• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Event PF Relic Survey - Discussion

evilgordo

Reaction score
I'm sure most of you have seen and/or completed the latest SGM survey.

As far as HVS surveys go, this one was rather focused: Relics from this year's Event PFs.

IMHO, the questions were very...subjective (and repetitive): "How desirable is ______ Relic, and why?"

Desirable? Based on what? I mean, let's not forget these are just Jackpot/Diamond Relics with a smaller pool of characters.
Odds are the same as their non-Event counterparts.

So, that leaves 'fishing' for a specific character. If, in your collection, you have any of the offered Gold/Diamonds in the pool, I'm guessing the desirability goes down based how many of the character you already have.

I know this is the 'first year' that each month will have it's own Event PF, but some PFs (4th of July, Back to School, Halloween, etc.) have had their Event relics exist for a couple of years already and the pools for those changed each year. So, next year, if pools change that will change the desirability as well (better or worse depending on the pool). And let's not get into duplicate Diamonds (yes, prestige is nice and all, but it still feels bad to get a dupe when you wanted a new Diamond).

So, what I'm trying to say is that the 'desirability' of these Event Relics are on a sliding scale based on one's collection. For the enfranchised players (with almost complete collections), these relics offer nothing 'special'.

Well, IIRC, there were some Event Relics that were 'desirable' to everyone...Shamrock, Revolutionary and Ornamental Relics of 2021! Why?
YBkuvLk.png

Because they had a NEW character! 3 new characters in fact!

Now, I know, I know, HVS can't put 3 new characters every month...Not saying that. In fact, if there was only 1 New character and was only available in Event relics...that could be pretty exciting, if not a little more desirable. Sorta like Elemental Relic exclusive characters, only Event Relic Exclusive characters. (I believe something like this has been hinted at with the ????? Diamond Umbrella already seeded in Spooky/Nightmare Relics.) Now, 1 new character per Event that would be amazing, but to be realistic, it could be 1 for the year and in every Event Relic and after a year, can be released to the general population.

The survey, while IMHO was subjective and repetitive, it DOES tips HVS hand that they are considering to 'shake up' Event PF relics in some way. That'll be based on the survey feedback...here's to more desirable Event Relics in the future!

Last edited:
Well said!

By the end of the survey, I think my probably-universal criteria was thoroughly explained:

Relic desire priority:
1. New fighter!? (new for collection < new to the game)
2. Any rare or powerful Diamonds and Golds?
3. Silvers who cares-- wait, is that an Umbrella?

Remember that "Costume Party" one Halloween? A bunch of new "costumed" silvers was amazing. Great way to debut new fighters.

Of all the holiday month PFs, the current A Class of One's Own PF has the weakest hold on my interest. Both relics have good fighters, but I was lucky enough to have them all already. Zero motivation to climb to 150mil. for just prestige.

Remember that "Costume Party" one Halloween? A bunch of new "costumed" silvers was amazing. Great way to debut new fighters.
Totally! It was the 1st Halloween PF... and those 6 new silvers was why it was named Costume Party, such a strong theme that PF. I still have 1 Haunted Relic!

Reactions: Cherri_N666
As I keep on updating the relic rewards for each event every month, I find it slightly disappointing that elemental exclusive fighters do not appear in these events anymore. It's ridiculously difficult to get them and in the past, these events serve as a really neat alternative way to fill up your collection from the smaller pools. It's still luck-based and RNG, but knowing that I have a higher chance to get them at least once a year fills me with a bit of hope. And I have been getting them from these events (only missing Grim Fan now). If it weren't for these events, I would only have like.. 1 or 2.

I know I'm in the minority here but the last few events haven't been enticing. Only 1 Silver Umbrella per event in the reward pool is sad. At this point, getting Umbrella fodders are my main priority to evolve more of them to Diamond (and to test them out, see how they perform).

I do like the Diamond-pool though, those ones have had top tier Diamonds every time (although I have most of them so it's just Prestige fodder for me).

I know I'm in the minority here but the last few events haven't been enticing. Only 1 Silver Umbrella per event in the reward pool is sad. At this point, getting Umbrella fodders are my main priority to evolve more of them to Diamond (and to test them out, see how they perform).
Yes, It's disappointing that the silver-pools have been so diluted compared to the 'old' PF Event Relics

It used to be 3 Dia, 3 Gold and 3 Silver. Odds are odds, so why so many silvers now? You can't say cuz Umbrella is in the pool, since they started adding 9 silvers with the 2021 Halloween PF Relics...I think this was meant to dilute to the ability to rapidly Max-out Prestige of those silver characters.

Last edited:
I wrote in the survey response that they probably didn’t ask the right questions. As Gordo stated, these are very subjective and the scale basically is based on where each player is at with their collection progress. They could’ve asked just one general question about how we felt about the impact of these pools towards our progress. Honestly, they probably could get better information by analyzing user data rather than asking us for vague answers. I feel like it’s a missed opportunity to engage the community in providing opinions in other topics that might be more meaningful.

I’m skipping around because too lazy to edit on a phone but a new topic…the rest are just random, unconnected thoughts.

At least next Spooky relic contains two diamonds I don’t have: Dream Demon and the ??? Dark Umbrella. You can preview the content if you had saved one from previous years.

At this point, I’m 189/193 and almost all of these relics aren’t useful anymore. Granted it’s because of the diamond relic at 150m that I was able to finally bring that catalog count up, so I think they are worth grinding for in case we can save until the loop table changes in future years…

I did suggest the idea of opening up to the community (forum, Twitter) to ask players to vote, from a preselected pool, to be included in these relics. It will generate hype and also ideally help more people potentially progress with their collection.

Reactions: evilgordo and ZeoW