• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

How Are Fighters Considered 'Good' in Comp Versus?

Rudølf

Reaction score
Is it more of a who gets the highest combo count? Who gets to touch who first? Ooor does it completely rely on their kit (if i even know what that means)?

I think the characters that are easier to create combos are better ... since you can't count on buff and debuff ... so I use Valentine, Robo Fortune and Big Band ... which are easy characters to play. .. highlighting the Big Band, you can easily pin the opponent to the corner of the screen...

I see, so that's why the grapplers—cough cough—are at the bottom of the list... ;w;

By the way, do all characters have the same stats or are they balanced depending on their type (like Painwheel having high ATK, low hp)?

I may be mistaken ... but there seems to be
a difference from one to the other ... small but there is ...

unfortunately we can't have 'real' grapplers in sgm-pvp because of the limited input,therefore you have all those grab limitations like can't grab on wakeup or set up an early grab situation.I consider good characters for pvp, the characters with the most variable kits under their belt ,i.e they can zone or get close and pressure like parasoul but also the extremes like only zoning( peacock) or only pressure(big band).

Tbh with practice and patience i think you can make every single one of the cast work in pvp.

Reactions: Rudølf
Would you guys prefer if grapplers have the exemption of grabs on wake up though?

Would you guys prefer if grapplers have the exemption of grabs on wake up though?
I think it could work ,but it will definetely change the tier list by moving grapplers way up. It's not impossible to bait grabs ,high mobility characters can shimmy and bait lots of stuff. The only thing that bothers me is lag tbh, wake up grabs would be totally broken if u add the lag factor in the equation.

Also i was never a grappler guy most of the characters i choose are high mobility,so yeah giving them wake up grabs wouldn't bother me ,because i think it would add another level of thinking to your usual playstyle.

Okay wake up grabs exemption for grapplers might be too overpowered... Maybe something like them having a halved cooldown for grabbing again?

And besides, our grapplers, Cereberella and Beowulf, have their own flaws to pull them down the high tier, those being mobility (for Cerebella) and combo count (for Beowulf). Please buff the grapplers ;w;

Reactions: TraiP
Okay wake up grabs exemption for grapplers might be too overpowered... Maybe something like them having a halved cooldown for grabbing again?

And besides, our grapplers, Cereberella and Beowulf, have their own flaws to pull them down the high tier, those being mobility (for Cerebella) and combo count (for Beowulf). Please buff the grapplers ;w;
Hmmm, that would be an interesting improvement for our grapplers ! I can't say much about beo, as you know I don't have much knowledge on his style(insert wulfpack joke ;) ), but for Bella that would make her an interesting opponent to fight.Bella as a bruiser has low combo count but her BBs take away a lot of guard meter, also some of her SMs, same as beo, compensate for their mobility,combine those with a lower grab activation timer it will definitely make PvP matches much more interesting!

I don't know, I think you should just play the ones you enjoy playing. If you're more comfortable with Beowulf and know him better, you'll be better with Beowulf, no matter what, I don't think the differences of "tier" are severe enough to have to bother with thoughts of "who is the most efficient".
Personally I'll stick with my beloved top 3, Eliza, Peacock and Robo Fortune, no matter what :D

Is it more of a who gets the highest combo count? Who gets to touch who first? Ooor does it completely rely on their kit (if i even know what that means)?
So what is considered good in comp is basically a combination of ToD potential (or the ability to kill the opponent with one combo) and the ability to win neutral with their kit. I'll use two characters as examples of a good character and a bad character. Squigly is a good character because she has ToD potential against the entire cast and also has options for winning neutral, such as intercept Silver Chord and guard breaks with Inferno of Leviathan and so on. Filia (a character that I have a guilty pleasure of using btw) is a bad character because she only has ToD potential against lightweights, she has no good guard break setups, and she only has one very risky frame trap she can use.

This was a really old post, and ever since then I kind of learned who's good the hard way XD

But appreciated! c: