• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Master difficulty story mode

I'm curious how everyone has progressed or even finished 100% of the Master Story Mode.

I am 55% up Medici Tower and I'm assembling warriors for the final fights. I'm at the diamond split at the half-knot where the left node is a solo fight for a Peacock and the right node is a solo fight for an Eliza. My golds aren't cutting it, so I just need to pick a Peacock and a Eliza to ascend to diamond toughness to clear the way.

My biggest concern is saving golds for two near-end nodes.

Third-to-last node
Gold ONLY
Water ONLY

The Last Node
Gold ONLY
1 Air
1 Fire
1 Water

Who are your golden chosen ones? Who did you hold back from diamond ascension for these nodes?

I'm curious how everyone has progressed or even finished 100% of the Master Story Mode.

I am 55% up Medici Tower and I'm assembling warriors for the final fights. I'm at the diamond split at the half-knot where the left node is a solo fight for a Peacock and the right node is a solo fight for an Eliza. My golds aren't cutting it, so I just need to pick a Peacock and a Eliza to ascend to diamond toughness to clear the way.

Third-to-last node
Gold ONLY
Water ONLY

The Last Node
Gold ONLY
1 Air
1 Fire
1 Water

Who are your golden chosen ones? Who did you hold back from diamond ascension for these nodes?
For the first listed node I brought Just Kitten, Rage Appropriate, and Hack & Splash. For the boss node I brought GI Jazz, Parasite Weave, and Just Kitten.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
in the first one I used robocopy, Just kitten and twisted mettle...robocopy has done almost all the work .... with its long combos...
the other one...i uses .. robocopy, Bass line and private dick...
for me ... the beowulf knot is missing ... I have no idea how I'm going to do it, it's the character I play the worst ..

There is a video of someone doing the Beowulf node that is really helpfull. You should check it. Also, there not been a Weekend Warrior there must be awesome.

Reactions: Pit Frango

Third-to-last node
Gold ONLY
Water ONLY

The Last Node
Gold ONLY
1 Air
1 Fire
1 Water

I don't remember being overly concerned about either of these two nodes. Harlequin might be a good choice for the last one. I have a second I've been building up just because she's good support sometimes in rifts. Same with Surgeon General.

If Harlequin is your main for the fight, be sure to equip her with grab bag, so you can get those last few % of health quickly when the enemies are unblockable.

Personally, I'm still stuck on the 3 Beowulf node. I can see how you'd do it. I've built myself another gold Beowulf, as I tragically evolved mine to diamond I think a week before Master mode came out? But I just don't have the particular spirit for a near flawless fight like that. I find the very idea too "blah" to seriously engage with it.

Edit:
Blue Screen might be a good choice for the third-to-last water only mystery node, seeing as it's not too hard to get extremely long combos going with Robo-fortune

Edit 2:
This post convinced me to try and give the Beowulf node one more try, and I actually won! With 7 seconds to spare.

Somehow, complaining on the forum always works for me.

Last edited:
For the Peacock solo, I just used the TAF I already had, since I built her up for Peacock Master. Not much to say there. For the Eliza node, I used my Scarlet Viper, and avoided using blockbusters against the Bloodbath. I must've used my Just Kitten and/or my Blue Screen for the triple water, but looking back I'm not sure how since they're pretty low score fighters. Definitely used Poltergust as my main on the last node, with Harle and Icy Hot as support, since my Polter is one of my best combo characters.

For the Beo node I just used the cheesewolf strat:

I just ignored the damage part of his skilltree, since as long as you can do 1% per hit, anything more is unnecessary. It was probably also unnecessary to upgrade his hp, but it did mean that a single messup didn't mean total failure.

I do wonder if it's actually possible to succeed at the "under 120 seconds" challenge on that Beowulf node

Reactions: tiffany butterfly
I highly doubt it's possible with any of the current non-dia Beos. To even get close you'd probably have to use a Wrestler X, have perfect hype management, get all 5 bleeds every hype mode, never mess up or get hit once, and never have the enemy switch out. A perfect match, basically.

I can confirm that a few players have successfully beaten that Beowulf node. Definitely one of the most difficult nodes in the game, but not impossible!
(I personally haven't been able to crack it yet!)

There is a video of someone doing the Beowulf node that is really helpfull. You should check it. Also, there not been a Weekend Warrior there must be awesome.
Totally changed the fight; before if you made any mistake you’d get crushed. Now there’s a tiny bit of leeway.

Third-to-last node
Gold ONLY
Water ONLY

The Last Node
Gold ONLY
1 Air
1 Fire
1 Water

For the [gold and water] node I used understudy cerebella and cold stones Beowulf. Both of them are very grabby, so it helped when the opponent became unblockable, and Beowulf’s stun really won me the match fairy easily.

For the last node I used silent kill valentine, blood drive painwheel, and bloody valentine Eliza.
-Valentine’s buff rip and extended ground combo chains allow you to stick to an opponent; especially useful when they’re at the low health threshold
-I feel like people don’t like blood drive painwheel, but I find her an effective way to chunk an opponent, and saving her for last means she can eat her own bleeds and not care as much. Plus once she finishes cranking down on an opponent she’s free health to Eliza.
-Eliza’s survivability with her marquee and special move spam is great, plus long combo chains.

Third-to-last node
Gold ONLY
Water ONLY

The Last Node
Gold ONLY
1 Air
1 Fire
1 Water

3 waters were Cold Stones Beo, Silent Kill Valentine and Regally Blonde Parasoul. I'd love to say I had a cunning strategy, but if you back any fighter into a corner with parasoul, alternate basic combo and throw, the AI just... won't break out of it. Put her BB3 in and a bit of meter gain if you need it and it becomes trivial. It'll probably be fixed soon enough, because it's really silly. Oh well.

for the last node, Buzzkill Painwheel for the bleeds, Head Hunter robofortune for the combos, and Regally Blonde Parasoul for the... alright I just spammed the throw in the corner again. It worked well enough!

Now I'm just stuck on that damn Beo node (pulled a Wrestler X so now begins the process of building him up) and the single Gold Eliza node (I am not good at using Eliza at all :p)

Hi all,
finished the whole thing about a week ago. Since I consulted this thread quite heavily while going up the tower, I meant to post immediately after I beat the Beowulf node last friday, but life... Anyway:

Third-to-last node
Gold ONLY
Water ONLY

The Last Node
Gold ONLY
1 Air
1 Fire
1 Water

I beat the Eliza node with a Diva (6,000ish), by spamming Sekhmet's Turn and LoS. The Peacock node I beat with an Ultraviolent (6,000ish) through sheer stubbornness. Would not recommend, it was a pain.

Aside from the Beowulf node, the Valentine node was the hardest for me, because all I had was a silver Graveyard and a gold Killjoy (7,000ish). It was a constant race to do enough damage to overtake the opposing Valentines' regen.

The third-to-last node I beat with a Hack N' Splash (3,000ish), a newly acquired Silent Kill (wish I had her already upgraded when I was fighting the Valentines) and some low-level gold which I forget.

The last node I beat with the same Hack N' Splash, a Buzzkill (4,000ish) and a Harlequin (7,000ish). I got Harle killed early in the match, so I ended up finishing the first Bella with the Buzzkill (cornered then bled to death) and the second one with HnS (cornered then head-butted to death).

The Beowulf node I finished with a gold Wrestler X (about 6,000), health and ability trees maxed out, and equipped with a burst, Wulf Blitzer, Wulfmania, Geatish Trepak and Lupine Pummel. At first, I tried the cheese strategy (see below), but I kept messing up the timing (I am just not good with Beo). So I adjusted a bit to use more BBs. I aimed to hit early when I could not hit on time, to force a block. Then I followed with a throw to fill the hype-meter quickly, and when full, I went for a BB and hype mode.

Hope this helps!

For the Peacock solo, I just used the TAF I already had, since I built her up for Peacock Master. Not much to say there. For the Eliza node, I used my Scarlet Viper, and avoided using blockbusters against the Bloodbath. I must've used my Just Kitten and/or my Blue Screen for the triple water, but looking back I'm not sure how since they're pretty low score fighters. Definitely used Poltergust as my main on the last node, with Harle and Icy Hot as support, since my Polter is one of my best combo characters.

For the Beo node I just used the cheesewolf strat:

I just ignored the damage part of his skilltree, since as long as you can do 1% per hit, anything more is unnecessary. It was probably also unnecessary to upgrade his hp, but it did mean that a single messup didn't mean total failure.

Last edited:
Still having trouble with that notorious Triple Beowulf node? Well, vellovello can show you how to do it with just a level 30 gold Wrestler X Beowulf and nearly 40 seconds to spare:
They also made a Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/SkullGirls..._how_to_beat_beowulf_node_in_ascend_of_woman/
(so go give 'em a like or upvote or whatever)

It boils down to move choice and technique! Now the A.I. is more wary of grabs, vellovello demonstrates this can be overcome with a quick hop back and dash attack mixed with grabby blockbusters and Wulf Shoot specials when the enemy blocks.

Still having trouble with that notorious Triple Beowulf node? Well, vellovello can show you how to do it with just a level 30 gold Wrestler X Beowulf and nearly 40 seconds to spare:
They also made a Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/SkullGirls..._how_to_beat_beowulf_node_in_ascend_of_woman/
(so go give 'em a like or upvote or whatever)

It boils down to move choice and technique! Now the A.I. is more wary of grabs, vellovello demonstrates this can be overcome with a quick hop back and dash attack mixed with grabby blockbusters and Wulf Shoot specials when the enemy blocks.
mammamia!
Is there somewhere the Valentine one?

mammamia!
I don’t have a video, but if you have:
-Graveyard shift with ICU marquee as lead
-Surgeon General with trauma center as second

You will easily win

Reactions: Art3mes
I don’t have a video, but if you have:
-Graveyard shift with ICU marquee as lead
-Surgeon General with trauma center as second

You will easily win
I don't have surgeon, pal.
I have lvl 60 Icy Hot, though.
The game strict on giving me any gold Valentine.
lvl 65 still not any gold Val.

mammamia!
nevermind. i teasted both val nodes. super easy! i used graveyard and killjoy on both nodes. grave doesnt have marquee. killjoy have turama center. graveyeard is equiped with one tag out, three dead cross, one throwing vial. every combo is 40-50hits.