• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other New ideas to hold us over until the new character

rexturtle1120

Reaction score
Hi! I’m well aware at This point in time we have just gotten Fukua as our latest fighter and well are currently experiencing a pandemic, these are just some ideas for later on in the year while we eagerly wait for new characters. The devs are very hard working and they’ve always given us plenty of exciting additions to the game. I will be satisfied for a long time with the addition of Fukua and other things, I just wanted to write some ideas down I’ve been thinking of.
Alright!

Missions

First off I think it would be great if we could get some new missions. Completing the same missions over and over again is fun but can be a little mundane sometimes. Here’s some mission ideas:

1: Use a combination of gold bronze silver and diamond fighters
2: Use a combination of elements
3: beat a Match while suffering a certain debuff or buff
4: take out an opponent in a certain number of hits
5: Win consecutive rounds
6: Take a fighter to max or get a specific number of experience
7: earn a specific number of coins
8: complete story star challenges
9: complete origin story’s
10: complete story’s or events on certain difficulty’s
11: 100% complete an event on a certain difficulty
12: use diamond fighter (if this mission doesn’t already exist)

Maybe if you complete all four of your missions for about 5 days (not consecutive, you can skip days and still qualify) you can have an opportunity to try an even bigger mission for more theonite. Just an idea. I think the only missions that wouldn’t work would be spend a certain number of coins or theonite, The coin part would be way too easy to fulfill anyway. It’s just not a fun mission.

Old fighters SA and SA restorations

The developers have been really great with this one I feel, but hey, why not go over it anyway. With the introduction of new buffs and debuffs a lot of the old fighters could use some love. The developers have done this twice now I think but some of the changes fighters weren’t really better after the change, some were worse. For example:

Eliza Decrypted!
Her old SA2 gave you the ability to turn 3 of the enemy’s buffs to bleed. Her new SA2 gives Eliza more power against enemy’s with buffs. I get the change, Eliza Decryted is a really weak fighter,(as she should be she’s a bronze) but the removal of her bleed ability just made her an even weaker fighter, at least in my opinion. There are so many challenges in the game that players could benefit having Decrypteds old SA2 for, with the added bonus of investing in a more overlooked fighter paying off.

Cerebella Understudy
Many people have commented on how her new SA has really made her worse then before. Her new SA focus specifically on throws and throws alone.I don’t use her as much as I did when I first started playing so I can’t really remember a damage difference, but the point still stands.

Eliza Scarlet fever(?)
Another fighter whose name I can’t remember
I feel like giving this Eliza bleed of all debuffs without a proper way to heal herself really isn’t helpful. I know her taunt gives her regen but it’s often not enough to offset the bleed in my opinion. I recognize that there’s a silver painwheel fighter that gives bleed to herself, but she also applys heavy bleed to the opponent, not just regular bleed. Painwheel is also quick to gain and apply heavy bleeds. While Eliza needing to go into sehkmet form is a little slow. Even the squiggly fighter who applies debuffs to herself gets a greater advantage for it. In short I feel that maybe Eliza Scarlet fever(?) should be inflicted with a different debuff or maybe have a chance to turn debuffs into short regens?

Parasite weave (is that the gold red Fillia fighter)
Could also use an SA adjustment. She went from over powered to pretty meh.

I’ll add more later, sorry I’m not so good with the names of every fighter, it’s funny to think of how many ones we have now. But it’s also sad to think that the bronze fighters either have average SAs or really specific ones that aren’t very helpful.

New Bronze fighters

Silver got it! Let’s get some more bronzes. I know that they’re weaker and people like me will just complain. But we get so many bronze fighters, it would be nice to see some new ones.

New buffs and debuffs
Of course you guys have already thought of these and There’s no need for any till the new fighter. But here’s some ideas anyway.

1: time stopper, only the timer stops not the fighters, obviously this is more like a catalyst on a fight cause people might abuse it, but it’s still a cool idea for people like me who cut a little too close to the time sometimes.
2: Slip. the inflicted fighter keep getting knocked down. Maybe randomly, maybe linked to specific movements, I dunno
3: Repel , every attack knocks the opponent back, I don’t know if this is a Buff or a debuff, or maybe the opponent gets launched back if they try to attack you close distance.
4: Lottery, some sort of small coin earning catalyst prize fight challenge, where you can earn like 1000-5000 coins a per fight, if you have a certain number of Health. Obviously couldn’t be in a SA cause it could be abused very very easily

That’s all for now, I didn’t have any good names that came to mind for those buffs/debuffs at he moment. Maybe you can think of some.

In game prize fight leaderboard results

I imagine there could be some sort of record room with all this data just to see what the top scores are for players who don’t know about the forums (for some reason). This is no necessity and I don’t know if anyone would even like this but it’s a thought. Might be hard to implement anyway. Instead of leader boards he records room could show how many fights you’ve completed and coins live earned and spent and how many fighters you’ve gotten, since he introduction of the records room. Cool stuff like that. I guess that would fall under profile as well.

Timeless mode.

I get why the timers there and I think it does it’s job very well. I think it would be nice to have mode with extra difficult or armored fighters that take time to grind down. Some of these opponents would be invincible to bleed and the like to make them harder to beat.

Of course achievements guilds new fighters and etc are important too but the devs are well aware of all those things.

That’s it for now. I realize that I’ve made a number of mistakes and have messed up on some names, but I’ll be sure to edit this in the coming days. So what do you guys think, have any ideas? Once again I really appreciate all the hard work the devs do and this is in no way me saying that I am impatient because the devs have been very generous- probably some of the best devs for one of the best Mobile games- so once again thanks for all the hard work you guys do. You’ve truly made an amazing game with a great community. Alright, see you guys later!

Last edited:
I still advocate for palette customization down the line! you'd have to grind for it but I think adding more aesthetic customization is always a big bonus in games, people love customizing and making their look unique to them! Gives incentive for the long run for them to go "Hey! look at my collection! I'm an individual!" (Fighter cards are like top tier weapons in TF2, great! But a lot of people always use them, which is why they brought in hats to make people feel unique)

I'd expect based on the pre-made skins in the game but if all colors could be customizable under special circumstances that'd just be incredible (Like a super rare variant). My partner who plays this game too said that if that was an option they already decided it'd be one of my OC's, they're so sweet.

Only if there's a suggested toggle to turn it off for opponents and it's kept to more special occasions, of course. Like say competitive versus is hard turned off but free-for-all it's okay?

I'm loving these suggestions!! I couldn't agree with you more about Parasite Weave. She used to be so OP and then got a serious nerf to the point she's not very useful to invest in anymore. Better fighters means more people want to invest, which means more money spent and more money for the game in the long run.

On a bit of a side note, nerfing fighters is somewhat unfair to players. Imagine you heavily invested in a fighter and they were your main this whole time but suddenly they get nerfed and it's like you wasted all this time and resources. It would be better to make fighters that counteract the OPness of a fighter rather than just ruining the fighter for everyone. Just my two cents.

I'm also glad to see they took one of your suggestions and added a bit of a time stopper element to the game with the Shadow Fukua! That's pretty sweet!

Reactions: rexturtle1120
I'm loving these suggestions!! I couldn't agree with you more about Parasite Weave. She used to be so OP and then got a serious nerf to the point she's not very useful to invest in anymore. Better fighters means more people want to invest, which means more money spent and more money for the game in the long run.

On a bit of a side note, nerfing fighters is somewhat unfair to players. Imagine you heavily invested in a fighter and they were your main this whole time but suddenly they get nerfed and it's like you wasted all this time and resources. It would be better to make fighters that counteract the OPness of a fighter rather than just ruining the fighter for everyone. Just my two cents.

I'm also glad to see they took one of your suggestions and added a bit of a time stopper element to the game with the Shadow Fukua! That's pretty sweet!
Hey thanks! With all the new buffs and debuffs available in the game today, I feel like parasite weave could get her old SA back and be fine. There’s so many new ways to counteract debuffs or stun, it’s great. They did the Fukua time stop before I suggested the idea, but it’s something thats been on my mind and some other players minds for some time now. Especially since every fight is only three minutes. Which is good and I totally understand why that is, it would be nice to get some more time though.

Hey thanks! With all the new buffs and debuffs available in the game today, I feel like parasite weave could get her old SA back and be fine. There’s so many new ways to counteract debuffs or stun, it’s great. They did the Fukua time stop before I suggested the idea, but it’s something thats been on my mind and some other players minds for some time now. Especially since every fight is only three minutes. Which is good and I totally understand why that is, it would be nice to get some more time though.

Timed matches are a funny thing. I've certainly had my share of frustrating moments where I was so close to vistory but timed out anyway. Having defense teams put in the game really helped ease player frustration with being timed out because now those fighters can be much more useful. But I would argue that it's difficult to level those fighters up because they need to be paired with a hard hitter in order to win within 3 minutes and get exp. Even then, you get less exp than normal because you share it with the hard hitter fighter. So having untimed matches would help level those fighter faster.
It would also help early to middle game players have better defense teams since the only ones who have the time and resources for good defense teams are later game players at this point.
Untimed matches could be a good addition to training mode as well. Great post!

On the topic of new debuffs( I think this following one is more like a modifier), I'd like to propose one:

Turtle-out: if a fighter keeps turtling past a certain period of time, the fighter automatically tags out.

Reactions: rexturtle1120
On the topic of new debuffs( I think this following one is more like a modifier), I'd like to propose one:

Turtle-out: if a fighter keeps turtling past a certain period of time, the fighter automatically tags out.
Excellent idea! You can never have too many modifiers, heh heh...:confused: Besides, I think it’s about time the regular prize fights got new modifiers. Or at least a rotation every other prize fight for that specific character.

To clarify for anyone who doesn’t know, ‘turtling’ is when you block the whole match to preserve HP, after you’ve done some damage to the opponent to make your higher. In Skullgirls 2nd encore, you can turtle the whole match till you time out and win with more Heath. This is prevented in Skullgirls Mobile pvp with the block meter.

Reactions: Robokit
Excellent idea! You can never have too many modifiers, heh heh...:confused: Besides, I think it’s about time the regular prize fights got new modifiers. Or at least a rotation every other prize fight for that specific character.

To clarify for anyone who doesn’t know, ‘turtling’ is when you block the whole match to preserve HP, after you’ve done some damage to the opponent to make your higher. In Skullgirls 2nd encore, you can turtle the whole match till you time out and win with more Heath. This is prevented in Skullgirls Mobile pvp with the block meter.
I'd say the only issue I have with this suggestion is Xeno because thats essentially how i play her :oops:
But otherwise that would certainly be an interesting mod!
Speaking of fight mods, is it just me or are they less consistent? For example my xeno won't always inflict doom when she turns to a dark element. (There are other examples my brain is just mush right now so it can only remember one haha.)

I'd say the only issue I have with this suggestion is Xeno because thats essentially how i play her :oops:
But otherwise that would certainly be an interesting mod!
Speaking of fight mods, is it just me or are they less consistent? For example my xeno won't always inflict doom when she turns to a dark element. (There are other examples my brain is just mush right now so it can only remember one haha.)

when I thought of this I wasn't thinking about countering specific characters lol. Yeah Xeno could be affected, but the opponent probably won't let you block that long without approaching, and as we all know with Xeno, that's when we'll have to repel the opponent somehow, breaching the turtling condition.

I think Xeno sometimes failing at inflicting doom is due to the opponent having high resistance. Other than that, you may want to check whether the opponent has immunity or Xeno is hexed at that moment ?

With all the new buffs and debuffs available in the game today, I feel like parasite weave could get her old SA back and be fine.

Had a little trip down history to check Parasite Weave's ability.. and I think the problem with her old SA is the stun loop, allowing you to inflict stuns over and over again while getting bleeds out. That's definitely a problem that shouldn't have existed. Just a recap on Parasite Weave's current ability:

Signature Ability 1
50% chance on CRITICAL HIT to inflict SLOW for 10 seconds and STUN for 2/2.5/3 seconds if the opponent is not already afflicted with SLOW.
Signature Ability 2
5/10/15% chance on HIT to inflict BLEED for 5 seconds if opponent is STUNNED.

Honestly, I think her first ability is fine; she just needs a little buff on her second ability. The stun only lasts for 3 seconds which is a really short window. I think given how much things have changed, it would be more useful if the on-hit BLEED is dependent on SLOW instead of STUN.

To compare, let's take a look at Bad Hair Day's signature ability:

Signature Ability 1
10% chance on HIT to inflict BLEED for 3/5/7 seconds.

A 5% chance difference with a slightly longer period of time for a conditionless BLEED. I think PWeave with a conditional BLEED could do slightly better?

Also, taking this opportunity to request a buff for Windswept too. She's an old relic that has not kept up with the times.