• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Walking the Beat

wadu

Reaction score
Big Band's daily event is bullshit. You created a situation where the opponent has infinite unflinching and invincibility when armored for a character that doesn't have armor breaking or debuff removal. If you're going to challenge the players, then at the very least have it around what that character can do to consistently counter it. A more reasonable challenge would have people gain armor to increase their damage output or reward us for successfully stunning the opponent. You want to stun them because the opponent has a constant regen and the stun removes the regen for 15 seconds.

I agree that Band's Daily is harder than most others (Robo and Fukua are still even more stressful, IMO). But it should be considered as an attempt to make you think outside the box.

For most characters, the way you play in Dailies is just the same you play in any other mode - "wait for opponent's unsafe move, punish with your longest combo, win" - so Walking the Beat was obviuosly designed to promote a different playstyle. Ben, with his awesome combo potential, is excellent with long multi-hit chains, but you often forget, how usable his Charge attack is for greeting a new Fighter entering the arena. Try using Charge->SSJ->"A" Train for low hit number, punch-packing smasher.

The only detail that really puts my chair on fire is the fact that all three buffs (Armor, Unflinching, Invincible) can proc on a single hit. The modifier description suggests that Unflinching only activates when a Fighter already has Armor, and Invincible procs when a Fighter already has Unflinching - it means that you should land at least three hits to activate Invincible. However, I often see the first hit of, for example, SSJ activating all three buffs, rendering the whole Blockbuster useless, and I doubt that it is intentional.

The Almighty @Bones, could you please check it and confirm if it should work that way or not?