• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Opinion time: Who are the best comp PvP players right now?

How seriously do you take competitive PvP?

• I devote myself to comp

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • I play comp somewhat seriously

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • I just win trade for the daily mission lol

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • I play FFA instead of comp ;)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I don't play Versus mode at all

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters

Reshiram18

Reaction score
Hello everyone, devoted comp player Reshiram18 here. The forums have had a distinct lack of general Versus mode discussion as of late, but hopefully I'll be changing that.

I'll start by listing off some of the strongest players I have personally faced, along with some of the strongest aspects of their play.
Mornedil: Mornedil is an expert in single character pressure with Robo and Ms Fortune and frame traps with Robo that can catch unknowing players off guard.
Linc: Linc's primary talent is in utilizing multiple characters for guard pressure instead of relying on just one character for that task. He also has the one of the highest amounts of combo knowledge across the entire cast out of anyone I have met in battle.
Killem: Killem is a flexible player who can play several different team comps and perform well with each of them. Much of this flexibility can potentially be attributed to him talking with Linc regularly. Killem is also very good at performing burst baits to get more out of his first touch against a character.
Red Velvet: Red Velvet has one of the strongest offensive Parasouls out of anybody on the list, aside from perhaps Linc, featuring a deadly sweep frame trap that has caught me many a time.
And finally...
Reshiram18(aka myself): My strongest aspect of my play is my ability to pick up on my opponent's habits quickly and be ready to defend and punish whatever offense/frame traps come my way (unless it is Linc's offense :( )
This now brings us back to the title of this post, except this time it is for you, the reader. In your opinion, who are the strongest players in comp PvP right now? How much of your list is the same as my list? How different is it? I'd love to see your responses down below. Until next time, take care and give Versus mode a second chance with the newly improved netcode. :)

Wouldn't really call myself good, since I got bad connection and don't know much yet, but it doesn't hurt to learn more, Competitive PvP is that one thing I like most about the game ° °)

Also I'm giving a friend Lolyoudied a shout out here, he looooves comp :3c

Reactions: Killem
Not an option on the poll: but I play to get the required mission win and that's it.
No trades, If I got my win you won't see me in Comp PvP.

Reactions: Killem and Mornedil
I voted for the fifth option because watching "Waiting for opponent..." for 20 minutes isn't much fun for me. Maybe there is some kind of zen appeal, like fishing in an empty lake, to never finding an opponent, but I'm not feeling it. Maybe I'm in the wrong timezone?

Question for the fighters in the first post: are you coordinating in chat? Staying in specific channels or playing versus mode only on certain times of day?

I think Versus mode needs to do what MGO (the one that came with Metal Gear Solid 4) did for Survival mode. It was a special tournament that guaranteed high turnout by granting exclusive rewards. It was only open for a short period of time, like six hours on a Saturday night. It would be nice if we could coordinate a worldwide FIGHT HOUR (or more!) we can all agree upon for joining the Competitive Versus Mode.

Reactions: Rudølf
For me, Versus either never found a match or was too unstable. Besides that, I've never been a fan of PvP fighting games. It's why I appreciated Skullgirls Mobile in the first place, because I'm playing against the computer. So I neither know who the best comp players are, nor do I care. :p
But kudos to OP to having the confidence to rate themselves amongst the cream of the crop.

Reactions: rexturtle1120
Wouldn't really call myself good, since I got bad connection and don't know much yet, but it doesn't hurt to learn more, Competitive PvP is that one thing I like most about the game ° °)

Also I'm giving a friend Lolyoudied a shout out here, he looooves comp :3c
Same, same.

I fought red velvet once, it was tough, and fun! I'm so used to everyone using squigly/valentine/fortune that I was unable to quickly respond to a parasoul player's antics.

I gotta admit though. I don't play comp often, and often it's discouraging when players disconnect before a match ends (which happens often to me for some reason). But its still fun to see everyone's style.

Hopefully maybe we get whisper function to friends one day. I would love to play against people in my friend list! (Especially those who use Beowulf)

Reactions: Rudølf and Killem
Most people I know at the top are all fortune players
From your list the only two I can mention otherwise are myself and Midget in a flask as top players. LegendarySanZ also has pretty solid gameplay.

Reactions: Killem and Rudølf
Most people I know at the top are all fortune players
From your list the only two I can mention otherwise are myself and Midget in a flask as top players. LegendarySanZ also has pretty solid gameplay.
Out of all the people I originally listed, I think I am the only person on the list who does not have a good headless Fortune that sees consistent use (I main a Band and Val core on my team at all times and run on point whoever, though Fortune and Peacock are the two characters I use the least in that role)

I took a character of Linc once, that was the highest point of my PVP play. I learned Linc's and Killem's names and now I know it's an automatic loss when I play them. Doesn't help that my favorite characters are Painwheel and Cerebella, which are not the best for high level comp.

I also gotta add, someone99 is really good at running the squig/val team and has a good fortune as well

I fought red velvet once, it was tough, and fun! I'm so used to everyone using squigly/valentine/fortune that I was unable to quickly respond to a parasoul player's antics.

I gotta admit though. I don't play comp often, and often it's discouraging when players disconnect before a match ends (which happens often to me for some reason). But its still fun to see everyone's style.

Hopefully maybe we get whisper function to friends one day. I would love to play against people in my friend list! (Especially those who use Beowulf)
° °)

I voted for the fifth option because watching "Waiting for opponent..." for 20 minutes isn't much fun for me. Maybe there is some kind of zen appeal, like fishing in an empty lake, to never finding an opponent, but I'm not feeling it. Maybe I'm in the wrong timezone?

It's actually fairly easy to find a match in chat! Just ask "Anyone wanna comp?"
If you don't find in one channel go for another!

Oh my, I didn't expect to be mentioned in this post! Especially after getting destroyed by you that time we did a private match xD

I used to be a strong PvP player, but I feel like my playstyle just doesn't work properly considering how laggy PvP can be at times.
With Ms. Fortune, I rely on rapidly dashing and backdashing, with head attacks in-between, to put heavy pressure on my opponent's block to either break it or force them to act and get hit.
However, the timing is just too precise for PvP, so if there's even a small amount of lag, this doesn't work. Sometimes the game doesn't even register my dashes.
This is especially true for private matches, which tend to be even more laggy for me. Both times I've joined a tournament, I lost my first match due to being interrupted in the middle of a true combo, and the game not registering my fast-paced inputs. (the 2nd tournament was so laggy that i could barely even block, so after that i decided to never join a tournament again until they improve network connections)

With all of that said, I think I would be a very strong PvP opponent if you faced me locally!
But since we play over a network with potential lag and missed inputs, I think there are plenty of people who would beat me quite easily.

Edit:
as for other players, I'm not sure since I'm not too deeply involved with the PvP community.

Last edited:
22i with a strong fukua
One other who sadly I forgotten the name of floored me 1v3 multiple times.

I blame lag though still :p

Question for the fighters in the first post: are you coordinating in chat? Staying in specific channels or playing versus mode only on certain times of day?

I think Versus mode needs to do what MGO (the one that came with Metal Gear Solid 4) did for Survival mode. It was a special tournament that guaranteed high turnout by granting exclusive rewards. It was only open for a short period of time, like six hours on a Saturday night. It would be nice if we could coordinate a worldwide FIGHT HOUR (or more!) we can all agree upon for joining the Competitive Versus Mode.
I mean, I generally hang around wherever the game drops me which is usually channel 0, 1, 100, or some random number in between. I've seen the same behavior with a few others.

Oh my, I didn't expect to be mentioned in this post! Especially after getting destroyed by you that time we did a private match xD

I used to be a strong PvP player, but I feel like my playstyle just doesn't work properly considering how laggy PvP can be at times.
With Ms. Fortune, I rely on rapidly dashing and backdashing, with head attacks in-between, to put heavy pressure on my opponent's block to either break it or force them to act and get hit.
However, the timing is just too precise for PvP, so if there's even a small amount of lag, this doesn't work. Sometimes the game doesn't even register my dashes.
This is especially true for private matches, which tend to be even more laggy for me. Both times I've joined a tournament, I lost my first match due to being interrupted in the middle of a true combo, and the game not registering my fast-paced inputs. (the 2nd tournament was so laggy that i could barely even block, so after that i decided to never join a tournament again until they improve network connections)

With all of that said, I think I would be a very strong PvP opponent if you faced me locally!
But since we play over a network with potential lag and missed inputs, I think there are plenty of people who would beat me quite easily.

Edit:
as for other players, I'm not sure since I'm not too deeply involved with the PvP community.
I feel I am going through the same tournament arc like you did then right now. Ever since the update, which I've been told isn't optimal for older phones like mine, connection's been pretty rough. I'm experiencing interruptions in between true combos, as well, and some dashes are straight up nonexistent.