• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

What do you like about Skullgirls Mobile?

For me, it's a good mix of fighting game skills (baiting, punishing, combos, etc) and RPG-esque strategizing (buffs/debuffs, SAs and Match Modifiers).

It's somewhat grindy, which I know can be a turnoff for some folks, but I don't mind it tbh. I find that in some ways grinding up to top 10% in PFs almost has a sort of meditative quality, which is a little hard to explain or describe, but it's nice. Very chill. (Except Ms Fortune's pf, that stun sets my stress levels to max.)

Plus, I enjoy having to strategize to work around different funky match modifiers, or build an effective Rift node by making sure all the elements work together well.

Last edited:
Let me be a gentle being. I will write in points:
  1. The first thing that make me play this game, in the first place, is the art style. As an anime lover, the art style is perfectly of my type.
  2. Japanese dubbed audio.
  3. Fair gameplay. Which is almost absent in nowadays' games.
  4. After playing a simple arcade game, people gets bored very easily. That's where, the features of buffs and debuffs comes in. You'll never get bored of it.(some of top players are playing it for years)
  5. Diverse characters.
  6. References to other franchises. There are many.
  7. No pay to play.
  8. Last but not the least, FAN SERVICE. ( If you're an anime fan, you'll know what I mean) ୧( ˵ ° ~ ° ˵ )୨
That's all fellow humans.
Point some more, if you can.

Hi, I'm fairly new to the game, and I don't own a Gaming PC, I am primarily a Mobile & Nintendo Gamer. I figure my voice is contributory in that regard.

A big draw to the game like above mentioned is the artstyle. I love things being cartoony, and heck, girl dominant cast?! It's a double win. But I say, that's just the draw.
What keeps me playing is the feeling that it's truly free to play, that the gameplay is smooth & easy to learn, plus the world content is coherently defined.
Out of the selection of Google Play Games, this is definitely one of the best.
It's totally not my bias love for jazz/electro swing, big cities, and dystopias saying that either.

Also note, that yes it has fanservice, but in a similar fashion to the anime Kill La Kill, where it's also a parody of fan service, in a reconstructive sort of way of fleshing out tropes creating whole individualized characters, while also maintaining everything as engagingly & rewardfully delightful even for those not sexually attracted to women.

On top of that Skullgirls encompasses a well balanced mix of serious and silly, edgy and wholesome. Neat scifi and science fantasy elements too.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
I love Street Fighter Alpha 3, even after all these years I think of it as one of the best and most complete fighting games ever. I specially loved the World Tour mode, where you could take a character and travel the world beating enemies with special win conditions and upgrade them with the rewards, it was amazing for those times where you couldn't fight a friend in versus.

And man, SGM is that on steroids and in my pocket.

Reactions: Splashmouse
The thing that roped me into Skullgirls was someone shilling the game in a discord server I was in, and I decided to download it on my phone since I couldn't get SG2E on my PS4. The stuff I liked most about the game was the characters, the unique gameplay, the animation and the story. It was pretty easy to get into and I never got bored of it. After I played for a little while longer I started to see some value in this game, now I consider it one of my favorite video games. I'm glad I got into Skullgirls because it's given me something to be happy about and appreciate fighting games and animation more.

Reactions: Art3mes
I just wanted a game on my phone. I like fighting games and most of the fighting game mobile versions are poop compared to this one. either they try to be the console versions of mobile which just doesn't work or they come up with a way too dumbed down gameplay system.

SGM found the sweet spot between feeling like a fighting game, and having suitable systems for mobile, all while not being a pay2win.
I spent ~$30 cuz why not? I essentially just got all brones and a few of silvers. Not even mad.

What's also lulz is I have zero relation with the actual Skullgirls game. Tag fighters are too much for me. Not only do they require the most awareness and adaptive thinking. The execution is pretty steep as well for basic stuff which makes getting into the low level that much harder.

Reactions: Irghen