• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Running SGM on a formatted SD Card?

TraiP

Reaction score
Hello there !
I don't know if general discussion is the proper place to ask, but as the title says, I'm planning to buy an A1 class 10 SD card that will be then formatted as internal storage,my phone has eMMC (don't know the version). Has anyone tried something like that ? Do you think it will work?

I'm mostly concerned about the game's performance.

I'm mostly concerned about the game's performance.
I believe that Skullgirls (and other games) run poorly when it's reading data off external storage. Skullgirls' high resolution art decompression is only able to run on phones because we leverage the SSD to access data quickly. I believe that if you're reading from an SD Card, things may slow to a crawl, unless technology for reading off an SSD like SD card which is being used as external storage is just as fast as the SSD!

We had reports of issues related to internal storage in the past, but it's hard to say how it will run.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diony and TraiP
Thanks for the quick reply Liam! I appreciate it !

I believe that if you're reading from an SD Card, things may slow to a crawl, unless technology for reading off an SSD like SD card which is being used as external storage is just as fast as the SSD!.

Yeap, SD cards still can't reach the IOPS of the internal storage, that's why I was hesitant about it. SInce I don't want to compromise my gameplay quality I'll avoid using SD.