• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL FAQ: Annie 2nd Encore (+ New Character?!)

Can we expect Annie to come with at least 27 color palettes when she launches in 2nd Encore, including the 12 she already has in Mobile? Will Annie's be receiving any sort of backer color slots as well?
What about new palette editions to the current cast members, like Beowulf's "Beast King" color or the Steven Universe colors shown in this tweet?:

Is Minette a viable candidate to be a playable character?

Also are we ever going to see a Palette editor?
(I would rip my hair out if we would get that!!!!!!)
We already have a pallete editor though

I doubt it... People did pay for their ugly custom palettes to be made through Indiegogo, after all so that would sort of defeat the purpose of that.
please stop with that argument already, its been like 8+ years, just cause some people payed 200 bucks 8 years ago does not mean its not possible.

Thanks for all the questions, folks!
We're going to sit down for a proper answering session asap and respond to as many as we can.

One of the pictures posted in the OP is an Ice Cream Truck that has the lines of that infamous Ice Cream Umbrella comic. Umbrella is 100% coming to Skullgirls this year.
That picture was also used to tease Annie... so uh... maybe don't read too much into it?

Obligatory "All hail Krazete!"
SGM palette editor: https://sgmpalette.netlify.app/
SGM card creator: https://sgmcard.netlify.app/
SGM fighter gallery/tier listing: https://sgm.netlify.app/
SGM skill tree calculator: https://krazete.github.io/sgmtree/

(The downside to Krazete's brilliance is they are always moving onto the next invention and leaving some projects in need of updates behind)

But yeah, an in-game palette editor or even a spin-off app would be fantastic. I can't see HVS letting people play with their creations though (imagine someone turning the transparency to 0% so you are fighting line art or colors that make discerning what variant is what difficult).

One of the pictures posted in the OP is an Ice Cream Truck that has the lines of that infamous Ice Cream Umbrella comic. Umbrella is 100% coming to Skullgirls this year.
I probably should've been more clear. That "probably not" was in reference to you asking if Annie is going to have a period where she is free. I tried to separate the topics by paragraphs, but I can see why you'd think I was talking about Umbrella.

Yeah though, Umbrella, Dhalia, and Minette are the likely choices. I'd give Umbrella a slightly higher chance than the other two, but it's still something like a 39%, 29%, 29% split, with the remaining 3% being that any other character gets picked. And I say this as the guy who hopes it's Venus

Y'know I paid for one of those palettes :p
Wouldn't happen to be the Porrim colors for Eliza would it? They're my go to colors for my Squiggly/Eliza duo along with the Poltergust palette.

Last edited:
This is so exciting! Though I was never able to get into 2nd Encore, I am so thrilled to see it grow and flourish!!

The fact that you guys are already announcing a new character is CRAZY AWESOME!! So now only did Annie succeed, but the game is growing and coming back to life!!
(Little story: When I first discovered Skullgirls, it wasn't releasing any more characters and it seemed the game was dying, I was so sad I missed the golden age of Skullgirls. Now, I have a chance to live in these amazing years and see the game grow for myself-- horray!)

I'm placing my bets on Umbrella being the new character (no surprise there) but I'd honestly love to see Black Dahlia or Minette.

Personally, my vote would would actually go to STANLEY

download.jpeg.jpg

**I apologize for the cursed image**

But really.. Stanley

20210201_211911.jpg

Another question, for the upcoming balance patch, are we going to see Eliza buffs (?) as she is nowhere to be seen in top competitive play!

This is awesome. I'm really excited with this News

Looking forward to the many lab hours with Annie.

I wish I had a bit more in-depth stuff to add to this discussion, but other than mirroring the hype that other folks have for the reveal of another new character and the relief that Annie's still on track for an Early 2021 release in 2E (despite everything that went down last year), I don't have too much to add, which is why I just memed in my earlier post.

Except this...

The joke reveals, in order:
1. News Anchor
2. Skeleton
3. Ice Cream Truck

Characters these joke reveals can be linked to, in the same order:
1. News Anchor = TV Star = Annie
2. Skeleton = Skullgirl = Marie
3. Ice Cream Truck = Ice Cream = Umbrella

Is it possible staff have been hinting at the release order for new characters since the very beginning?

But that's just a theory, a Game Theory!

Last edited:

https://sgmpalette.netlify.app/ This is a palette editor. I don't think it receives updates anymore, though.

I wish I had a bit more in-depth stuff to add to this discussion, but other than mirroring the hype that other folks have for the reveal of another new character and the relief that Annie's still on track for an Early 2021 release in 2E (despite everything that went down last year), I don't have too much to add, which is why I just memed in my earlier post.

Except this...

The joke reveals, in order:
1. News Anchor
2. Skeleton
3. Ice Cream Truck

Characters these joke reveals can be linked to, in the same order:
1. News Anchor = TV Star = Annie
2. Skeleton = Skullgirl = Marie
3. Ice Cream Truck = Ice Cream = Umbrella

Is it possible staff have been hinting at the release order for new characters since the very beginning?

But that's just a theory, a Game Theory!
A playable Marie!? Now that would be pretty interesting. I can see it now.. she would be projectile heavy and probably a slow mover, but a bit of a tank in health. Yes... It's all coming together... *rubs hands schemingly*

(Personal opinion)
I just don't want any "smol" and cute characters like Umbrella,etc. to be released, yet. (don't kill me😖)
Because I feel bad when I hit them with certain characters.
I really feel bad for Annie when I hit her with Beowulf's Lupine Pummel (those knees to the stomach, ouch!).

Peacock is fine...
Don't kill me, please