• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

"Rain Shadow" Fukua - Strategy and Discussion

Lililira

Reaction score
Rain Shadow
Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 1.30.04 PM.png
Twitter Post: https://twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1238250878508859393

Rarity: Silver
Element: Water
SG2E Palette: #11,
reference to Rain from Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

SA: Phantom Rains
1: 15% chance when landing a BLOCKED HIT to inflict ARMOR BREAK and POWER SURGE for 10 / 12 / 15 seconds each.
2: After 5 seconds while on Fukua's side of the stage and while not STUNNED, opponents lose all current BUFFS and suffer FATIGUE for 15 / 12 / 10 seconds.

Thoughts:
- Seems like a pretty solid fighter. Fatigue might make it easy to stun-lock opponents into an infinite combo once you've got the timing down.
- Seems like she's a Water fighter due to her reference, rather than a Dark fighter due to her colors. Makes sense since a lot of Fukua's SG2E palettes are purple, which would make for a lot of Darks if their element was based solely on colors. Also, now I'm pretty sure we're gonna get the Falco palette as a Wind, since Fukua doesn't have very many green palettes in SG2E.
- Two purple palettes so far. I hope SG2E's original palette #3 makes it in somehow, despite being another purple.

Last edited:
Found a screenshot:
Screenshot_20200325-082345_Skullgirls.jpg

Reactions: Kontol Kuda
That's... quite the screenshot, lol.

Updated the first post with her actual SAs. She looks like she'll be an extremely effective buff remover, definitely worth upgrading.

Her stats maxed out at level 40, no MA are 1,835 Attack and 9,702 HP, and an overall fight score of 3,528.

As someone with a lot of silvers, this puts her stats a bit lower than I like, below a number of evolved bronzes. I haven't really had the chance to evaluate or figure out her too far though, so maybe that doesn't matter much. There's definitely characters that outperform their stats. It's not like all Double's are bad.

I find her SA a little awkward so far to use on offense, just because Fukua's particular powers seem to be very good at pushing forward into the opposing corner, and punching into someone's blocks is typically a mistake. Or maybe I haven't figured out how to use her yet. It could be either.

If it weren't for her stats, I would think she might be a tempting defense option too. Landing fatigue and removing buffs seem like they could be an annoying combo there too.

Reactions: ZeoW and Lililira
She's definitely meant for Defense. Fighting her would be annoying since you need to stay in your side of the stage most of the time to prevent the Fatigue (and Immune won't help you either since it'll get removed!). Furthermore, assuming I'm understanding this correctly, her first SA means you can be inflicted with Armor Break and Power Surge while you're blocking from the AI's hits. Also, being a Water element makes her viable for Frost Armor (arguably the best catalyst atm).

Furthermore, assuming I'm understanding this correctly, her first SA means you can be inflicted with Armor Break and Power Surge while you're blocking from the AI's hits.
Wait, do I understand correctly that blocking her L5 can put 5 stacks of Power Surge on you right away? What's the chance when maxed?

DDoS Robos just cry in the corner...

Wait, do I understand correctly that blocking her L5 can put 5 stacks of Power Surge on you right away? What's the chance when maxed?

DDoS Robos just cry in the corner...

It's still 15%, it's just applied for 15 seconds instead of 10.

maxed out SAs
SA1: 15% chance when landing a BLOCKED HIT to inflict ARMOR BREAK and POWER SURGE for 15 seconds each
SA2: After 5 seconds while on Fukua's side of the stage and while not STUNNED, opponents lose all current BUFFS and suffer FATIGUE for 10 seconds.

It's still 15%, it's just applied for 15 seconds instead of 10.

maxed out SAs
SA1: 15% chance when landing a BLOCKED HIT to inflict ARMOR BREAK and POWER SURGE for 15 seconds each
SA2: After 5 seconds while on Fukua's side of the stage and while not STUNNED, opponents lose all current BUFFS and suffer FATIGUE for 10 seconds.

Thank you! i've updated the first post with this info.

Do you remember if the middle stage is 12 or 13 seconds?