• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 4.3.3 Update Notes - Now Available!

Today is Fukua Day! The premiere of her prize fight, A LEAGUE OF HER CLONE, and her daily, A CLONE WITH MY THOUGHTS, is up (great opportunity to fill out your tiered accolades).

Of course the rewards are very high also - a guaranteed Character Relic!
lol false advertising
guar·an·tee
/ˌɡerənˈtē/
noun
a formal promise or assurance (typically in writing) that certain conditions will be fulfilled, especially that a product will be repaired or replaced if not of a specified quality and durability.​

Expect a call from the best lawyers in Canopy Kingdom! :mad:

I've been experimenting with the bonus threshold on deployments, and it seems even high percentages are still chancy. At least the XP is guaranteed!

Today is Fukua Day! The premiere of her prize fight, A LEAGUE OF HER CLONE, and her daily, A CLONE WITH MY THOUGHTS, is up (great opportunity to fill out your tiered accolades).

lol false advertising
guar·an·tee
/ˌɡerənˈtē/
noun
a formal promise or assurance (typically in writing) that certain conditions will be fulfilled, especially that a product will be repaired or replaced if not of a specified quality and durability.​

I've been experimenting with the bonus threshold on deployments, and it seems even high percentages are still chancy. At least the XP is guaranteed!
That was my question too because they said guarantee but then still had a chance meter. Welp, its not guaranteed but it should be for 16 hours of not having your fighters and because they said so!

That was my question too because they said guarantee but then still had a chance meter. Welp, its not guaranteed but it should be for 16 hours of not having your fighters and because they said so!
The worst part about that is that if you choose a strong fighter the percentage meter will go up, but if you choose a fighter weaker than that the percentage meter goes down. That’s not fair. If it’s going to be this way then at least increase the XP gained if they have to make the meter decrease.

The worst part about that is that if you choose a strong fighter the percentage meter will go up, but if you choose a fighter weaker than that the percentage meter goes down. That’s not fair. If it’s going to be this way then at least increase the XP gained if they have to make the meter decrease.

Agreed. The FS arithmetic for the triple fighter deployment in particular doesn't make a lot of sense. You really need 2 strong diamonds to ensure a high success rate. So I guess if you want to take full advantage of deployments, you really need to prioritize diamonding defensive variants since they can be absent for a long time without significantly undermining your other in-game activities.

lol false advertising
guar·an·tee
/ˌɡerənˈtē/
noun

Agreed. At this point the choice is what's more useful/important: XP or the bonus. At this point, I'm choosing the Bonus. Even at 80%+ a 16hr deployment yields negligible XP for the team needed get that high % and still miss the bonus (not to mention for 16hrs you could grind more than 75K XP and enough CC to buy a chara relic from the CoC)

Reactions: rexturtle1120
16hrs you could grind more than 75K XP and enough CC to buy a chara relic from the CoC
agree on everything but just to be sure you are only making an examole with that coin one right? afair its only 600 coins perfight for refights. simply thinking grinding 100k coins form that make me sick.

Dear developers! As soon as possible, we are waiting for corrections to the annoying error that occurs spontaneously, but very regularly. I mean, the error that occurs randomly when applying a final blow using a blockbuster (when the screen flashes yellow). The game often freezes at this moment tightly, and for any outcome of the battle, defeat in the battle is counted. Because of what, climbing the ladder in Quick Game is a real hell.
Until the latest updates, I could get to the ladder level 50 and higher ... Now I can’t raise it even higher than 16, because the game freezes, the defeat is counted and you have to start all over again ... And again, and again and again .. .
I read reviews on the Google Play Market - there are quite a lot of complaints about a similar error.
Thank you for your attention and please forgive my bad English.

agree on everything but just to be sure you are only making an examole with that coin one right? afair its only 600 coins perfight for refights. simply thinking grinding 100k coins form that make me sick.
Oh no, not from re-fights. But fresh dailies/PFs yields a good chunk of change (don't for get selling moves is a revenue stream), doing those compared to being down 3 'strong-ish' fighters for 16hrs seems a better use of my time.

lol false advertising
guar·an·tee
/ˌɡerənˈtē/
noun

I'm pretty sure the "guarantee" is that the highest tier of deployments will always have a character relic as the bonus reward. Both first and second tiers have a random pool that doesn't always guarantee a bronze relic or a premium relic as the bonus for example.
I do agree that this could have been worded a bit more clearly though.

Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of replies in here recently - this update was pretty huge and even after the release it's been pretty busy at HVS. I'll try to be more active responding to folks across the forum now.

Firstly: we're aware many players are having issues with the game locking up on the end of fights. We're working on a solution to this and will hopefully have a 4.3.2 update ready to release soon that will fix it. Thanks for your patience while we work on this. This update will include fixes to some other known 4.3 bugs too, but I'll go into more detail on that closer to when it's getting primed for release.

Now to dive back into some replies!
I haven't answered every question because some were duplicates, or some were probably obvious once the update actually released and y'all had some time with the new modes. If you still want something answered, ping me and I'll try to get to it!

Prize Fight Character Restrictions:
This is upsetting.
The only way I could keep having fun in this game was by doing my own thing and only using cat-related fighters.
Now this update is telling me I can't do that anymore. It's just too restrictive, and forces players to play a certain way. RIP everyone who uses a character- or elemental-themed account.
I'm okay with deployments requesting certain characters and elements for bonus rewards, but something as elementary as gold prize fights now requiring a certain character is giving me the choice to either give up my gimmick or stop doing prize fights altogether.
Making Character requirments such an elementary feature of the game was actually one of the most important goals of this addition.
A long term goal for the game is that players will need a wide variety of Characters and Fighters to complete certain modes. Master Story in particular has very specific Character requirments to test your skill as a player with a wide variety of Characters, many of which are outside of players comfort zones. However, up until Master Difficulty, it's possible to just focus on a handful of Fighters and nothing else. Then players hit a brick wall when more specific requirements pop up.
Giving players a very strong incentive to collect and work on at least one Fighter from every Character type is designed as a foundational piece to allow players a smoother experience later on where their collections will be more evened out and they'll hae experience with more Characters and Fighters.

An unfortunate side effect of this is that it affects players that restrict their collections like your Cat Only teams, however, for the general health of the game this was an important design change. (and remember, my triple Oh Mai team was one of the first Themed Teams, so this directly affects me - and I was one of the biggest supporters of the change when it was proposed!)

Prize Fight 10% Cutoffs
I like the change. It gets tiresome to see the same defense trio in every prize fight.

(a bigger problem for newbies is the ridiculous height 10% has skyrocketed to as people sharpen their collections. Good luck clearing 25 million every PF! A diamond PF is needed...)
The rising tide of Prize Fight score thresholds is definitely on our radar. No specifics yet, but it is something we are definitely working on a solution to address.

Fukua Relic Prices
Please tell me I didn't actually read that Fukua's relics are an extra 100 theonite.
Please tell me this is a joke.
You have already made the limited relics from which we can receive Fukua more expensive.
And now that her actual character relics are going to finally be introduced, you're going to increase the price on those, too?
Really disappointing, guys.
Serious buisness face time:

One of the most requested features (if not THE most requested feature) is producing new Characters for Skullgirls Mobile. We're finally going ahead with that later this year when we will release our first Brand New Character! However, it costs hundreds of thousands of dollars to produce even one Character. To justify the huge costs involved, we have to make sure any new Character added is financially successful, which means systems like this where new Characters release at a slightly higher price point. Eventually the Theonite costs of Doppelgänger Relics will even out to regular prices, but to start out with we have to make sure they're a little more exclusive and rare.

I know it sucks to talk about revenue and finances, but it's an unfortunate reality of producing the high quality animated content Skullgirls is famous for.

You can read a little more about this in an older post we released when Robo-Fortune was released: https://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/...une-release-and-possible-new-characters.5460/

Rift Base Specifics
How do new rifts decide how to present your defense?
Scenario 1: my base is presented to someone who is taking the week off on Monday. Is my base available to be attacked by other players?
scenario 2: someone enters a battle against my base and decides not to finish for the rest of the week. Is my base available to be attacked by other players?
when does your defense update? Is it set from Monday or can we change it any time? In other words, if I wanted to, could I submit a very weak base on Monday to tank my rift rating, save the tickets, then update my base later in the week and run a big winstreak to farm coins?
Some of this you've probably figured out from playing by now, but your base is always available for other players to fight, just like in Prize Fights. Multiple players can be paired up against it. Your Base can't be 'locked' by having abother player sit on it.
Even if you take a week off, your Base can still be attacked. However, it doesn't matter, because your Rift Rating will be reset to 1000 every week anyway!
You can change your Defense setup at any time. When an opponent is given your Base as one of their choices, that's when your Rift Base is locked for that player.

Gift Adjustments
And what will be in the gifts moving forward? It would be nice to have a list somewhere.
Fukua is available in all standard Relics, yep.
We haven't made a full list of Gift Contents yet because we already did that once, then we altered the contents in a previous update, and then we altered the contents again in 4.3. Giving out too much information like that when it may be changed in a future update causes more problems than it solves. Once Gifts have stabilized we may publish a more exact list of their contents. I promise we're not trying to obfuscate the contents for nefarious reasons.

Why did we reduce the contents of Gifts anyway? Gifts add a HUGE amount of resources into the game economy and we have to monitor them carefully or they can cause wide rippling problems for the game. It may only seem like it's a small amount of free resources, but as a quick example, Rift Coins are supposed to be mainly accessible only through Rift Battles. When we first released Gifts, some players reported they completely quit playing Rift anymore because Gifts gave such a steady supply. That's obviously not healthy or desired, and had to be adjusted.
(That is a very simplified example of a very large and complicated balancing act when it comes to in-game economy)

Rift Ranks
I share your concern because I was also only playing the minimum 5 up til end of rift 1.0. Wasn't one of the motivations for the rift rework to make it less of a stressful experience? Yes, by taking away the realtime head-to-head nature and the 2hr limit the per-battle experience is a littler easier, but on a weekly basis I don't see much hope of us keeping rank if we only play the minimum threshold (that is, unless you're an elite player or have extremely good luck with defense-building or matchmaking). IMO this puts the stress right back into the system for non-elite players.

Would it be possible to add a feature whereby we could see our realtime ranking in rift, e.g. if we're ranked 127 and there're 4000 rifters we'll see 127/4000) ? If we know where we currently sit we'll be able to better plan how much more effort to commit for the rest of the week. Obviously this is another stressor and may inflate the rank cutoff scores, so not sure it it's a good idea.
Making it so players can't just sit on their ranks for months on end by doing the bare minimum of fights was actually one of the core decisions about this mode. Using those low/mid players as an example, it was literally impossible for them to ever really rank up because all of the upper ranks were filled with players who can very easily maintain their positions.
Now if you want to win big rewards, you have to actually engage with the mode - a big difference though is that now a Rift takes only 10 or 15 minutes to play. Before it could take over an hour of uninterrupted play just to clear a map. If you can't or choose not to enter Rift Battle on a given week your rank will not be affected, because everyone is back to 1000.

As for showing your current positioning on the Ranks, I don't think we have plans for anything like that. As you say it would cause massive inflation to the score cutoffs as players would have more info about them. It would also be grossly unreliable. Ecample: if you check it 10 minutes before the end of a Season and see you're in a safe place for Diamond Rank, then 20,000 players all finish Rifts in those 10 minutes you could end up in a much lower rank than you'd expected. Without making an extremely complicated set of restrictions and unintuitive locking mechanisms, displaying live-updated Ranks generally just make things more confusing in the long term.
Not impossible, but not currently planned.

Catalog Bugs
Another question concerning the catalog. It only shows the fighters I have, not the cumulative fighters I have ever had. Also, if I evolved a fighter it does not consider it to be in my collection. Are these intentional?
There is a known issue with the Catalog that it is only showing Fighters players have collected since 4.3. We're working on a solution so that it will correctly show your entire collection.

Deployment Bonus Chance
Sorry, this is my bad on a poor word choice. What I meant was that the Tier 3 Deployment Bonus Reward Chance is always guaranteed to be a Character Relic. Tier 1 and Tier 2 Deployments have a variety of different Bonus Chance Rewards, but Tier 3s are always a Character Relic.

Some stuff I forgot to address:

Rift Matchmaking
Currently everyone in Rift 2.0 gets their Rift Rating reset to 1000 at the start of the season. Rift Matchmaking is entirely based on Rating now, so that means low level players might get matched with much higher leveled players at the start of a Rift Season. By the end of a season, matchmaking should balance out to be very accurate, but there's definitely at least a few fights in there at the start that may end up being lopsided.

In Rift 2.0 we wanted the matchmaking to be absolutely straightforward and simple with no exceptions and additions bolted onto it (like we did with Collection Strength in Rift 1.0). We'll be keeping an eye on this though and if we need to adjust the matchmaking in some way in a future update, it'll happen.

In the meantime, refreshing your opponent's list regularly will help find closer matched opponents. You get a free Refresh every two hours, so don't be shy in using it!

12 Hour Streak Modifier Timer
This is something else we're keeping an eye on for Rift 2.0 to see if it needs altering.
No changes in SGM are made without a lot of careful and considered planning, so we don't want to knee jerk react to things and alter too much stuff based on only a week's worth of data.

Rift in General
Rift 2.0 is a HUGE change to Skullgirls Mobile. Like all features we add, we'll be keeping a careful eye on it and will update anything that looks like it needs changing. If you have strong feedback about stuff, we really do want to hear it, so reply to some of the ongoing discussions in the Feedback section! I promise we'll see em!

Seems like some pretty significant delays in getting out Rift rewards. I guess that's probably related to the bug accidently giving people legend rewards that was reported in the bugs forum, but part of me was wondering if it was related to cheaters? I just had my first fight that clearly pinged my radar for that, where someone with a much weaker roster (like their highest Painwheel was 5k FS vs my ~23k, and this was typical of their roster) got a nearly perfect +13k rift score clear of my base. Made me look back through my defensive loses and while that one was uniquely suspicious, it was odd to see other people clear through it with +13k scores, which is the sort of thing I only accomplish when I'm forced to fight people vastly weaker than I am. Otherwise, you know, a little bit of time is expended pounding through all that HP. Or maybe I'm regularly attacked by people that can do huge entire health bar killing combos?

Reactions: rexturtle1120
Making Character requirments such an elementary feature of the game was actually one of the most important goals of this addition.
A long term goal for the game is that players will need a wide variety of Characters and Fighters to complete certain modes. Master Story in particular has very specific Character requirments to test your skill as a player with a wide variety of Characters, many of which are outside of players comfort zones. However, up until Master Difficulty, it's possible to just focus on a handful of Fighters and nothing else. Then players hit a brick wall when more specific requirements pop up.
Giving players a very strong incentive to collect and work on at least one Fighter from every Character type is designed as a foundational piece to allow players a smoother experience later on where their collections will be more evened out and they'll hae experience with more Characters and Fighters.

An unfortunate side effect of this is that it affects players that restrict their collections like your Cat Only teams, however, for the general health of the game this was an important design change. (and remember, my triple Oh Mai team was one of the first Themed Teams, so this directly affects me - and I was one of the biggest supporters of the change when it was proposed!)

I can definitely see where you guys are coming from with this change.
Later-game content has restrictions that make collection variety very important. However, I don't think the new Prize Fight restrictions are going to cause anyone to invest in a variant that they didn't already want to invest in.

You guys have already implemented a wide variety of awesome collection variety incentives elsewhere!
Master nodes are already a great incentive to invest in certain variants. We see the node, realize which variants we need in order to complete it, and we invest accordingly. If we don't have the right variant for the job, we won't be able to beat the node.
And master rewards are massive. These nodes are worth investing in variants for.

Deployments are also great for this. They request a certain fighter and element in exchange for a higher chance to get a bunch of daily relics. The higher the fighter score, the higher the chance!
(the keyword here is "request", and the rewards are too good to pass up on for most people)

The new elemental rift theme with rotating modifiers is also great for this. We're not forced to comply with the elemental theme and modifiers, but it sure gives us a huge defensive advantage. It's enough of an incentive for us to switch around our bases every week.

Prize fight restrictions, however, only serve as a hindrance to participate in the Prize Fight. And because Prize Fights are the main source of XP in the game, putting restrictions on them more or less forces us to keep fighters we may not want just so we can farm XP.
At the same time, Prize Fights give no incentive to invest in those fighters, because it doesn't matter if they're level 1 and without investment.
So if we don't already have plans to invest in that character or element, we're not going to, regardless of these PF restrictions.

It might serve as more of an incentive if the Prize Fight restrictions also required the fighter to have 5000 fighter score or above (which would however hinder us even more from XP grinding).
But as it is now, it only forces people to keep uninvested fighters in their collection that they might not want.

TL;DR
The game already has great incentives to develop a varied collection without forcing it upon us (master story, deployments, origin stories, elemental rift theme, and even accolades)
Prize Fight restrictions do not act as the same kind of incentive to invest in more characters, variants, or elements. There's nothing in it for us to invest in the restricted variants just for Prize Fights. It acts more like another wall rather than an incentive.

(i'm sorry for writing another long message about this, i just finally understand the reason
behind adding this and wanted to explain how it's received from the players' point of view)

Last edited:
@Mornedil Thanks as always for the detailed feedback!
I don't want to get stuck in the weeds too much on this, but this change needs to be looked at from a beginner's point of view first and formost. Many of the issues you list above are specifically mid to late game things (Master Node, min/maxing your XP grinding, Rift, etc).

The problem this is trying to address is that often players will be able to play almost the entire game before reaching stages like Master Node without investing in anything except a handful of particular Fighters. Then they hit a brick wall and have to stop progressing entirely while they level up stuff they've never looked at before.

Prize Fights is basically the meat and potatoes of Skullgirls Mobile. To get players in the habit of using different types of Fighters, it's important to force (not request) players to use Fighters from the full extent of their collection. This is designed to push some of the burden of developing a strong collection earlier in the game so it's not all dumped on the player all at once later on.

Last edited:
Also:

EdAqScRXYAE3Yic

A new update is now available on iOS devices! It should release soon on Android devices. This update addresses several issues that popped up after the 4.3 release.

4.3.2:

PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY
  • Fixed an issue where Android users experienced excessive lag.
  • Fixed an issue where the game would sometimes lock up and crash at the end of a fight
RIFT BATTLES:
  • Fixed an issue where you can lose a single fight on a Rift Battle, then complete the map without attempting that fight again.
  • Fixed an issue where exiting the Rift Battle tutorial before it finishes can cause Rift Battles to become unresponsive.
  • Fixed an issue where Incomplete Battle Mail sent after a Rift Season were displaying incorrectly.
  • Fixed an issue where players that are below level 30 could not find opponents in Rift Battles.
  • Fixed an issue where Rift Matchmaking was displaying the incorrect Rift Ratings, making some matchups seem very lopsided despite actually being accurate.
  • Fixed an issue where attempting to Revenge Battle someone would display the incorrect opponent.
  • Fixed an issue where players would receive Rift Rewards, even if they did not complete the minimum 5 Battles in a season.
  • Fixed an issue where Catalyst Upgrade popups would not appear correctly.
  • Fixed an issue where the Min Battles Completed number would not update correctly until the Lobby was refreshed.

ACCOLADES:

• Made it clearer that if you complete a later Accolade in a chain before you completed the earlier Accolades, you cannot claim the rewards until those earlier Accolades have been completed.
    • Ex: If you Max Level a Diamond, you will need to complete Max Bronze, Max Silver and Max Gold before you can claim Max Diamond.

DEPLOYMENTS:

• Fixed an issue where it was possible to earn Deployments Rewards twice under certain network conditions.
  • Fixed an issue where some text was not correctly localized.
  • Fixed an issue where any XP a Fighter gained was displaying before it was actually granted.

FIGHTER CATALOG:

• Fixed an issue where the Fighter Catalog was not accurately displaying players' collections.
    • Please note it may take some time for this fix to roll out for all players.

MISC:

• Fixed an issue where Fukua Special Move and Blockbuster prices in the Cabinet of Curiosities were inconsistent.
  • Fixed an issue where the Fukua Prize Fight awarded Filia Special Moves. (An in-game mail with correct prizes will be sent to all players affected by this)
  • Fixed an issue where some Treasure Node Fighters would use the incorrect tier of Special Moves and Blockbusters.
  • Fixed an issue where app notifications were not always appearing.

Last edited:
Thank you Cellsai! I cannot wait to use 4.3.2 update for my android phone. Also is head hunter precision bug fixed?