• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Best MA for Eliza?

Mirak

Reaction score
I have both Diva intervention and Bloodbath, both maxed out, only need to unlock their MAs. Which one do you have for your Eliza and why?

What's confusing me is that both Elizas have a way of regaining health, BB through regen and DI through Sekhmet. I use both for rifts, and planning to use them for defense as well when I get the catalysts I need for them. And the gaining meter MA doesn't seem worth it to me - I am not sure if it will make any difference in a match.

Let me know what you think!

I wish I had a better answer to this as an Eliza fan. Either has it's advantages. The Meter Gain one is probably the more obvious, provided she's not on the front line, as having her BB3 full when she tags in can be a huge plus. But the one of the worst fights I've ever had has involved a Bloodbath Eliza with the health one maxed out who kept tagging out. Every time I defeated an ally to get her back in front I had yet another pile of HP to pound through.

I have both Diva intervention and Bloodbath, both maxed out, only need to unlock their MAs. Which one do you have for your Eliza and why?

Let me know what you think!

First of all. What Fanghoul said up there.

Second, Eliza MA is pretty much "personal" you know. It is not like asking which MA for Doublicious, which the answer is always Chaos. Personally, from the player perspective, I found Ritual Sacrifice is more useful for Eliza. Why? The way it built, gives her enough Meter Gain to essentially cause an endless combo.

Why Eliza so satisfying to use? Because of how her Sekhmet works with her endless combo. For example, when she Tag In or she is on the 2nd slot or 3rd (with Meter ready thanks to Ritual Sacrifice), you just immediately spam any Sekhmet on your enemy. If your enemy Blocks it. Worry not my friend, just use Shekmet's Unblockable Charge and voila! You got the opening to attack.

I found Ritual Sacrifice / Meter one is a more threatening defense. Yup, probably we notice how dumb Eliza AI work, BUT of course the concern will be there when she / AI has a BB3 ready. Right?

Don't get me wrong. Again, Eliza's MA is personal. That doesn't mean the Blood Oath is bad. Nope. I open Blood Oath to my Stand Out and Scarlet Viper. Because they need it. That's it. SO because she has huge HP and Scarlet because she tends to Bleed herself lol.

Eliza is one of my favorite characters and you can go either way. From experience I have come to like blood oath a lot, on defense its pretty useful to have if eliza is a carry and you have a bronze in your background team, let them die for 50 health each. Defensively blood oath i think is better, elizas ai sucks and shes very interceptable so 100% meter isnt really super scary on elizas.

I have also found that with 3 sehkmet bb1s you really dont need massive meter gain, as long sehkmet loops will grant enough meter and elizas bb3 isn't really good offensively for the amount of hits it does and how long it lasts. The only reason I would bring an eliza bb3 (offensively) is as a safety cushion if things are going wrong, but never in the entire time it took me to take bbath to level 60 did i ever bring her bb3, as the 3 sehkmet bb1s, chaos banish and upper khat did more than her bb3 could ever do.

Last edited:
All I can say is that a player had a nice cheese strategy on a eliza node in rifts, SO and BBath, both had Ritual, I killed BBath, I messed up my timing and the SO BB3d me, the node had doomsday device (specifically for eliza) and upgraded it to max, and so I helplessly watched my character die as I couldnt tag out due to the effects of Eliza's BB3.

Thank you all for the replies, you make good arguments for both MAs. Regaining health seems more valuable to me - especially when I screw up. For defense though, I might have to wait and see where I want to put them in rifts and choose the MA accordingly.

Reactions: fanghoul
Yup, probably we notice how dumb Eliza AI work, BUT of course the concern will be there when she / AI has a BB3 ready. Right?

I keep praying they'll get around to upgrading her AI, because she's got a ton of defensive potential and is frequently just *so* bad at actually defending a node.

Reactions: Art3mes and Mirak
All I can say is that a player had a nice cheese strategy on a eliza node in rifts, SO and BBath, both had Ritual, I killed BBath, I messed up my timing and the SO BB3d me, the node had doomsday device (specifically for eliza) and upgraded it to max, and so I helplessly watched my character die as I couldnt tag out due to the effects of Eliza's BB3.

That's kinda what I'm trying to build as well, but with Mummy, Velvet and Bloodbath. I plan on eventually replacing Bloodbath with Stand Out. For catas I'm using Doomsday and Pharaohmones for sure, but I'm still kinda in doubt between Super Slo-Mo or Curse of Knowledge for the third one. I feel like SS-M really screws up people's combos, giving Eliza more survivability and more openings to BB3, but with CoK combined with Pharaomones the opponent is basically gonna be Cursed all the time (especially on the water, air and light top node because those all give the defending fighters buffs for being hit), making the BB3 Doom almost guaranteed to be inflicted when she gets to use it and giving the opponent much less of a chance of surviving the doom with a Final Stand or Blessing...

I think this is also a very good fit for the Fire boss node because this is its modifier for all elements: "Hits quickly build blockbuster-meter if the opponent is blocking". Eliza is known for not having the best AI so she gets blocked a lot when attacking. With this modifier that's going to work in her favor as she's gonna gain bb-meter like crazy and maybe even BB3 right out of a combo when being blocked, forcing the opponent to play more aggressively, increasing the risk of making a mistake, which in this case might lead to a guaranteed 10 second doom.

Last edited:
That's kinda what I'm trying to build as well, but with Mummy, Velvet and Bloodbath. I plan on eventually replacing Bloodbath with Stand Out. For catas I'm using Doomsday and Pharaohmones for sure, but I'm still kinda in doubt between Super Slo-Mo or Curse of Knowledge for the third one. I feel like SS-M really screws up people's combos, giving Eliza more survivability and more openings to BB3, but with CoK combined with Pharaomones the opponent is basically gonna be Cursed all the time (especially on the water, air and light top node because those all give the defending fighters buffs for being hit), making the BB3 Doom almost guaranteed to be inflicted when she gets to use it and giving the opponent much less of a chance of surviving the doom with a Final Stand or Blessing...

I think this is also a very good fit for the Fire boss node because this is its modifier for all elements: "Hits quickly build blockbuster-meter if the opponent is blocking". Eliza is known for not having the best AI so she gets blocked a lot when attacking. With this modifier that's going to work in her favor as she's gonna gain bb-meter like crazy and maybe even BB3 right out of a combo when being blocked, forcing the opponent to play more aggressively, increasing the risk of making a mistake, which in this case might lead to a guaranteed 10 second doom.

I'd be curious about your move loadout for Mummy. I've fought her a lot on Peacock's final Master Mode node for the XP, and she seems strongly inclined towards killing herself on defense. Definitely can pull a BB3 out faster than average but will also use a special move even if it kills her.

(Really wish we could fight our own nodes to test these things out better)

I'd be curious about your move loadout for Mummy. I've fought her a lot on Peacock's final Master Mode node for the XP, and she seems strongly inclined towards killing herself on defense. Definitely can pull a BB3 out faster than average but will also use a special move even if it kills her.

(Really wish we could fight our own nodes to test these things out better)

For Mummy I have the BB3, the three Sekhmet BB's and then Scarlet Ladies as her only special move. Only one because if she's got more, the chances of using them too soon after one another (i.e. before the Heavy Regen from the first one runs out, thus taking off a second 20% of her health, but this time without giving her the 10 second heavy regen to make up for it) are really big when controlled by AI, which is exactly the "problem" you describe with the Eliza on Peacock master.
I'd been thinking whether she should have Scarlet Ladies or Chaos Banish, but I felt that it was most important that she gets back her lost health (and more, due to SL giving another 12% health with regular regen on top of the needed 20% from the Heavy regen) as quickly as possible. With this it only takes 7 seconds for her to get back the 20% instead of needing the full 10 seconds.
The three Sekhmets for the Blessing they give, as well as being I think the core of Eliza's moveset on offense. The BB3 for obvious reasons in this situation.
I have a lot of special cooldown so in reality she can reuse SL after 7 seconds, but AI's usually don't use the same move that quickly right after another + the chance of the situation being so that exactly in those last 3 seconds neither fighter is in a combo, especially so shortly after her getting 50% blockbuster meter, is VERY slim. And I don't think many players will risk letting her get another 50% BB-meter and therefore her BB3, just to have her take off 20% of her health (12% of which WILL be regenerated anyways due to her getting the regular regen regardless of timing).

And on top of all that is that all the Sekhmets + a decent amount of meter gain makes the possibility of her killing herself with her sa even less of a problem, because she'll most likely have at least one stack of Blessing anyways when it happens, letting her at least stall JUST a bit more time, but maybe doing more if there's 3+ stacks of it.

(Yeah I wish we could fight our own nodes as well. But that might also maybe put TOO much power in the hands of the rift builder, and take away the last bit of guessing/personal flavor, reducing the whole process to what is essentially a sort of trial-and-error math problem. That would really take the fun out of it tbh)

Last edited:
all this talk of trying our own rift. i have half a heart to just make another account in the vain hope to find my map and test it out that way.

Reactions: Art3mes
For Mummy I have the BB3, the three Sekhmet BB's and then Scarlet Ladies as her only special move. Only one because if she's got more, the chances of using them too soon after one another (i.e. before the Heavy Regen from the first one runs out, thus taking off a second 20% of her health, but this time without giving her the 10 second heavy regen to make up for it) are really big when controlled by AI, which is exactly the "problem" you describe with the Eliza on Peacock master.
I'd been thinking whether she should have Scarlet Ladies or Chaos Banish, but I felt that it was most important that she gets back her lost health (and more, due to SL giving another 12% health with regular regen on top of the needed 20% from the Heavy regen) as quickly as possible. With this it only takes 7 seconds for her to get back the 20% instead of needing the full 10 seconds.
The three Sekhmets for the Blessing they give, as well as being I think the core of Eliza's moveset on offense. The BB3 for obvious reasons in this situation.
I have a lot of special cooldown so in reality she can reuse SL after 7 seconds, but AI's usually don't use the same move that quickly right after another + the chance of the situation being so that exactly in those last 3 seconds neither fighter is in a combo, especially so shortly after her getting 50% blockbuster meter, is VERY slim. And I don't think many players will risk letting her get another 50% BB-meter and therefore her BB3, just to have her take off 20% of her health (12% of which WILL be regenerated anyways due to her getting the regular regen regardless of timing).

And on top of all that is that all the Sekhmets + a decent amount of meter gain makes the possibility of her killing herself with her sa even less of a problem, because she'll most likely have at least one stack of Blessing anyways when it happens, letting her at least stall JUST a bit more time, but maybe doing more if there's 3+ stacks of it.

(Yeah I wish we could fight our own nodes as well. But that might also maybe put TOO much power in the hands of the rift builder, and take away the last bit of guessing/personal flavor, reducing the whole process to what is essentially a sort of trial-and-error math problem. That would really take the fun out of it tbh)

Thank you for the long write up. Mummy is one of those characters I haven't heard a lot about, particularly anything positive, so I appreciate the insight into how she can actually work well.