• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

The Skullgirls Roster

Rudølf

Reaction score
Let's say the most essential fighters to the games are all added (The Trio.. what's-it-called?), and the game can afford another fighter! Who do you guys wanna see added to the SGM?

KE8I7ru.jpg
Let's get rid of Marie, Black Dahlia, Annie, and whoever else serves an important role in the story, assuming they're done like I said.

By the way, this is just assuming the game does reach that point (a bit of wishful thinking, but nothing wrong with dreaming)! So pick one and let me know!

P.S. I tried doing vote but it reached the maximum halfway-ish ;w;

I'm sorta interested in seeing Molly in action! Who wouldn't right, we see her face all the time. (What? No that's not because my network connection is slow or anything, doof!) But Leduc looks real cool too don't you think?

Lab Zero's hypothetical new character playstyle list: https://www.labzerogames.com/3rdcharacter/
Molly would be very cool with a Tron Bonne-style phone mech.

Given Annie, and after Marie, Umbrella, and Black Dahlia are secured for the complete canon story, I'd pick:

Most Wanted
  • Venus
  • Aeon
Super interesting from a gameplay and story perspective, these two have amazing powers and vital lore connections. The only downside is they are godlike boss characters that don't mix well with general versus fighting (think of all the fighting games and how unlocking the broken final boss to the roster is so unbalanced).

Least Wanted
  • Samson
  • Mrs. Victoria
Samson hulking out and overwhelming Filia is a dark timeline idea that I want no part in. I want more canon, not alternate realities where everything has gone wrong! As for Mrs. Victoria, I have no issue with her vigilante alter ego Deep Violet, but have zero interest to see her fight as normal school teacher.

Personally my preference is for canon characters that are already part of the game as NPCs or part of the lore.
  • Aeon and Venus since they're the remaining two parts of the Trinity (Double being linked to the first, it's unclear as to how, though if we get either / both of these two we might finally have that question answered)
  • Brain Drain so we can learn more about what the heck was going on at Lab 0
  • Minette since she's not only an important supporting cast member in MsFortune's story, but also because Fortune's story ends in a cliffhanger after Minette is kidnapped. I'd be very happy to see the conclusion to that plot thread that's been left dangling for so long.
Not super interested in chars from AUs or ones that only make little cameo appearances but aren't strongly linked to major plot stuff. Sure, some of these chars have more appearances in SGM compared to the console games, but eh, I'd rather know what's going on with the major plot-relevant folks.
  • Dark Samson: AU char
  • Scythana: Cameo in the start of Parasol's story, but could still be interesting because we'd probably get to learn more about the Gigans and the politics of this world
  • Ottomo: We might learn more about the Medicis, but eh, not super interested in him personally
As for the Big 3/4 that are probably the priority, I'm hoping that Marie is first on the list. She's a major character in the console games as the final boss, but not in SGM yet, as her only appearance has been a short one in Filia's Origin.

Last edited:
Like as stated before, I expect Annie/Umbrella/Black Dahlia/Marie to be guaranteed picks down the line, and for good reason

Before I say my picks, one of the reasons I don't think people talk about is something that weighs heavily into my choices: perspective

I think top priority picks to expand the cast should go to not just interesting playstyle characters, but characters that flesh out the world and lore. Why I don't gravitate towards a lot of the DLC fighters is their perspective and struggles are already partially told through another playable character, I.E.:
  • Feng, Taliesin, Hubrecht, Regina, and Beatrix all have "circus performers that are also mafia muscle" already under Cerebella's belt
  • Panzerfaust, Adam, and Molly under Parasoul's government militia (Roxie could work as "working class hero" though)
  • Stanley, Hive, Leduc, and Ileum under Big Band's vigilante heroism (I'd say D. Violet is skimming the line with the superhero persona, but Big Band is more "organized vigilantism" versus D. Violet's individualistic one it seems.)
  • etc.
I want to say that this by no means makes them bad characters, I honestly really like most of them, but I think the characters that should be prioritized to be playable on Mobile are ones that explore corners and groups of the Skullgirls universe we have yet to see fleshed out. I hope that helps people understand my personal choices. Without further ado, after Marie/Umbrella/Annie/Black Dahlia, here are my choices:

1. Scythana
    The character I rooted for in the original ballot, and is still my number 1 pick today. Scythana has a lot to choose from story wise. Her reason for being arrested is thought to be heavily tied to Isaac, and the time/universe shenanigans happening. Not just that, but as a prisoner she gets to shed light on the type of people the Canopy Kingdom arrests, and how they react to everything given the current circumstances. AND EVEN MORE as a half gigan we can get more perspective from her side and how she reacts to how the kingdom sees Gigans/half Gigans.
    Her "pick up corpses" mechanic has always been one of my personal favorites, and she also adds another heavy character to the roster in Skullgirls kind of lightweight cast. I remember seeing people being utterly fascinated by how she'd might play, even wondering if her "jump" was her just standing up.
    And finally, aesthetically I think Scythana stands out from the majority of the cast with the prison garb and extreme lanky silhouette. Not as much as she could, but definitely high up there.

2. Minette
    Even I cannot resist the charm of bubbly waitress fish girl. Anyway something I noticed that the Skullgirls cast doesn't really have is a "common man" character. Some working class level person who's just trying to get through the day to day. We get glimpses of it in Ms. Fortune's story, but I also think a little more perspective on the lives of the Dagonians would be appreciated, especially considering she's the "River King's" daughter. I'm assuming she's not very financially connected if she's working in Yu-Wan's restaurant.
    Her gameplay style of "accidentally assaulting you while she serves food" is also charmingly hilarious. Plus I'd love a character that's like Eliza's moves with Albus and Horace extended to her whole kit. And, this is only speculation on my part, but I'd have a feeling "food" and healing other teammates would come with her kit.
    Aesthetically I think Minette's near the very top of the list, extremely memorable design.
There are others I personally want but I think those are better served for down the line story-wise (Brain Drain, Isaac, Venus, Aeon, etc.), so I think I'll end it there. I'm putting personal bets on Marie being the character, but here's to hoping everyone!