• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

"Chameleon Twist" Fukua - Strategies and Discussion

Lililira

Reaction score
Chameleon Twist
Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 8.50.34 PM.png
Rarity: Silver
Element: Wind
SG2E Palette: #12,
reference to Reptile from Mortal Kombat

SA: Acid Reflex
1: Gain MIASMA for 5 seconds when HITTING a DASHING opponent.
2: 5% chance when HIT while a BLOCKBUSTER is charged to gain EVASION and MIASMA for 5 seconds.

My Thoughts:
- She's going to be a very strong attacker with her self-healing abilities, and probably pretty great on defense as well since she can Evade to slip out of combos and then gain Miasma and heal herself while dishing out damage.
- It makes sense that the new buff Miasma is based around healing since Fukua's clones drain her health, but again I worry that it's going to be too powerful; like Bio-Exorcist on steroids.
- All the Fukuas are looking very strong so far, I wonder how staff is going to top these when we get to the Golds and Diamonds.

Last edited:
It seems like she gains Miasma not from starting a combo but from intercepting the opponent. If that's the case, it does reduce the theoretical effectiveness of CT on defense. I was originally worried about Miasma being too OP, but if it's controlled via risk/reward, then I don't think it will be an issue.

Edit: Is she dabbing? Am I crazy? Is that intentional? Devs please respond

Reactions: Lililira and ZeoW
I think you're right! After giving it another look, she does only gain Miasma when intercepting a dash, and not when she starts a combo after evading out of an enemy combo.

It seems as though Miasma also drains meter
Good eye - it's slow but it does drain meter!

It's going to be interesting to see the availability of a buff like this. Double will have access immediately via her taunt or Jawbreaker, but everyone else? My thoughts are that this would be given to Eliza, Squigly, Double, maybe Valentine...but if the buff is worked into SAs and not just moves, will it make Bio-Exorcist knock offs?

A bit of a tangent, I just find this buff interesting. I'm sure the devs can balance it the same way they balanced Thorns, though.

Reactions: Sh3t
Yep, it sure does!

Looking back at Infernal Twin's promo where it was first shown, I think we might've got some things mixed up.

Miasma slowly drains Health and Meter, but does not grant healing based on damage dealt. What *is* granting that chunk healing is actually the BB2 she uses: Inevitable Struggle. I'm going to go back and update Infernal's post to add that in there.

IMG_3742.jpg

SA: Acid Reflex
1: Gain MIASMA for 5 seconds when HITTING a DASHING opponent.
2: 5% chance when HIT while a BLOCKBUSTER is charged to gain EVASION and MIASMA for 5 seconds.

I got her yesterday, is she only useful for defensive or can she be used also as offensive character?

I got her yesterday, is she only useful for defensive or can she be used also as offensive character?

I don't have one yet, but Miasma is a pretty powerful buff that lets you fill your blockbusters faster, and bleeds your opponent while bypassing bleed defenses, and hitting a dashing opponent is not too hard a requirement when you're playing on offense, so she can probably serve you decently well in that role. Of the silver Fukua's, she'd actually be one of my preferred ones to have for that reason.

Souls Sister looks a bit better on paper, but I'm wary that "far away" is something that's been hard to achieve in practice in the past in this game, and to fight far away requires a very specific move set. Getting that move set is going to take a long time to find.

My Rain Shadow is good enough for me to get by, but I would probably throw her in a fire in a second for this character.

Last edited:
Reactions: foussi
Oki
So I did alot of fights with her and her SA 1 is kinda projectile dependant, well to safely trigger it without getting hit by the opponent.

She also does surprisingly well without her SA. Pair her with Peashooter and rip the enemies.

Oki
So I did alot of fights with her and her SA 1 is kinda projectile dependant, well to safely trigger it without getting hit by the opponent.

She also does surprisingly well without her SA. Pair her with Peashooter and rip the enemies.
SOULS SISTER is way better than her