dio than some health and buff trickery
3. During the demonstration video (https://twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1242247419112415233) she does two Breakdowns (taunts) after "dying" to Cold Stones. If the SA is already granting 5 stacks of Miasma, why taunt twice? (one will recall the Breakdown taunt was shown to grant one stack of Miasma in the Infernal Twin demo)

If I recall, she gains some health back when she taunts too. So maybe for that?

Reactions: cappatacus
If I recall, she gains some health back when she taunts too. So maybe for that?
That's correct, she does regain health; not just Shadow, but other variants as well. Interesting....

1. Kinda stunned to see a Shadow the Hedgehog pick when I've been waiting for a Decapre. Without Decapre, Fukua wouldn't exist. In my mind, Decapre is a Fukua requirement.

Let's protest

Reactions: Big Bep Bep
Confirmed. Breakdown grants 15 seconds of MIASMA and a regain of 5% HEALTH. Source: qlimax_ early-access Fukua video

And I had to include a link to Xenon's (キセノン) fantastic comic showing of Jojo-themed variants reacting to Shadow Puppet
https://twitter.com/184nX/status/1242407388616916992

I'm excited to see all the kinds of time-stop setups players can do with this crazy Fukua variant. Perhaps more fascinating, what the A.I. comes up with when she is left on defense.

Right so.. There's more to her than the time stop!

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Uh-oh, your image is busted. Perhaps try uploading instead of hyperlinking?

The Skullgirls Mobile Wiki says this about her SA:

CHAOS CONTROL
SA1

??/??/5% chance on HIT to reset the timers of all Fukua's BUFFS and all opponent DEBUFFS.

SA2
Once per match when suffering a HIT that would be fatal, freeze time for ??/??/7 seconds and gain 5 stacks of MIASMA for ??/??/7 seconds. Time resumes if Fukua attacks.

SP.jpg
^here's a clear view of the card

Oof that's odd. Thanks @BallotBoxer for the notice. Here's the image:

Attachments

• thumbnail_Screenshot_20200325-182031_Skullgirls.jpg
    thumbnail_Screenshot_20200325-182031_Skullgirls.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: fanghoul
Her SA1 is similar to CnO in the reset debuff timer part, but 3% nad presume 5% when max is too low to be reliable

Her SA1 is similar to CnO in the reset debuff timer part, but 3% nad presume 5% when max is too low to be reliable
With how strong her SA2 is, it's for the best if her SA1 is a little on the weaker side.

if i triger her sa2 mid air. she will immeditly attack when she drops down and time resumes, annnnd my fighter drops to defence pose. this makes her sa2 completely useless.

Reactions: TonyPartridge30
Here's my overall thoughts on Shadow Puppet.

Overall I really enjoy playing with her a lot. She ties in stats with Djinn Frizz, therefore she also has the second highest attack stat in the game. Likewise, she will be prone to sweep most teams with relative ease, with the addition of Fukua's L5 being low combo, making her viable for Futile Resistance for example.

The buff and debuff reset SA sounds somewhat overwhelming due to its 5% proc chance, but it's fairly balanced thanks to Fukua's high combo potential. For one to try and take benefit from it, it goes without saying that having moves capable of debuffing or buffing, or just carrying a support like Surgeon General or Pea Shooter is required to get the most out of it. Being able to reset buffs and debuffs is awesome, but not very feasable on rifts. She beats Claw N Order by not requiring crit rate to reset, therefore being capable on using the SA with That's All Folks around, but otherwise Claw's odds just scale up higher (without crit investment it's about 10% chance).

But by far the biggest selling point to Shadow is the time stopping SA, and it's alright. Just think of a second wind fighter like Necrobreaker or Robocopy, but can also stop time. It's mostly a fancy lifesaver, which does need very careful play, otherwise you might waste the Miasma gained. That's why I highly reccomend to run either Twice Shy or Inevitable Snuggle. Also, be careful not to make an attack on accident, since that cancels the time stopping. One last thing, if the AI killed you with a regular BB, you won't be able to use one yourself if the opponent's is still active. Most common example would be Big Band's Super Sonic Jazz: dying midway the attack will still keep it active leaving you for dead.

As a whole, Shadow does require a lot of careful play, because despite having a safety net in case of recklessness, it's not a guaranteed life extension. But if you can adjust to her respective settings, she can be a very strong fighter.

So in a twist of irony I pulled a Shadow Puppet today. It's ironic because I was just laughing at how funny she is on defense. What normally happens is I kill her with a multi-hit projectile so even when she goes to hit me after dying, she gets smacked and dies immediately. From what I gather, she sounds like she's made for defense but is most useful in offense. (Especially in the hands of someone who knows how to use her). I'm not sure if it's a good idea for me to invest in her though.