• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 4.3 Release Issues

MightyZug

Game Director
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Website
www.hiddenvariable.com
Hi everyone!

We know many of you have experienced a number of issues since our recent 4.3 update earlier this month. This includes (most notably) performance/stability issues and back-to-back weeks of... unexpectedly generous Rift Battle Season rewards. Furthermore, in light of those issues, many of you who participated in Rift Battles this past season have yet to receive your rewards at all.

As you can imagine, we've been hard at work addressing these issues internally and have taken numerous steps to address them to the best of our ability.
  • Last Wednesday (7/15) we released a 4.3.2 update that has significantly helped improve performance issues. We will continue to make performance/stability improvements as we build towards our next update.
  • On Friday (7/24) we will be performing server maintenance at 9AM PST to address the Rift Battle issues (and apply a fix for the known Fighter Catalog issue). During this downtime, we will also grant proper rewards to all players who had yet to receive their Rift Battle Season rewards from last week.
  • In light of the issues at hand, we will also be sending out compensation to all players as a small gesture of thanks for your understanding.
  • We also know many of you have submitted customer support requests and are still patiently waiting for a response. We currently have a larger backlog than usual, but will be redoubling our efforts in the coming days to catch up and work through that backlog as quickly as possible.
While all this will help to address the short term issues with 4.3, we recognize that the best way to address a bug or issue is to ensure that it never manifests in the first place. As such, we have been discussing numerous improvements to our processes internally to help maximize the stability, performance, and reliability of all our upcoming features and releases.

Rest assured, everyone at Hidden Variable is taking these issues extremely seriously. We apologize to any of you who have been directly affected and/or inconvenienced as a result.

Thank you as always for your patience and support.

~ All of us at Hidden Variable ~

Last edited:
There was an update Wednesday? Was I supposed to download it on google store or something? I've been experiencing even more crashes and freezing fights this week than ever before :(.

I guess it must not be easy to optimize a mobile game for all brands and systems, maybe I'm just unlucky...

Thanks for your efforts anyway, looking forward for the update.

It's really a treasure having such a wonderful team behind an amazing game like this one. We know we ask a lot of you as players, but I know I'm far from the only one who is grateful for your dedication and work as a team and individuals. Thank you for hearing us-- that is something so many mobile game devs don't do and it's really a shame. @MightyZug please pass on a big thank you to your entire team for their continuous efforts, creativity, and passion for this game. We don't take it for granted!

I personally look forward to what's in store moving forward! Thank you again for everything past, present, and future!

There was an update Wednesday? Was I supposed to download it on google store or something? I've been experiencing even more crashes and freezing fights this week than ever before :(.

I guess it must not be easy to optimize a mobile game for all brands and systems, maybe I'm just unlucky...

Thanks for your efforts anyway, looking forward for the update.
Hey, as of writing this, the current version of the game is 4.3.2. If your version isn’t already 3.2, you’ll probably find an update on google playstore.

Hey, as of writing this, the current version of the game is 4.3.2. If your version isn’t already 3.2, you’ll probably find an update on google playstore.
Hey, thanks so much for the info! I have the 4.3.2 version :)

Reactions: buggy.
Hi everyone!

We know many of you have experienced a number of issues since our recent 4.3 update earlier this month. This includes (most notably) performance/stability issues and back-to-back weeks of... unexpectedly generous Rift Battle Season rewards. Furthermore, in light of those issues, many of you who participated in Rift Battles this past season have yet to receive your rewards at all.

As you can imagine, we've been hard at work addressing these issues internally and have taken numerous steps to address them to the best of our ability.
  • Last Wednesday (7/15) we released a 4.3.2 update that has significantly helped improve performance issues. We will continue to make performance/stability improvements as we build towards our next update.
  • On Friday (7/24) we will be performing server maintenance at 9AM PST to address the Rift Battle issues (and apply a fix for the known Fighter Catalog issue). During this downtime, we will also grant proper rewards to all players who had yet to receive their Rift Battle Season rewards from last week.
  • In light of the issues at hand, we will also be sending out compensation to all players as a small gesture of thanks for your understanding.
  • We also know many of you have submitted customer support requests and are still patiently waiting for a response. We currently have a larger backlog than usual, but will be redoubling our efforts in the coming days to catch up and work through that backlog as quickly as possible.
While all this will help to address the short term issues with 4.3, we recognize that the best way to address a bug or issue is to ensure that it never manifests in the first place. As such, we have been discussing numerous improvements to our processes internally to help maximize the stability, performance, and reliability of all our upcoming features and releases.

Rest assured, everyone at Hidden Variable is taking these issues extremely seriously. We apologize to any of you who have been directly affected and/or inconvenienced as a result.

Thank you as always for your patience and support.

~ All of us at Hidden Variable ~
I’m simply amazed and astonished and the level of care that you guys put into your game.. we are all Grateful for your relentless pursuit in consumer happiness. Keep up the good work.

Reactions: Art3mes and Diony
It was clearly not needed but what do the phrase "No string attached" here means.
My grammar is kinda off these days....=_=Screenshot_2020-07-25-09-57-46-23_50161ac5d162ce986e07d4150edd27ac.png

Great work!
I would suggest to make the 4.3.2 download mandatory (if you haven't already done so by now), since some people might miss it if they have to manually update in the play store.

Reactions: Sairus
Just a heads-up after that update : performance sure got much better, I don't have these awful freezing frames anymore, some slowdowns but nothing I can't handle. Also, my phone is a potato so I don't expect perfect performance with it.
Still having crashes. Less often, but they still happen :(.

Overall still a HUGE improvement compared to the former update, thank you!!!

Great to hear this has been going okay and Rift Season this week apparently went off smoothly! Scores will resume being posted as normal later today.

@Galiyuka If you haven't already, can you make a post in the Bug Reports forum with the details of your crash issues? (read the pinned topic in Bug Reports for some tips on the info that's useful for us when you make a bug report)

Reactions: Galiyuka
Great to hear this has been going okay and Rift Season this week apparently went off smoothly! Scores will resume being posted as normal later today.

@Galiyuka If you haven't already, can you make a post in the Bug Reports forum with the details of your crash issues? (read the pinned topic in Bug Reports for some tips on the info that's useful for us when you make a bug report)
Will do when i find some time to play again, working season kicked in