• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Discussion: Fukua Prize Fight

Hall☆weenQueen

Reaction score
Skullgirls Mobile has posted the fight modifiers for the new Fukua Prizefight: A League of Her Clone! If you can't see the attachment, they are:

GOLD
After every 2 seconds while on the opponents side of the stage gain 1 stack of MIASMA for 15 seconds. When reaching 5 stacks if MIASMA, suffer FATIGUE for 3 seconds and remove all stacks if MIASMA.

Silver
When defeating an opponent, gain 5 stacks if REGEN for 10 seconds and suffer FATIGUE for 5 seconds.

For anyone who is not familiar with FATIGUE, it has a 50% chance to apply a 2 second stun (a period in which the fighter is completely incapacitated) once it runs out and halves special move and tag in recharge rate. (Thank you @Blimeylimey )

So let's discuss this!
The stun aspect reminds me of the Ms. Fortune Prize Fight (the most hated prize fight right next to Robofortune), so that is unfortunate. Still, if you are on the opponents side of the stage you have 10-13 seconds to get immunity up if that's your strategy. I don't recall how long the stun is for, but obviously the more you avoid it the better.

A potential strategy could be to gain some Miasma stacks and then flee to your side of the stage, beating the opponent there. This would hinder some fighters who benefit from corner attacks and combos such as Cerebella and Ms. Fortune, but it shouldn't be enough to ruin the use of those fighters entirely. The good news is that Fatigue can be avoided by escaping the opponents side of the stage within the first 10 seconds of being on it. That doesn't sound like a great deal of time, but in a fight it should be plenty.

Another strategy is to start at your side of the stage, apply immunity there (if you are using Squiggly, Peacock, or Parasoul and sometimes a Jawbreaker or RainbowBlight) and after beating the opponent you can flee back to your side and do it again. The Miasma stacks should help, though my worry is that they will last too short of a time to be really useful. I'm assuming that once Miasma goes away after 5 stacks gained, in 2 seconds it will start collecting back up again, which can be safely exploited with a immunity on hand. I speculate fighters like the ones mentioned above and Surgeon General are going to be very helpful in this PF.

Do you have any strategies you're planning to try? Which variant do you think will be the reward Fukua??

Also, if I made a mistake or should add something to this post, please let me know!

Attachments

• EaL8SwyXYAEpIPm.jpeg.jpg
    EaL8SwyXYAEpIPm.jpeg.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Another painful prizefight indeed! I wonder what the first 10% threshold will be? 30 million points? I think that Phantom thread won’t be the gold Fukua since she was in the Cinco de Mayo relic, but I don’t know. Maybe since she was in that relic that means she’s the representative Fukua. I already have her so I hope it’s not her.

It’s interesting to note how complicated prize fight modifiers and SAs have become now. Take a look at day big bands modifier and compare it to this one. It’s incredibly simple in comparison. The other prize fights before Fortunes are also quite simple. I wonder why

Reactions: Lililira
Something I did not consider until now is the opponents miasma gain. I wonder how 2 opposing miasmas will go against each other. On one hand if you keep the opponent on your side of the stage, they'll gain a lot of hp and meter BUT there's the chance they can be stunned and you can deal some serious punishment. But if you're not quick enough, then you risk BB3 and other hard hitting moves coming your way. So my "flee to your side of the stage" strategy is a bit weakened. Essentially you'll do the best with immunity gaining fighters.

Reactions: Lililira
This looks like a super accesible PF. Easy access to miasma basically means that you can now carry with anything. The possibility of stun can be avoided by tagging out. So it's not that big of a deal. Also, considering you have 5 stacks of miasma, it's not like you will be BB3ed or anything. If you really want to play it safe, an immunity taunt will just make this PF a complete piece of cake. I imagine a 2K Polter just having all the fun against a 100K team.

Seems like it could be an easy PF if you keep an eye on your Miasma stacks, or counter Fatigue somehow. Fatigue only has a 50% stun chance anyways, but I wouldn't count on that to not get stunned.

Speaking of which, how does Resistance affect the Stun from Fatigue? Are they both calculated separately so Resistance applies to both or does the Stun ignore Resistance since it's technically part of the Fatigue you failed to resist?

Another detail. Having 5 stacks of miasma kind of makes a possibility of avoiding the stun by doing a BB3 right before the fatigue expires. As mentioned, if you are paying attention, this looks in paper like an accesible PF.

I wonder if they had fixed the miasma lag.
Otherwise I can't play this PF.

I wonder if they had fixed the miasma lag.
Otherwise I can't play this PF.
They did! They mentioned it in a reply on the main Twitter post, so hopefully all the lag issues have been cleared up.

Reactions: Art3mes
Current element distribution between the gold fighters you can obtain from character PF's is 3 fire, water and dark, and 2 light and air. So my bet would be on Vaporwave Vixen, since Phantom Threads was in the Cinco de Mayo rewards. I like Vixen the most out of all Fukua's colors so far so I'm hopeful my theory is correct.

From what I heard from Cell, Miasma will no longer work like bleed and be a slow, continuous drain/gain, but rather like Whither. It'll be interesting to see how this affects this Prize Fight.

I'm loving the various opinions! Here's to hoping it's as easy as y'all say :D

EccP6ezXkAUSmNd.jpeg.jpg Hurray it's finally here!! A league of her Clone will premiere July 9th (my birthday actually) and will be joining the regular Prize Fights roster right after Valentine! Best of luck and patience to those aiming for the top!

Idk about yall My Inner Pieces is feasting like a queen in this Pf miasma takes away meter so more BB=more Modifiers depending on teammates so basically info enrages for me

Turns out, prize fight is not so hard.
Doublicious is god-like, being able to transfer stun also.
But never play with Big Band cause you'll not be able to see how many stacks of miasma you have because of his long horn. Also he is slow so no back dash.

Turns out, prize fight is not so hard.
Doublicious is god-like, being able to transfer stun also.
But never play with Big Band cause you'll not be able to see how many stacks of miasma you have because of his long horn. Also he is slow so no back dash.
I mean technically the only threat the opponent deals if they pull a long combo on u ur dead but the Miasma picks up again pretty by time there done you might've regained ur health

Reactions: Art3mes
What do we think the the min score for top 10% will be? I remember Robo-Fortune's being surprisingly low the first time around, but Fukua seems to have more of a following than Robo-Fortune.

What do we think the the min score for top 10% will be? I remember Robo-Fortune's being surprisingly low the first time around, but Fukua seems to have more of a following than Robo-Fortune.
I'm not stopping until well after 30M. With how busy my defense team has been I'm expecting a new record high.

So now that I've had a decent feel for the pf, here are just some of my thoughts:
1. Silent Kill has been my primary carry and she absolutely ROCKS this pf! Especially with ICU, she gets regen and usually can get rid of fatigue before stun is a real threat. Doublicious is a great runner up as well..
2. The teams are generally crazy disbalanced because almost no one has a strong Fukua so that's been to some players benefit but I see it hurting others a great deal too. I fought a 40k fighter score team at streak 12ish which is unusual.
3. I'm going for 40-45 mil to be safe because I really want that vaporware but 35 should be safe if you're not as ambitious.
4. This pf really favors fighters with immunity gain and projectile attacks. A possinle strategy to avoid bouncing back and forth on the stage is to utilize projectile fighters such as peacock and parasoul.
5. Off of point 4, close combat fighters like cerebella and Beowulf are weakened here, especially anyone who loves to abuse Cerebella's stagger ability is going to have a very hard time. I wouldn't reccomend these fingers, especially for higher streaks.

Hopefully this helps some of you! Overall the PF doesn't seem too bad but you do need to pay attention and have backup fighters on your teams. I wonder if anyone's gotten really discouraged by the mods because stun/ your opponents getting buffs is always frustrating. What do you think of the mods/ pf overall?