• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Just... Super new, and unlucky

Gibraltor

Reaction score
So I've been playing since Sunday, and I know how to search through forums but haven't exactly seen answers I am looking for.

Is there any combo that works for all? Like, tap 4x, swipe up, etc. Is it worth upgrading the maximum combos node?

What characters should I focus on? I loved Eliza when I first saw her so I bought like 6 of her packs, only got two different silvers and a few of her bronze ones. I have a Rage Appropriate Painwheel and Hair Apparent Filia. I have 16 fighters, but that's because I keep powering up my characters with their copies. Is this the right choice? I don't have a ton of time to play, I don't need an army.

I have yet to get any gold... Is this uncommon? My max FS is 918, I have beaten the game to the point of ascent of a woman, I beat advance on the first story, and the first chapter of the second story. I have spent $15 on the game so far. Am I doing poorly or is this accurate. Would it behoove me to spend $30 and buy 22 regular packs? Would that more than likely net me a gold? Should I buy a beowolf pack? Is he found in regular packs?

The money spending is my biggest concern for now, I did see the thread on the 6% for buying 10 packs thing.

Thanks guys!

The odds are pretty even that if you buy 3 of the 10+1 packs you will get a gold, but there's still a fair chance you wouldn't. So for 6 relics it's not too surprising you didn't. I think if you don't mind the money too much, putting a little down in the beginning is the best time to do it since it lets you place in the gold events and earn more golds. You can enter gold events with silver fighters but it's a hard slog with an all silver team.

If you really don't want to spend money though, the rewards for story mode are quite good and you should eventually build up enough theonite and relics to hit gold. If you don't mind what character to go for, the Premiere relics are a better deal than the character-specific ones. I believe Beowulf will start showing up in those after the next patch.

You dont really need to put in any money for this game except that it kinda shows support. I have only spent $5 in this game and didnt get much out of it. It is best to save your theonite and do a multi pull, because the rate is a little higher but not by much and you do get an extra character. And it seems like youve only started a few days ago, so its fine to not have gold but you'll soon get a gold if you play more and upgrade your characters. Also playing in the prized fights and getting a high score will get you goodies. Hope you are enjoying the game and welcome to skullgirls mobile gaming.

Thanks guys! So still kind of unclear then, I would really hate to spend $30 and not get any gold. But maybe if I powered up my weak links from it... But I have made worst decisions, I'll see what I can get I guess! Is it better to open one at a time or altogether? Do I buy the 10 and open them? Or buy 20 first and open them?
Game is awesome! I love that it is not PC in anyway, total and utter fan service lol.

Is the starter Peacock bugged? I keep using her in prize fight and she freezes my game...

Oh and I saw where one guy chugged through, beat the whole story in 2 days and had 3 golds already.... Soooo that was discouraging to say the least lol.

I dont want to say dont spend any money but this game does give you a generous amount of theonite to do many multiple pulls when you play this game. No matter what the rates will be the same even if you spend or dont spend money. As a starting player its best to do multi pulls(I think I'm just repeating myself) when you do a multi pull I believe you open them all at the same time.

As for the bug you might was to see if its in the bug report section of the forum and see if anyone had the same issue if not you can make a bug report there by saying what happened and a Dev or someone who works with the game will help you.

That's WHAT you meant by multi pull, I gotcha. Thanks again guys! Look forward to hanging around here!

Oh ya, and is it alright to power up characters with their dupes or is that dumb?

Well I did it, got 4 silvers out of 22 characters, the rest were bronze. My shard to relic also gave me a silver... I know nothing is guaranteed but this is very disheartening that one can spend $45 on a game and still have zero golds. I will not be spending another dime on this game now.

Please for the love of God do not power up with dupes. Dupes are far more valuable than XP. XP is easily attainable from farming prize fights. Dupes provide an excellent source of SP and can be used to evolve max level bronze/silver fighters.

Ah gotcha, well too late for now lol. I don't have the super time to put into this game. But I now know for the future!

From one relative newbie to another (about 2 weeks now):

• What Keebs said - Do not use other fighters to power up your better Fighter Score characters, the XP gain is pittance and you're wasting potential Skill Points. Instead enter into Prize Fights with a strong character and 2 weaker ones as this will do 2 things: Power-level the little'uns (getting SP to upgrade your preferred fighters) and making PFs easier so you can increase your streak and keep gaining more and more XP (while achieving milestone and % rewards).
  • The story mode and origin stories offer good rewards but will always be there, don't feel compelled to rush through them.
  • Theonite and Canopy Coins are both important resources, the later being a higher commodity as time goes on. At the start you're better off saving the Theonite to purchase the 10+1 premiere relic bundles because having a variety means you can complete fighter-specific missions and you will get used to playing (and going against) those characters. Hoard coins to upgrade skill trees for better fighters and special moves/block busters with good stats.
  • Never buy the move relics, you will find a lot of them during normal gameplay.
  • The odds of finding a gold character aren't too great and a lot of your 10+1 pulls will result in 1 or 2 silvers with the rest bronze but there's still some solid fighters to be had in the silver and even bronze ranks. A lot of the game can be played and enjoyed with lower-FS characters.
  • If you don't mind some off-topic chatter and banter the Skullgirls Mobile Discord is a good place to go if you have some questions or just want to talk about the game, folks are pretty friendly and helpful with an assortment of experience levels.
In response to some of your other questions... Beowulf is currently found in his specific relic but in version 1.4.0 (coming in a few days!) he will have a chance to appear in premiere relics like all of the other characters. Your typical attack string is dash attack (single hit), full ground combo, launch, air combo and then a sweep but as you've likely seen some fighters will hit the enemy away while others will have an iffy sweep that is a bit too slow or outright misses the opponent. Over time you will grow accustomed to these nuances and before you know it you will be remembering that X cannot do Y against Z because of their hitbox size/recovery frames/whatever.

Last edited:
From one relative newbie to another (about 2 weeks now):

• What Keebs said - Do not use other fighters to power up your better Fighter Score characters, the XP gain is pittance and you're wasting potential Skill Points. Instead enter into Prize Fights with a strong character and 2 weaker ones as this will do 2 things: Power-level the little'uns (getting SP to upgrade your preferred fighters) and making PFs easier so you can increase your streak and keep gaining more and more XP (while achieving milestone and % rewards).
  • The story mode and origin stories offer good rewards but will always be there, don't feel compelled to rush through them.
  • Theonite and Canopy Coins are both important resources, the later being a higher commodity as time goes on. At the start you're better off saving the Theonite to purchase the 10+1 premiere relic bundles because having a variety means you can complete fighter-specific missions and you will get used to playing (and going against) those characters. Hoard coins to upgrade skill trees for better fighters and special moves/block busters with good stats.
  • Never buy the move relics, you will find a lot of them during normal gameplay.
  • The odds of finding a gold character aren't too great and a lot of your 10+1 pulls will result in 1 or 2 silvers with the rest bronze but there's still some solid fighters to be had in the silver and even bronze ranks. A lot of the game can be played and enjoyed with lower-FS characters.
  • If you don't mind some off-topic chatter and banter the Skullgirls Mobile Discord is a good place to go if you have some questions or just want to talk about the game, folks are pretty friendly and helpful with an assortment of experience levels.
In response to some of your other questions... Beowulf is currently found in his specific relic but in version 1.4.0 (coming in a few days!) he will have a chance to appear in premiere relics like all of the other characters. Your typical attack string is dash attack (single hit), full ground combo, launch, air combo and then a sweep but as you've likely seen some fighters will hit the enemy away while others will have an iffy sweep that is a bit too slow or outright misses the opponent. Over time you will grow accustomed to these nuances and before you know it you will be remembering that X cannot do Y against Z because of their hitbox size/recovery frames/whatever.

Thanks for the sound advice! Have you managed gold characters yet in your 2 weeks? From looking around the forums, I unfortunately do not have any of the preferred silvers :/

I have. I gained Parasite Weave Filia in the first 10+1 bundle I did and my second gold was frustratingly the exact same character. After some leveling and elbow grease I managed to win Epic Sax Big Band and Harlequin Cerebella from the recent gold PFs, I'm expecting to win a third Parasite Weave soon though I only did it for the other rewards (but I won't complain about levelling her for SP).

Some people have been playing for longer than I have and don't have a gold yet but I should mention I have played this game a lot since starting. While I haven't pulled a gold in the last 3 10+1 bundles I had some luck in the first couple of days and it gave me a good character to focus on. If you have any doubts about what to level up then you can always post a screenshot of your collection and we can share our thoughts.

Last edited:
I have. I gained Parasite Weave Filia in the first 10+1 bundle I did and my second gold was frustratingly the exact same character. After some leveling and elbow grease I managed to win Epic Sax Big Band and Harlequin Cerebella from the recent gold PFs, I'm expecting to win a third Parasite Weave soon though I only did it for the other rewards (but I won't complain about levelling her for SP).

Some people have been playing for longer than I have and don't have a gold yet but I should mention I have played this game a lot since starting. While I haven't pulled a gold in the last 3 10+1 bundles I had some luck in the first couple of days and it gave me a good character to focus on.
That's pretty sweet! How much effort did it take you to EARN the gold card? Is it more worth doing the gold tier than silver tier? How fast do you save up theonite?

When it comes to 10+1 relics you have double the chance of getting a gold from a relic, which is normally about 3% chance from singles, so a 6% from 10+1s.

That's pretty sweet! How much effort did it take you to EARN the gold card? Is it more worth doing the gold tier than silver tier? How fast do you save up theonite?
Hey! Hope it's alright for me to jump right in!

You'll have to generally beat all the tiers for the Prize Fights of the one you're aiming for (meaning, for Gold, you're looking at past 1,000,000 points!) to receive a gold fighter at the very least!

If you really wanna aim for the gold, I wanna say max out your silver fighters first and from there focus on gold! Otherwise, don't be afraid to grind anyway on gold so that way, even if you miss out on an actual gold character, you'll likely get a Silver character advertised there. It's rather tough later in, for the Gold tier, but you can totally get through with a little elbow grease and some Blockbusters!

For example, if I'm correct and Filia's prize fight event is still on, beat about half of her event and you'll get another Hair Apparent, but go all the way and more, and you'll receive a Parasite Weave, and some gold moves!

And on terms of theonite saving, you'll have to keep grinding the daily missions they have every day until the newest update which will give us Daily Logins! Beat the story modes for now and save up big, I'd say! Your level up rewards also help, but, sooner or later it will run dry so, don't rely on it much!

So, don't give up and keep at it, dude! You'll be up in the big leagues in no time!

Hmm, quite a bit. The way I see it each Prize Fight is like an icy mountain trail and when you're starting out it's incredibly hard to gain traction and keep going; any progress you make will be constantly marred by frequent breaks from the lack of energy, decent fighters or because you cannot keep a streak going. You need to be vigilant and put some work into these events if you want any chance at the decent prizes which isn't easy if you don't have the time or decent fighters to begin with; streaks are hard to keep but vital for climbing the ranks.

I would say try the gold PF because there's no harm in that but don't expect to get far. The current one will be ending in less than 12 hours so you could try for a milestone or two and get a feel for it. I'd suggest playing in bronze and silver Prize Fights if you want to put some effort into an upcoming one. I got into the top 10% with 4.5m for Epic Sax and the top 10% for Harlequin with 3.5m, though people say that 2.5m is a good number to shoot for when it comes to the gold Prize Fights. I'm currently at 3.8m for Parasite Weave Filia which is why I'm confident I will nab yet another one.

Theonite comes a lot faster when starting out as you gain it from levelling up your account and completing chapters in story mode, eventually you will have to rely on daily missions and prize fights.

Reactions: DokG
When it comes to 10+1 relics you have double the chance of getting a gold from a relic, which is normally about 3% chance from singles, so a 6% from 10+1s.

Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought that 6% chance only counted towards the bonus +1 relic and the other 10 were still at the normal rate of around 3% each.

Hey! Hope it's alright for me to jump right in!

You'll have to generally beat all the tiers for the Prize Fights of the one you're aiming for (meaning, for Gold, you're looking at past 1,000,000 points!) to receive a gold fighter at the very least!

If you really wanna aim for the gold, I wanna say max out your silver fighters first and from there focus on gold! Otherwise, don't be afraid to grind anyway on gold so that way, even if you miss out on an actual gold character, you'll likely get a Silver character advertised there. It's rather tough later in, for the Gold tier, but you can totally get through with a little elbow grease and some Blockbusters!

For example, if I'm correct and Filia's prize fight event is still on, beat about half of her event and you'll get another Hair Apparent, but go all the way and more, and you'll receive a Parasite Weave, and some gold moves!

And on terms of theonite saving, you'll have to keep grinding the daily missions they have every day until the newest update which will give us Daily Logins! Beat the story modes for now and save up big, I'd say! Your level up rewards also help, but, sooner or later it will run dry so, don't rely on it much!

So, don't give up and keep at it, dude! You'll be up in the big leagues in no time!
You're welcome to join in! Max out like all their skill point nodes? Or just in levels? And do you mean to go ahead and keep doing silver fights until that point?

Congratz on that Barney! Thanks for your extra input!

You're welcome to join in! Max out like all their skill point nodes? Or just in levels? And do you mean to go ahead and keep doing silver fights until that point?

Congratz on that Barney! Thanks for your extra input!
I'd say either! Of course, currency can be a limitation so, try to max levels first and then nodes as you can! The meta is mainly Gold's anyway so, even if you don't have one, that doesn't mean your silver and bronze fighters can't be ever useful!

And, of course, you can keep doing gold fights, but as @Barney had noted, you may not go so far just yet! I would stick with silver fights for now so it's easier for you to work with more! When you max out your fighters, don't be afraid to take on the gold challenges!

Reactions: Gibraltor
I'd say either! Of course, currency can be a limitation so, try to max levels first and then nodes as you can! The meta is mainly Gold's anyway so, even if you don't have one, that doesn't mean your silver and bronze fighters can't be ever useful!

And, of course, you can keep doing gold fights, but as @Barney had noted, you may not go so far just yet! I would stick with silver fights for now so it's easier for you to work with more! When you max out your fighters, don't be afraid to take on the gold challenges!
How fast does maxing generally happen? Thanks for the clarification!

How fast does maxing generally happen? Thanks for the clarification!
No prob! I'm always here to lend a hand!

So, for Bronze fighters, they max at level 30, which is the most easiest due to needing significantly less exp to level up

Silver Fighters are more hungry, but max at level 40

And the most hungry and difficult to max are Golds who max at level 50.

All in all, you'll likely max out your fave bronze fighters first if you go high on the prize fight events! Silvers will be able to do pretty darn well at around like level 20 anyway, where Exp starts to trickle slower for them, and will be able to take on loads more fights than a bronze fighter!

A general rule of thumb I have for myself as well is, "If a fighter works, keep at it. Add some nodes and you're set!"

Another tip would also be, if you can, upgrade a good amount of combo nodes so you can continually add on the damage! However, if you are fighting a tough opponent with a huge score compared to yours, all those combos may not work since it'll simply charge up your opponent's Block Buster (Special moves that do huge damage!) as you keep poking them!

Oh, and, if a fighter ability relies on a certain stat, for example, like my No Egrets Parasoul (Every critical hit disables an enemy's specials, tag ins, and block busters), go right in and grind for moves that boost that stat too! Some fighters, like Filia, will also give bleeds based ON their crit stats, or are more defensive by nature, always check your fighters abilities before going into battle! You may find new ways to really shake up a fight!