• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

How to Burst?

BallotBoxer

Reaction score
burstSGM.jpg
HOW TO BURST?

The 4.3 patch brought accolades - generous goodies given for various accomplishments. In the Combat section, there are tallies for bursts, throw breaks, taunts, outtakes, and intercepts. Within less than a week, most of them are filled 100/100, except for bursts, frozen at 0/100.

Is the counter bugged? Am I doing something wrong? Turns out there is a proper way to burst!

POP QUIZ
What is a recognizable way to burst?
A) Burst away from the enemy. It is like a taunt, right?
B) Include a burst in a combo. Air juggle and before they land, smack 'em with a burst.
C) Let the enemy hit you and before they can launch you from the ground, burst to interrupt their combo
D) Burst after a blockbuster to stack debuffs

Answer: C
Accolades only accept bursts used in a defensive action, specifically a ground combo (you can't burst in the air!). Even if they apply hex or armor break or whatever, when you use it as a part of an attack, it won't count unless you are stopping them from hitting you.

Burst Rules (as of now)
Bursts only work on any non-blockbuster attack on the ground.

So get out there and get punched in the face! Counter to common sense, intentionally get hit so you can then burst. It is the only way to fill that burst score.

Any bursting tips to add?

Yep, they only seem to work consistently for me when the enemy is in the middle of their ground combo.

Rather than having to hit the button with exact timing, it seems as though it works like some other attacks / moves where it can be queued up by tapping the icon and then your character will use it the at the first opportunity they can, so I like to tap it once the enemy is a few hits into their combo and then just wait for it to work.

Same here for everything. I wish the accolades also counted for some of the opponents actions. Mainly in the line of throw breaks. I’m not good at breaking them, and the opponent hardly ever get’s the chance throw you in the early prize fight streaks. There’s no reason to be on the defensive end then. Guess I’ll just have to play that part of story mode advanced where they teach throw breaks, over and over and over....

Reactions: Lililira
story mode. any node with cerebella. she still chain her throws. defeat stil counts the accloytes. every fight i can throw break about
15 times AND burst after the first hit another 15 times at least.

Reactions: Lililira
Same here for everything. I wish the accolades also counted for some of the opponents actions. Mainly in the line of throw breaks. I’m not good at breaking them, and the opponent hardly ever get’s the chance throw you in the early prize fight streaks. There’s no reason to be on the defensive end then. Guess I’ll just have to play that part of story mode advanced where they teach throw breaks, over and over and over....
That was actually the first one I got! The best way to get it is to have a cerebella and basically use the strategy of pushing the opponent into a corner. They're almost guaranteed to try to throw you, which is the perfect chance to break it and make them stagger! You can either do this continuously and not deal damage, or punish them while they're staggered. Hope this helps!

Reactions: rexturtle1120
Grinding for the accolades aside, if you have a max leveled burst, it'd be cool to use them offensively, huh? Stupid, yes, but the cooldown for a maxed burst is ridiculously fast you can use it again a few seconds afterwards.

Maybe using it after the end of a combo? The debuff-stacking seems cool. :0

View attachment 10427
HOW TO BURST?

The 4.3 patch brought accolades - generous goodies given for various accomplishments. In the Combat section, there are tallies for bursts, throw breaks, taunts, outtakes, and intercepts. Within less than a week, most of them are filled 100/100, except for bursts, frozen at 0/100.

Is the counter bugged? Am I doing something wrong? Turns out there is a proper way to burst!

POP QUIZ
What is a recognizable way to burst?
A) Burst away from the enemy. It is like a taunt, right?
B) Include a burst in a combo. Air juggle and before they land, smack 'em with a burst.
C) Let the enemy hit you and before they can launch you from the ground, burst to interrupt their combo
D) Burst after a blockbuster to stack debuffs

Answer: C
Accolades only accept bursts used in a defensive action, specifically a ground combo (you can't burst in the air!). Even if they apply hex or armor break or whatever, when you use it as a part of an attack, it won't count unless you are stopping them from hitting you.

Burst Rules (as of now)
Bursts only work on any non-blockbuster attack on the ground.

So get out there and get punched in the face! Counter to common sense, intentionally get hit so you can then burst. It is the only way to fill that burst score.

Any bursting tips to add?
how about outtakes? do you have to remove a buff for the outtake to count? I've been having a tough time with that one.

For the accolade, playing versus mode is a good way to build the burst accolade fast, making for many quick matches with tons of bursts. In most PvE gamemodes you want to avoid being hit most of the time, but being hit in versus is almost inevitable. If you wanted to specifically grind bursts for the accolade, you can go to FFA, equip 5 bursts, and have your opponent eat them all repeatedly.
(I wrote all of this before I read that this was all for accolades aaaa)
(For non-accolade burst usage)
I'd also consider B and D to be very viable options. Bursts can be combo'd in and out of, and can provide with some helpful debuffs in combat. For example, with valentine you can do juggle CV dashup G5 FP G5 burst G5 CV and get some extra bleed damage while fighting fighters like DL. You can do launcher burst g1 as some
characters. Most notably I'd say is Squigly, where you can launcher burst -> g5 if you don't have a charge, getting in a combo immediately with curse applied.

(also I finished my burst accolade 2nd out of the 5 combat accolades, only beating throw break lmao)

Last edited:
Reactions: BallotBoxer