• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

choriflancito

Reaction score
I haven't had the chance to try out all of the 5 variants that have an SA with this condition, I did use Chameleon Twist in the past and Ms. Trial recently and boy, it's just very inconsistent. Many times you'll intercept an opponent that's dashing at you and not proc your abilities which really, really sucks keeping in mind most of the time you ar eactively taking a risk to activate it.
I'm guessing what happens is you hit an opponent who's dashing and just before the dash attacks, cancels into some other action that's not blocking. While I think it's ok for the AI to block after dashing at you, I really don't understand what's the point in not considering a dash cancel into a jab as a "dashing opponent". It just makes these variants so, so much worse and that just sucks. Maybe the reason is something else I'm not seeing though, I'd love to be proven wrong, but I think the fact still is the same: this condition isn't consistent and needs a change.
Some ideas:
-Just change those variants to "hitting an attacking opponent". It won't trigger every time, but that's fine. Other variants use this condition and work okay.
-Change what's considered a "dashing opponent" to refer to a wider amount of situations.
I think either of those options should be enough, and fairly straightforward to implement. I see no reason to not change this, unless devs actually want these variants to be weak. If that is the case, I humbly ask you to please just rework them and then nerf them, it's horrible having so many variants with untapped potential due to undesired behaviour like this. Very similar to HH's situation. I really wanna emphasize I'd like the dev team to prioritize these stuff, specially if it's something easily fixable by changing the condition to an attacking opponent.
PD.: I really wanted to talk about Ms. Trial but decided it was best to open a new thread https://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/ms-trial-cant-be-as-good-as-she-should.19192/ .

Last edited:
Reactions: CheeseBurger
I haven't had the chance to try out all of the 5 variants that have an SA with this condition, I did use Chameleon Twist in the past and Ms. Trial recently and boy, it's just very inconsistent. Many times you'll intercept an opponent that's dashing at you and not proc your abilities which really, really sucks keeping in mind most of the time you ar eactively taking a risk to activate it.
I'm guessing what happens is you hit an opponent who's dashing and just before the dash attacks, cancels into some other action that's not blocking. While I think it's ok for the AI to block after dashing at you, I really don't understand what's the point in not considering a dash cancel into a jab as a "dashing opponent". It just makes these variants so, so much worse and that just sucks. Maybe the reason is something else I'm not seeing though, I'd love to be proven wrong, but I think the fact still is the same: this condition isn't consistent and needs a change.
Some ideas:
-Just change those variants to "hitting an attacking opponent". It won't trigger every time, but that's fine. Other variants use this condition and work okay.
-Change what's considered a "dashing opponent" to refer to a wider amount of situations.
I think either of those options should be enough, and fairly straightforward to implement. I see no reason to not change this, unless devs actually want these variants to be weak. If that is the case, I humbly ask you to please just rework them and then nerf them, it's horrible having so many variants with untapped potential due to undesired behaviour like this. Very similar to HH's situation. I really wanna emphasize I'd like the dev team to prioritize these stuff, specially if it's something easily fixable by changing the condition to an attacking opponent.
PD.: I really wanted to talk about Ms. Trial but decided it was best to open a new thread https://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/ms-trial-cant-be-as-good-as-she-should.19192/ .
By while "hitting an attacking opponent", Those 2 variants will be much more over powerful.
Chameleon Twist has it's own certain usage, like Chameleon is perfect against Valentine, Big Band, and Double, there's a trick to activate her SA, although it's much more dangerous, but it's still durable if you kept training how to use her. You'll know better.

Reactions: Erick Draves
Of course making them have an SA that's more consistent will make them a lot more powerful, they could be toned down to compensate. My point is not "make them stronger", it's "make them consistent".
I'm not sure I understood the Chameleon part, if you're telling me I should know better before talking then I don't know why you asume I'm not aware of her gameplay? She can be good at exploiting the AI behaviour, that's true, but I just think the dashing opponent thing is not very solid. Also, don't be so mysterious about "the trick" lol.
In any case, do you think Chameleon's cheesy gameplay can be applied to the other variants too?

Last edited:
Ms. Trial with this buff will be so great

Of course making them have an SA that's more consistent will make them a lot more powerful, they could be toned down to compensate. My point is not "make them stronger", it's "make them consistent".
I'm not sure I understood the Chameleon part, if you're telling me I should know better before talking then I don't know why you asume I'm not aware of her gameplay? She can be good at exploiting the AI behaviour, that's true, but I just think the dashing opponent thing is not very solid. Also, don't be so mysterious about "the trick" lol.
In any case, do you think Chameleon's cheesy gameplay can be applied to the other variants too?
Yes, Chameleon's SA can be applied to any variants regarding to these characters - Big Band, Valentine and Double. Well, against a Resonant Evil, you have to get immunity first, with sketchy and Evergreen Evil in your team, you'll be unstoppable. And to that "trick" that I'm saying, i have a solid proof to show you, it's in my yt ch and it's up to you if you want to watch it.